On this page:
Definition of the noun beda
What does beda mean as a name of something?
- (Roman Catholic Church) English monk and scholar (672-735)
- domain: Church of Rome / Roman Catholic / Roman Catholic Church / Roman Church / Western Church
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- alternative spelling: Baeda
- synonyms of Beda: Bede / Saint Baeda / Saint Beda / Saint Bede / St. Baeda / St. Beda / St. Bede / the Venerable Bede
- instance of: Doctor / Doctor of the Church = a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching; historian / historiographer = a person who is an authority on history and who studies it and writes about it; saint = a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization; theologian / theologiser / theologist / theologizer = someone who is learned in theology or who speculates about theology
Who is Beda?
Beda a.k.a. Fritz Löhner-Beda, born Bedřich Löwy, was an Austrian librettist, lyricist and writer. Murdered in Auschwitz III Monowitz concentration camp and nearly forgotten, many of his songs and tunes remained popular up to today.
- read more about Fritz Löhner-Beda
- Beda a.k.a. Béda is a fictional character in the 1984 film Slunce, seno, jahody.
- Beda is a fictional film character.
"Beda" a.k.a. "Bēda" is a composition.
- music by Mārtiņš Jansons
Beda a.k.a. Veddah language: Vedda/væđđā/ is the language of the indigenous Vedda people of Sri Lanka. But communities, such as Coast Veddas and Anuradhapura Veddas, that do not strictly identify themselves as Veddas also use the Vedda language in part for communication during hunting and or for religious chants, throughout the island.
- read more about Veddah language
Phrases with Beda
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Travels in Arabia Deserta (2010)
by Charles Montagu Doughty
Beda is a ruined site with dom, or branched wild nut-palms : there is a standing hamlet of tents of Bllli, the husbandmen of a few palms. The place is one natural day's journey, said Mohammed the Moghreby, from the sea town. After W. Nejid ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
That attributed to Be- da, in the 8th century, is of very doubtful authority ; the names of several saints being there found who did not live till after the time ot Beda. The 9th century was very fertile in martyrologies ; then appeared that of Florus, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Beda
Click on an item to view that photo:
- San Beda
Photo credit: cealwyn
- San Beda
Photo credit: cealwyn
- Beda Westberg
Duclos studio, Lowell, MA
Photo credit: kylacromer
- Beda House
Photo credit: Charlotte Briere
- San Beda Abbey Chapel
Religious or not, you gotta appreciate the art, and all the effort that goes toward keeping it all in pristine condition.
Photo credit: Mykee Alvero
View more pictures about San Beda College.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Beda
Beda Fcths ESL
Scrabble value of B3E1D2A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BEDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Beda!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Beda to find many related words and phrases!