On this page:
- Definition of the noun bandana
- Phrases with Bandana
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bandana
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bandana
- Photos about Bandana
- Videos about Bandana
- Scrabble value of B3A1N1D2A1N1A1
- Anagrams of BANDANA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bandana
What does bandana mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bandanas
- large and brightly colored handkerchief; often used as a neckerchief
Alternative definition of the noun bandana
- A large kerchief, usually colourful and used as head gear; Notably, it may also be seen used as a handkerchief, neckerchief, bikini, or sweatband.
- Bandana was a Latin Grammy-nominated female pop group from Buenos Aires, Argentina. They saw both local and international success from 2001 until 2004 when they disbanded. In total, they released 3 studio albums, 1 live album and DVD, and a film starring themselves. They were managed by RGB Entertainment and were a big phenomenon, causing hysteria among tween and teen girls.
- genres: Pop music, Ballad, Dance-pop, Latin pop
- albums: "Bandana", "Noche"
- Bandana was an American country music band composed of Lonnie Wilson, Jerry Fox, Tim Menzies, Joe Van Dyke, and Jerry Ray Johnston. After Menzies, Johnston and Van Dyke left, they were replaced with Michael Black and Billy Kemp on guitars, and Bob Mummert on drums. Between 1982 and 1986, they were signed to Warner Bros. Records, on which they charted ten singles on the Billboard Hot Country Singles charts, including the top 20 hits "The Killin' Kind" and "Outside Lookin' In". The latter also appeared on a self-titled album.
"Bandana" is a musical album of Bandana.
"Bandana" a.k.a. "Tonight And The People" is a 2013 film directed by Neil Beloufa.
- read more about Tonight And The People (film)
Bandana is a fictional character from the 1980 film Defiance.
Bandana is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Ballard County, Kentucky, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 203.
Phrases with Bandana
- Asota Bandana
- Ficus Bandana
- Glipa Bandana
- Appias Bandana
- Eurema Bandana
- Euploea Bandana
- Kallima Bandana
- Pogonia Bandana
- Salpinx Bandana
- Achillea Bandana
- Elkalyce Bandana
- Nacaduba Bandana
- Nervilia Bandana
- Hypolimnas Bandana
- Species Asota Bandana
- Species Glipa Bandana
- Kallima Sylvia Bandana
- Species Appias Bandana
- Species Eurema Bandana
- Nacaduba Kurava Bandana
View more phrases with the word Bandana in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bandana
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Turnaround and Beyond (2010)
A Hopeful Future for the Small Membership Church by Ron Crandall
Bandana is a small farming community tucked away in the fertile bottomlands of the Ohio River in western Kentucky.
A Cultural Encyclopedia by Annette Lynch, Mitchell D. Strauss
BANDANA A bandana is a twenty-two-inch brightly printed square scarf that serves a multitude of practical uses, including handkerchief, neckerchief, face mask, forehead band, and a means by which to wrap small possessions for transport, ...
Bandana Festival Dance : Bandana is the most important festival of Sauria. It is a four day festival held during February-March. Since drinking and dancing are also very important part of this festival, friends and relatives from other villages ...
by Bryan Garner
✳Bandana is a variant. bandit has two plural forms, bandits and banditti. The native-English form (bandits) is preferred. (See plurals (b).) The Italian plural is usually tonguein-cheek: “It can be a tough call if your dad takes a European vacation ...
by Gavin Ambrose, Paul Harris
Bandana has been adopted into the English language, via Potuguese, from the Hindi word meaning to tie, and the often brightly-coloured garments are used for protection against sun and dust, in addition to being useful for wiping sweat away ...
A Cultural Encyclopedia by Beverly Chico
Thus, the terms bandana and kerchief (couvre-chef, meaning “cover the head” in French) became intertwined, and the cloth from which they were made was marketed globally. They have also been generically referred to as head- scarves, ...
by William Reeve, Daniel Sanderson
axjrfra bandana, s. War, combat, fight, battle. C. BaozSoj bandalu, «. Settlings, sediment, lees.
Based Upon the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster : with a Reference Library and Treasury of Facts by Noah Webster, Harry Thurston Peck
bandana or bandanna (ban-dan'a), n. a large silk or cotton handkerchief, ...
A new universal etymological technological, and pronouncing dictionary of the English language (1848)
by John Craig (F.G.S.)
BANDANA—. BANDSTBIXG. observance of discipline ; — interdiction ; a curse ; excommunication ; anathema ; Tboo mixture rank of midnight weeds collected, With Hecate's beat thrice blasted, thrice Infected. — Saota — r. a. (ooweea, to ...
Bandana disrupts facial-recognition software LIKES: Transforming cars into weapons DISLIKES: Insects FRIENDS: Techno ninja FOES: General Cryptor SKILLS: Aiming missiles GEAR: Red Techno-Blade SET NAME: Kai Fighter, Ninja ...
by Random House, Stephen Elliott
coniederacy, consolidate 13 confederation bandage 4 bind 5 dress 7 binding, plaster 8 compress dressing bandanna, bandana bandanna, bandana 5 scart 6 kerchiel 10 silk.
Ute Dictionary (2016)
by T. Givón
'scarf, bandana'; ...
by Doreen Yarwood
Bandanna, Bandana From the Hindi word bondhnfi, which refers to a method of dyeing wherein the cloth is tied in places to prevent it from receiving. In the eighteenth century, large silk — and later cotton — squares were imported from India.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bandana
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bandana
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: pasa47
The Doggie with the Texans.
Photo credit: fauxto_digit
Photo credit: Omar.Bariffi
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Bandana Pants
Play shorts for Son #2.
Photo credit: lisaclarke
- Dog's bandana
Photo credit: Freddycat1
- Molly wearing a bandana
Molly and her dog Bandana
Photo credit: Howard O. Young
- Putter Wearing His Bandana
Photo credit: Jim Larrison
- Bandana Couple
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Jodi bandana
Shot in late 80's
... pardon the dust and scratches...
Photo credit: joedferg
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Bandana
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Bandana!
Scrabble value of B3A1N1D2A1N1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BANDANA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bandana!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bandana to see it in context!