On this page:
- Definition of the noun Beardfish
- Phrases with Beardfish
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beardfish
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beardfish
- Photos about Beardfish
- Video language resources about Beardfish
- Scrabble value of B3E1A1R1D2F4I1S1H4
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Beardfish
What does Beardfish mean as a name of something?
- geographic area: Western Atlantic Ocean
Alternative definition of the noun Beardfish
- Any of various deep-sea fish, of the family Polymixiidae, that have a pair of long hyoid barbels
Beardfish is a Swedish progressive rock band formed in 2001. Their style resembles progressive rock bands from the 1970s, such as Yes and Genesis.
- genre: Progressive rock
- albums: "The Sane Day", "Sleeping in Traffic: Part One", "Sleeping in Traffic: Part Two", "Destined Solitaire", "Från en plats du ej kan se", "The Void", "Mammoth"
- official website: www.beardfishband.com
Phrases with Beardfish
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beardfish
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Zoology (2014)
by Michael Allaby
Polymixia nobilis (beardfish) See POLYMIXIIDAE. Polymixiidae (beardfish; superorder Paracanthopterygii, order *Polymixiiformes) A small family of deepwater fish that have a deep body, a pair of long chin *barbels, a few spines preceding the ...
Encyclopedia of Animals (2007)
by Karen McGhee, George McKay
Other fish that live in the deep sea are the dragonfish, lizardfish, Ianternfish, and beardfish. These have adapted in different wavs to life in the dark ocean depths. Hatchetfish Argyropelecus olfersi Mouth and eyes are directed upward because ...
by Philip D. Morehead
beardfish, squirrelfish, ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
beardfish see barbudo. bearding ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
beardfish 7noun (pl. same or beardfishes) a small bottom-dwelling marine fish of deep ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beardfish
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Beardfish
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Beardfish
Click on an item to play that video:
- Beardfish Meaning
Video shows what beardfish means. Any of various deep-sea fish, of the family Polymixiidae, that have a pair of long hyoid barbels. Beardfish Meaning. How to ...
- Beardfish - Mammoth [FULL ALBUM - progressive rock]
- BEARDFISH - Hold on (Loreley 2015)
BEARDFISH - Hold on (au Night of the Prog Festival, Loreley le 17/07/2015)
- Beardfish - Live at De Boerderij FULL HQ - Complete Concert
- Beardfish - Sleeping In Traffic
- BEARDFISH - The Hunter
Beardfish:Live at De Boerderij (Olanda) 28 Ottobre 2010.
- Beardfish - The Hunter
An In-Studio version of "The Hunter" from Beardfish's latest album Sleeping in Traffic: Part 2.
Scrabble value of B3E1A1R1D2F4I1S1H4
The value of this 9-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Beardfish to find many related words and phrases!