On this page:
- Definition of the noun Barre
- Phrases with Barre
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Barre
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barre
- Photos about Barre
- Videos about Barre
- Scrabble value of B3A1R1R1E1
- Anagrams of BARRE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Barre
What does Barre mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: barres
- [ballet] A handrail fixed to a wall used for ballet exercises.
- Barre is a town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 5,398 at the 2010 census.
- Barre /ˈbæri/ is a town in Washington County, Vermont, United States. The population was 7,924 at the 2010 census. Barre town almost completely surrounds Barre city, which is incorporated separately from the town of Barre.
- also known as Barre, Vermont; Washington County / Barre city; Barre (town), Vermont
- part of Washington County, Vermont, United States of America, Washington-4 Vermont Representative District, 2002–12
- Barre is a town in Orleans County, New York, United States. The population was 2,025 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Barre, Massachusetts.
- Barre is a town in La Crosse County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,234 at the 2010 census. It is part of the La Crosse, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town hall is in the unincorporated community of Barre Mills.
- Barre is a census-designated place in the town of Barre in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 1,009 at the 2010 census.
There are other places with in their name, like La Barre, Port Barre, Barre Denis, South Barre, Barre Center, Wilkes-Barre, Deuil-la-Barre, La Barre-de-Monts, Barre-des-Cévennes, Wilkes-Barre Township, Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral.
- Barre a.k.a. Barré was a French automobile manufacturer established by Gaston Barré at Niort. Some sources give the starting date for the business as 1900, although Barré’s first automobile was presented in December 1899 at the Paris Motor Show. Production ended in 1930.
- make: Barré
- Barre a.k.a. Barré was a make of automobile produced by G. Barré et Cie.
- Barre is a fictional film character.
- Barre a.k.a. Barré is a fictional film character.
- Barre: A barre is a stationary handrail that provides support for people during various types of exercise. Barres are used extensively in ballet training and warm up exercises, where such exercises are commonly referred to as barre work. In a ballet class, barre may also refer to the part of the class that involves barre work. Barres are also used for warm up exercises in other types of dance, as well as in general fitness programs.
- Barre is a family name.
Phrases with Barre
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Barre
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gayle Kassing
A barre is a wooden or metal rail that is either attached to several walls of the studio or is a free-standing, portable...
Whether you are a novice, experienced, or professional ballet dancer, executing barre is an essential part of ballet class.
by Joe Carr
The French word barre means to fret more than one string (at the same fret) by laying the finger flat on the fingerboard.
by Mary Kate Mellow, Stephanie Troeller
A barre is a long, rounded piece of wood that extends along the length of the studio. It's usually set up next to a mirror so that you can check your positioning while you stretch. Barre exercises warm up your muscles and stretch them out so you ...
From Tuning Your Instrument and Learning Chords to Reading Music and Writing Songs, Everything You Need to Play Like the Best by Adams Media, Marc Schonbrun, Ernie Jackson
A barre is a technique that allows you to use the same finger for more than one string. Since you have only four fingers to fret chords with, and the guitar has six strings, you need to make efficient use of your fingers in order to play full chords.
by Nicholas Statham
"Barre is a word common as well to the English as to the French, of which cometh the noun, a Bar, Barra. It signifieth legally a destruction forever, or taking away for a time of the action of him that right hath. And Barra is an Italian word, ...
by Howard Wallach
吋平奕士-4- *A hinge barre is a two-string barre where ascending notes are barred and ...
Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Classical, Folk : Over 2,000 Chords for Every Style of Music! by Marc Schonbrun
Now that you understand the basics of chord frames, there is a technical detail to explain: barre chords. Barres A barre is a technique that allows you to use the ...
by Grace C. Keroher
Barre Granite1 Devonian : East-central Vermont.
The Encyclopedia of North American Indian Wars, 1607–1890: A Political, Social, and Military History [3 volumes] (2011)
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
Joseph Antoine Le Fèbvre de La Barre was born in France in 1622.
Religious Celebrations: An Encyclopedia of Holidays, Festivals, Solemn Observances, and Spiritual Commemorations [2 volumes] (2011)
An Encyclopedia of Holidays, Festivals, Solemn Observances, and Spiritual Commemorations by J. Gordon Melton
led them to la Barre, a nobleman, and several companions. While no evidence ever connected him and the other young men to the vandalism, they were finally accused of a variety of other impious and blasphemous actions. On July 1, 1766, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barre
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Barre
Click on an item to view that photo:
note pressure and angle of index finger toward headstock, and angle of the index finger.
Also note the thumb under the neck acting as a fulcrum in conjunction with the left forearm.
Photo credit: ljguitar
Photo credit: ludovicsarrazin
- Cat Barre
Photo credit: ixmati
- Barre, Massachusetts
Barre Congregational Church - Barre, Massachusetts
Photo credit: Dougtone
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Barre
Click on an item to play that video:
- Barre Meaning
Video shows what barre means. A handrail fixed to a wall used for ballet exercises.. barre pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- An Explanation of E Shaped Barre Chords
- BARRE Alg Z.1 Polynomials Polynomial vocabulary
BARRE Alg Z.1 Polynomials Polynomial vocabulary.
- Morning Dew and Roses: Nuance, Metaphor, and Meaning in Folksongs by Barre Toelken Ebook
Download Morning Dew and Roses: Nuance, Metaphor, and Meaning in Folksongs by Barre Toelken PDF Ebook Click ...
- BODY LANGUAGE Barre Studio in Albuquerque, NM
- LANGUAGE BARRE
UNLV MFA Acting Students present a Language Barre from Shakespeare's ROMEO.
View more videos about La Barre.
See also the pronunciation examples of Barre!
Scrabble value of B3A1R1R1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine