Bard appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- drab bard
- Drab Red, no londer bard
- Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun bard
- Definition of the verb bard
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bard
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bard
- Photos about Bard
- Videos about Bard
- Quotes about Bard
- Scrabble value of B3A1R1D2
- Anagrams of BARD
- Share this page
Bard (poet) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's essential words for the GRE, which includes 800 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bard
What does bard mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bards
- a lyric poet
- an ornamental caparison for a horse
Alternative definition of the noun bard
- A professional poet and singer, as among the ancient Celts, whose occupation was to compose and sing verses in honor of the heroic achievements of princes and brave men.
- Hence: A poet; as, the bard of Avon.
- A piece of defensive (or, sometimes, ornamental) armor for a horse's neck, breast, and flanks; a barb. (Often in the plural.)
- Defensive armor formerly worn by a man at arms.
- [context: cooking] A thin slice of fat bacon used to cover any meat or game.
- The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree; the rind.
- Specifically, Peruvian bark.
Definition of the noun bard for high school students
- a poet, often a singer as well
- example: Shakespeare is often considered the greatest bard in the history of the English language.
The noun bard is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
Definition of the verb bard
What does bard mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: barded | barding | bards
- put a caparison on
Alternative definition of the verb bard
- To cover a horse in defensive armor.
- [context: cooking] To cover (meat or game) with a thin slice of fat bacon.
- Bard a.k.a. Bard the Bowman is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- Bard is a fictional character from the anime series Black Butler.
- also known as Bardroy, Barudoroi, Baldo
- Bard is a fictional character from the 1983 film Crusher Joe.
- Bard a.k.a. Bård is a fictional character from the 2002 film Scars.
- Bard is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Daniel Bard.
"Bard" is a book by Keith Taylor.
- "Bard" is the third studio album by the English progressive rock band, Big Big Train. It was released in 2002 by Treefrog Records.
- "Bard" is a musical album of Bard.
- released in
Bard is a musical group.
- album: "Bard"
Bard a.k.a. Bard, New Mexico: Bard is an unincorporated community located in Quay County, New Mexico, United States. Bard is located at Exit 361 off I-40, about 31 miles south of Tucumcari, the county seat of Quay County. Bard had a post office from January 30, 1908, to November 26, 1991; it still has its own ZIP code, 88411.
- read more about Bard, New Mexico
Bard a.k.a. Bardi Language: Bardi is a moribund Australian Aboriginal language. There are approximately 20 speakers out of an ethnic population of 380.
- read more about Bardi Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bard
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Iolo Morganwg, Marginalia and Print Culture by Ffion Mair Jones
Jenkins 'The Bard is a Very Singular Character' Iolo Morganwg, Marginalia.
by H. P. Lovecraft
Here every bard is a genius, And artists are Raphaels, And above the roofs of Patchin Place The Muse of Talent ...
by Vince Thompson, David I. Russo, Rusty Rueff, Hank Stringer, Cathy Fyock, Martha I. Finney
The Bard is an ignited manager with the ability to record and pass along organizational history—occasionally in a formal, written fashion but more often informally, embodied in "campfire stories" and the evocation of relevant facts and ...
A Celtic Miscellany (2006)
Selected and Translated by Kenneth Hurlstone Jackson by Kenneth Jackson
The word bard is a Celtic one, and has a technical sense which it lacks in English . Celtic society was organized as an aristocracy; the kings and chiefs supported client poets, poets laureate, whose primary business it was to sing the praises of ...
The Medieval Tournament (2013)
by R. Coltman Clephan
The bard is a defence for the horse, while the trapper is its outside textile covering. The importance of lightlyarmed troops in warfare became steadily greater, and even as early as the beginning of the sixteenth century a large proportion of the ...
by Michael Gardiner, Graeme Macdonald, Niall O'Gallagher
ALISTAIR MACLEOD AND ALEXANDER MACDONALD In Bardic Nationalism, Trumpener notes: 'For nationalist antiquaries, the bard is the mouthpiece for a whole society, articulating its values, chronicling its history, and mourning the ...
by Kathryn A. Bard
Bard. Glossary. alae ballas benben canopic chest/jar cartouche eella faïence false Latin, small rooms/apartments within a larger building. amphora large pottery jar with twohandles anda narrow neck, most often used for the ...
Dictionary of phrase and fable. [A dictionary of English literature] by W.D. Adams, with additions (1885)
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Bard of Avon. Shakespeare, who was born ana buried at Stratford-upon-Avon. Also culled • The bard of all times.
Bard of Hope. Thomas Campbell, author of " The Pleasures of Hope.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
The Irish bard through chanting preserved a tradition of poetic eulogy. In Wales, where the word bardd has always been used for poet, the bardic order was codified into distinct grades in the 10th century. Despite a decline of the order toward ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bard
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bard
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Bard
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bard Meaning
Video shows what bard means. A professional poet and singer, as among the ancient Celts, whose occupation was to compose and sing verses in honor of the ...
- FFXIV ARR: Bard Best Gear for Patch 2.2 + Explanation
- Meaning and Pronunciation of BARD
- Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Class Description - Bard
This video Discusses the Dungeons and Dragons class the Bard, as well as how to play it.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bard!
Quotes about Bard
Take it like the Bard's Point.
more quotes about bard...
Scrabble value of B3A1R1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BARD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Bard!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bard to see it in context!