Bananas appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Senile felines’ DNA may allot a partisan an abseil lewdness: send wellies, bananas I trap, a toll, a yam and senile felines.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective Bananas
- Phrases with Bananas
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bananas
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bananas
- Photos about Bananas
- Video language resources about Bananas
- Sign language
- Quotes about Bananas
- Scrabble value of B3A1N1A1N1A1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective Bananas
What does Bananas mean as an attribute of a noun?
- crazy, mad, nuts
- "Bananas" is a 1971 American comedy film directed by Woody Allen and starring Allen, Louise Lasser, and Carlos Montalban. Written by Allen and Mickey Rose, the film is about a bumbling New Yorker who, after being dumped by his activist girlfriend, travels to a tiny Latin American nation and becomes involved in its latest rebellion. Parts of the plot are based on the book Don Quixote, U.S.A. by Richard P. Powell. Filmed on location in New York City, Lima, Peru, and Puerto Rico, the film is number 78 on Bravo's "100 Funniest Movies".
- also known as 傻瓜大闹香蕉城
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Yiddish Language
- producers: Charles H. Joffe, Walter E. Rollins, Jack Rollins
- written by Woody Allen & Mickey Rose
- Jacobo Morales as Esposito
- Woody Allen as Fielding Mellish
- Louise Lasser as Nancy
- Carlos Montalbán as General Emilio M. Vargas
- Sylvester Stallone as Subway Thug #1
- Nati Abascal as Yolanda
- Miguel Ángel Suárez as Luis
- Howard Cosell
- Luis Antonio Cosme
- David Ortiz Angleró as Sanchez
- Charlotte Rae as Mrs. Mellish
- Conrad Bain as Semple
- Don Dunphy
- Roger Grimsby
- Danny DeVito as Subway Hood
- René Enríquez as Diaz
- Jack Axelrod as Arroyo
- Stanley Ackerman as Dr. Mellish
- Dan Frazer as Priest
- Martha Greenhouse as Dr. Feigen
- Axel Anderson as Man Tortured
- Tigre Pérez as Perez
- Baron De Beer as British Ambassador
- Arthur Hughes as Judge
- John Braden as Prosecutor
- Ted Chapman as Policeman
- Dorothi Fox as J. Edgar Hoover
- Dagne Crane as Sharon
- Eddie Barth as Paul
- Nicholas Saunders as Douglas
- Eulogio Peraza as The Interpreter
- Norman Evans as Senator
- Bob O'Connell as FBI Man #1
- Robert Dudley as FBI Man #2
- Marilyn Hengst as Norma
- Ed Crowley as FBI Security #1
- Beeson Carroll as FBI Security #2
- Allen Garfield as Man on Cross
- Princess Fatosh as Snake Bite Lady
- Dick Callinan as Cigarette Commercial Man
- Hy Anzell as Patient In Operating Room
- Tony Caso as Subway Thug #2
- Mary Jo Catlett as Woman in Hotel Lobby Cheering Honeymoon
- Ines Hellendall as Patron
- edited by Ralph Rosenblum
- music by Marvin Hamlisch
- locations: New York City, City College of New York
- genres: Satire, Political cinema, Parody, Political satire, Slapstick, Comedy
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (43 years ago)
- award: - Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Comedy nomination for Mickey Rose & Woody Allen
- "Bananas" a.k.a. "Bananas!*" is a 2009 Swedish documentary directed by Fredrik Gertten about a conflict between the Dole Food Company and banana plantation workers in Nicaragua over alleged cases of sterility caused by the pesticide DBCP.
- also known as Bananas!, Bananes
- countries: Sweden, Denmark
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producer: Margarete Jangård
- executive producer: Fredrik Gertten
- art direction by Rebecca Medez
- starring: Juan Dominguez
- cinematography by Frank Pineda & Joseph Aguirre
- edited by Jesper Osmund & Olivier Bugge Coutté
- music by Nathan Larson
- genres: Documentary film, Historical drama, True crime, Drama
- subjects: Banana Farming, Dole Food Company, 1,2-Dibromo-3-chloropropane, Social issues
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: www.bananasthemovie.com
- "Bananas" a.k.a. "Cupcakes" is a 2013 musical and comedy film written by Eli Bijaoui and Eytan Fox and directed by Eytan Fox.
- read more about Cupcakes
- "Bananas" is a 2013 short comedy film written by Wes Meilandt and Aaron Rosenbloom and directed by Aaron Rosenbloom.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Brad lavery
- executive producer: Joshua Greenberg
- production design by Brian Rzepka
- art direction by Ann Hadlock
- written by Wes Meilandt & Aaron Rosenbloom
- Ida Anderson as Busy Street Professional / Board Room Employee
- Alix Angelis as College Girl
- Jennifer Barbosa as Businesswoman
- Bryant Cook as Boardroom Employee
- Michelle Delynn as Mother
- Christian Degner as Bus patron
- Scott Engrotti as Bus Driver
- Jennifer Goebel as Business Woman
- Priyom Haider as Cook #1
- Zachary Haven as Son in Park
- Jayma Mays
- Teresa Meza as Boardroom Member
- Lizza Monet Morales as Anna
- Ken O'Donnell as Man In Suit
- Sophia Thomas as Busy Street Professional
- casting by Scott David
- cinematography by Pablo Berron
- edited by Jay Bender
- music by Alex Kovacs
- costume design by Vanessa Gonzalez
- genre: Comedy
- released on
Bananas is a fictional character from the 1968 film Seven Times Seven.
