On this page:
- Definition of the noun battalia
- Phrases with Battalia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Battalia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Battalia
- Photos about Battalia
- Video language resources about Battalia
- Scrabble value of B3A1T1T1A1L1I1A1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun battalia
What does battalia mean as a name of something?
Battalia is a genus of Tortricidae, described by Koçak in 1981.
- synonyms: genus Battalia / Parachorista / genus Parachorista
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Tortricidae
- species Battalia acmemorpha
- species Battalia anassa
- species Battalia anisographa
- species Battalia anthracograpta
- species Battalia apheles
- species Battalia colobodesma
- species Battalia cricophora
- species Battalia euphyes
- species Battalia fusca
- species Battalia insignis
- species Battalia lagaroptycha
- species Battalia lutescens
- species Battalia mimela
- species Battalia ochra
- species Battalia oligosta
- species Battalia pityrochroa
- species Battalia psara
- species Battalia rhopalodes
- species Battalia stenoptera
- species Battalia trulligera
- species Battalia verecunda
- Battalia: From the late 16th century into the 18th century battalia, was a description used both for the positioning of units in an army on a battle field and the formation in which individual units deployed for battle. Sometimes it was used to describe the main body of an army deploy for battle but excluding the wings and other units such as those deployed in front of the main line in skirmishing formation etc. Battalia differs from battalion which is generally the smallest military unit capable of independent operations and would have formed up in its battalia when going into battle.
- Battalia is a genus of moths belonging to the subfamily Tortricinae of the family Tortricidae.
Phrases with Battalia
- Battalia Fusca
- Battalia Ochra
- Battalia Psara
- Battalia Anassa
- Battalia Mimela
- Battalia Apheles
- Battalia Euphyes
- Battalia Insignis
- Battalia Oligosta
- Battalia Lutescens
- Battalia Verecunda
- Battalia Acmemorpha
- Battalia Cricophora
- Battalia Rhopalodes
- Battalia Stenoptera
- Battalia Trulligera
- Battalia Anisographa
- Battalia Colobodesma
- Battalia Pityrochroa
- Genus Battalia
View more phrases with the word Battalia in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Battalia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature (1823)
Battalia Battel. BATTALIA, an army ranged in order of battle, or ready for engagement. The word seems formed from the Latin batualia, sometimes also written batalia, denoting a sort of military or gladiatorial exercise, as fighting with foils, ...
by David Crystal
/ be:дd sp bathe" / bathing" / bath'd" batler п 'batloл sp batler" battalia п bэ' taljo sp battalia battalion / ~s n sp battalians" batten v sp batten" batter / ~s / -ing / ~ed v 'batoл / -z / -in, -п), "batrin, -п) / -d sp batter" / batters" / batte-ring" / battred", ...
by Samuel Johnson
BATTALIA (BATTA'LIA) n.s.[battaglia, Ital.] ...
by BookCaps, BookCaps Study Guides Staff
Battalia - (bat-AL-ee-a) a large military force, prepared for battle. The term battalia is similar to the modern word "battalion". Batten - (BAT-tin) to fatten, to gorge on food.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
battalia, realia, regalia, vedalia, Westphalia bacchanalia, genitalia, glossolalia, inter alia, Lupercalia, marginalia, penetralia, saturnalia Orientalia, paraphernalia alia2 \al-ya\ dahlia battalia, et alia passacaglia alian1 \ä-lë-an\ alien 25 alia.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1817)
Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature ...
BATTALIA, an army ranged in order of battle, or ready for engagement. The word seems formed from the Latin batuasia, sometimes also written batalia, denoting a sort of military or gladiatorial exercise, as fighting with foils, or tilting at a post.
A Dictionary of the English Language; in which the Words are Deduced from Their Originals; and Illustrated in Their Different Significations ... Together with a History of the Language, and an English Grammar. By Samuel Johnson ... Whith Numerous Corrections, and with the Addition of Several Thousand Words ... by the Rev. H.J. Todd ... In Four Volumes. Vol. 1. [-4.] (1818)
BATTALIA. K. m. s. [battaglia, Ital. old Fr .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Battalia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Battalia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Battalia - Introduces Battalia
Bad Album Covers
Photo credit: savedvinyl
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Battalia
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of B3A1T1T1A1L1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Battalia to find many related words and phrases!