Phrases with Bananas
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bananas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
What Your Dreams Mean (2013)
by Herbert Hespro
bananas indicate disappointment in love and failure in some test or examination; buying bananas means a speedy promotion in your firm; eating bananas is a warning for you to be on your guard against loss of health, income, and friends.
The Man who Counted Infinity (2012)
And Other Short Stories from Science, History and Philosophy by Sašo Dolenc
Growing and selling Cavendish bananas is a booming business that involves large amounts of money. The expression “banana republic” denotes large banana producing countries where powerful international companies, such as the United ...
Oxford Studies in Metaethics (2015)
by Russ Shafer-Landau
War, for example, is an event kind; eating bananas is an act ...
Uniquely Maine (2004)
by D. J. Ross
Today, Bananas is a cheerleader in costume. Winter Sports Maine's winter months provide great opportunities for all types of outdoor sports— ice skating, snowboarding, ice fishing, and skiing. Mainers have been skiing since the 1800s. Today ...
American Countercultures: An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History by Gina Misiroglu
®Bananas¦the. ordinary bananas found in every grocery store¦may be the new trend in the psychedelic world. ̄ As Newsweek later recounted, underground newspapers started reprinting the Barb«s recipe for Mellow Yellow ...
The Grilling Encyclopedia (1994)
An A-to-Z Compendium of how to Grill Almost Anything
Bananas. The familiar yellow banana found in grocery stores across America makes surprisingly good grilling fare, as does the banana's close cousin, the plantain (page 183). While plantains are often cooked as a part of the main course, the ...
by Jan Harold Brunvand
The apocryphal accounts tend to follow typical patterns like "a tarantula in the bananas" or "a snake among the greens" or "a baby cobra or pygmy rattler in the onion bin." Usually these rumors and stories concern imported or "ethnic" foods, ...
by Russell Grant
See bananas growing on trees and you will have a few small strokes of luck. Rotten bananas forecasts your friends will disappoint you. Eat berries and you could be in for some health problems. Pick them, and your finances will improve.
by John F. Mariani
Bythe1840s NYC marketswere receiving frequent shipmentsof bananas, andin1870 Captain LorenzoD. Baker ofthe Telegraph brought a cargo ofthe fruit to Boston from Jamaica, leading toapartnership withafruit brokernamed Andrew Pearson ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
Sweet bananas vary in size and color and are usually eaten raw. The larger, green bananas are known as plantains (Musa paradisiaca). Plantain bananas are prepared similarly to vegetables in that they are usually fried or cooked. HISTORY ...
by University of California, Berkeley
Bananas are the most popular fruit in the United States; Americans consume, on average, about 25 pounds per person, per year. It's no wonder: bananas are inexpensive and available year round. What's more, they are easy to chew ...
by Myles H. Bader
Bananas will freeze well for a short period of time, however, they will be a bit mushy when thawed and are better used in dishes. Frozen banana treats are eaten while the banana is still frozen solid, which will not give them the thawing time ...
The Visual Food Encyclopedia (1996)
Bananas develop on a large flower spike after its clusters of purplish flowers When ripe, the shell of the litchi is pinkish or...
A "Full Course" Encyclopedia by Andrew F. Smith
Bananas were introduced into the Mediterranean by Arabs about 1,000 years ago. Spanish colonists introduced bananas into the Caribbean, and British colonists tried to grow them in what would become the United States, but these efforts ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bananas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bananas
Click on an item to view that photo:
Bananas are the most controversial fruit.
Some people like them green.
Some like them yellow and faintly spotted.
And some like them when they're actually ripe. These are about a day from being perfect.
Photo credit: sarae
Sunday night there was a contest... who could eat the most... this skinny guy won... he devoured 5 in about 60 seconds.
Photo credit: NancyK!
Just some bananas in a bowl.
Photo credit: www.rubenholthuijsen.nl
Photo credit: Mr Wabu
Photo credit: tsc_traveler
Photo credit: Ben124.
- Plantains, bananas
copyright ian ransley -...
Photo credit: IAN RANSLEY DESIGN + ILLUSTRATION
- Stacked bananas
Photo credit: JMacPherson
- Young Bananas
Photo credit: vastfield
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bananas
Click on an item to play that video:
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #18 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #6 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #13 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #1 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #8 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #5 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #14 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #3 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #30 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #17 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #23 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #22 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #15 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #7 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #11 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #9 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #29 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #28 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #20 is BANANAS!
- Geometry Vocabulary Proof #10 is BANANAS!
- York Circle Lecture - Bananas, Onions, and Pomegranates: The Self and Language
Dr. Matthew Clark is an Associate Professor in the Department of Humanities at York University. He specializes in Classical Philology, and most of his ...
- Body Language - Work This City (Sammy Bananas Remix)
Photography by Rikki Kasso...
- Elephant's World - Feeding Bananas & Sticky Rice to Elephants (English Language)
Elephant's World is a sanctuary for old, sick, disabled and abused elephants in Thailand.
- Cool Bananas Maori News (language)
- Benji Bananas Banana Cheat (Check Description)
Benji Bananas Hack Toolgive you unlimited Bananas in a few second. You can be sure that you will be one of the best player after use this hack.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bananas!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Bananas
A dog doesn't like bananas, but he can't bear to think that chickens eat them.
more quotes about bananas...
Scrabble value of B3A1N1A1N1A1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bananas to see it in context!