The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun behaviour:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun behaviour
- Phrases with Behaviour
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Behaviour
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Behaviour
- Photos about Behaviour
- Video language resources about Behaviour
- Sign language
- Quotes about Behaviour
- Scrabble value of B3E1H4A1V4I1O1U1R1
- Share this page
Behaviour is sometimes a misspelling of behavior.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun behaviour
What does behaviour mean as a name of something?
Behaviour is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: behaviours
- the action or reaction of something (as a machine or substance) under specified circumstances
- (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of behaviour: behavior / conduct / demeanor / demeanour / deportment
- more generic word: trait = a distinguishing feature of your personal nature
- more specific terms:
- (psychology) the aggregate of the responses or reactions or movements made by an organism in any situation
- manner of acting or controlling yourself
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of behaviour: behavior / conduct / doings
- more generic word: activity = any specific behavior
- more specific terms:
- aggression = deliberately unfriendly behavior
- bohemianism = conduct characteristic of a bohemian
- dirty pool = conduct that is unfair or unethical or unsportsmanlike
- dirty tricks = underhand commercial or political behavior designed to discredit an opponent
- offensive activity / discourtesy / offence / offense = a lack of politeness; a failure to show regard for others
- easiness = the quality of being easy in behavior or style
- the ways of the world / the way of the world = the manner in which people typically behave or things typically happen
Alternative definition of the noun behaviour
- The way matter moves or acts.
- "Behaviour" is the fourth studio album by English synthpop duo Pet Shop Boys. It was first released in 1990. A special edition Japanese release included an additional Mini CD, exclusive artwork and printed lyrics in a white velvet-like box.
- "Behaviour" is the sixth studio album by the Canadian progressive rock band Saga, and was originally released in 1985, two years after the moderately successful Heads or Tales. Behaviour was itself successful, and managed to outsell its 1983 predecessor thanks to the strong performance of the single "What Do I Know?".
- genre: Progressive rock
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Behaviour" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Behaviour" is a musical single of Absurd.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Behaviour" is a musical album of Naevus.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Behaviour a.k.a. behavior is a gene group, gene ontology group.
- Behaviour is an academic journal published by Brill Publishers.
- The behaviour of the element.
- behaviour: Properties that indicate the method in which content interacts with other stimuli.
Phrases with Behaviour
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Behaviour
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J.C. Aggarwal
Teaching Behaviour is a Unidirectional Activity. In a given teaching–learning situation, it is the teacher (T)...
by M. Rajamanickam
The internal behaviour is a continuous process that is going on even when the organism is in a sleeping state, and also the functions like...
Building Relationships by Michael Dyson, Margaret Plunkett, Kerryn McCluskey
A student's behaviour is a message about what they want. Sometimes...
by Wim Heijman, Pierre von Mouche
Then a well-known necessary condition for such behaviour is that good 1 is an inferior good. This paper shows that an additional necessary condition for such behaviour is that good 1 is a gross substitute for good 2, and that good 2 is a gross ...
A Multidisciplinary Approach by E. F. ten Heuvelhof, Ernst Ten Heuvelhof
Strategic behaviour is a frequently used concept.
actually see what strategic behaviour means in practice and how it evolves, we will depart from the economic 'rational choice' game-theoretic notions and then systematically...
FCS Consumer Behaviour L2 (2007)
Consumer behaviour refers to the things that a consumer does when buying and using products and services. A brand name is the...
Faces of Medicine (2012)
A Philosophical Study by W.J. van der Steen, P.J. Thung
First of all, the distinction of environmental influences and influences of personal behaviour is a bit awkward. It may make one overlook the impact of the psychosocial environment. In the past few decades, this dimension of the environment ...
by Gerard J. Byrne, Christine C. Neville
Abnormal illness behaviour refers to the situation in which the person either inappropriately affirms or inappropriately denies the presence of an illness. Abnormal treatment behaviour refers to the situation in which the doctor or other health ...
Anxiety, Aggression, Depression and ADHD – A Biopsychological Model with Guidelines for Diagnostics and Treatment by Martine Delfos
Less clear, however, is whether the behaviour is a matter of a disorder or a problem; namely whether the aggression and anxiety...
Medical Sociology in Africa (2014)
by Jimoh Amzat, Oliver Razum
Illness behaviour is a concept that was introduced in the late 1950s by David Mechanic to depict the “variability in...
One major difference between health and illness behaviour is that in the former, the person defines himself or herself...
by Jagdish Prasad
BEHAVIOUR. OF. PRICES. AND. MARKET. ARRIVALS. OF. FOODGRAINS. IN. HIMACHAL. PRADESH. Harbans Lal, D.S. Thakur, A.S. Saini & D.R. Thakur Introduction An efficient marketing system is a pre-requisite for stable and ...
by Kevin White
First, there has to be something about A good example of medicalizathe behaviour that makes it problematic to powerful groups and to broadly accepted cultural beliefs about the right way to live life. Gambling, in nineteenth-century America ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Strength and Power in Sport (2008)
by Paavo Komi
Behaviour of single motor units from the tibialis anterior during ballistic contraction of similar force levels (41 vs. 44% of MVC), before (a) and after (b) dynamic training. The traces correspond to the mechanical force (A) and the ...
by John Jenkins, John Pigram
Indirect techniques often include education or INTERPRETATION, whicharebased onthe presumption that,if visitors are informedaboutthe consequences oftheir behaviour, theywilldo the right thing. Practicalexperience suggeststhat ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Behaviour
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Behaviour
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Behaviour
Click on an item to play that video:
- SANDHAN (AGIC): Consumer Behaviour: Meaning and Factors affecting
SANDHAN visions to promote Distance Education and to take technology to the classroom in 1032 colleges of the state of Gujarat by enabling the students to ...
- Behaviour Meaning
Video shows what behaviour means. The way a living creature behaves or acts.. The way a device or system operates.. behaviour pronunciation. How to ...
- 3.1 Lesson 2 - Social Learning Theory as an explanation of Criminal Behaviour
Unit 3 of Edexcel A2 Psychology Topic 1 - Criminological Psychology Lesson 2 - Social Learning Theory as an explanation of Criminal Behaviour Remember ...
- Unit B601 GCSE Afterlife Revision:Explanation of how beliefs affect behaviour
- NCEA Animal behaviour and responses vocabulary video flashcards
- Self-fulfilling prophecy as an explanation of criminal behaviour
Remember - once you've watched the video, complete this short on-line test to check your understanding.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = consumer behaviour
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = political behaviour
- Explanation of deviation of ideal gas behaviour: Lecture Note Class XI Chemistry
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = social behaviour
- Communication - Language and Behaviour
Speech and Language Pathologist Sarah Dowling explores some of the reasons why learners may have behavioural reactions when they experience language ...
- Why boys' behaviour is their language
- Piggie Health Check #14 ~ Behaviour and Body Language
- Managing Disruptive Behaviour in an ESL Classroom
Great tips on managing disruptive behaviour in an ESL classroom. These tips are useful both for English teachers and teachers of other subject areas. If you like ...
- The Description of The Prophet Muhammad and His Character and Behaviour
Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab Al-Aqeel Associate Professor of Aqeedah in University of Madinah and author of many books. He currently teaches in ...
- Northumbria Police - Language free - Anti Social Behaviour
Northumbria Police has produced its first ever package of short films, posters and leaflets without the use of any language or text. The specialist Language-Free ...
- Behaviour And Body Language While Giving A Presentation
B.TECH ASE CSE 4A(X batch) Vivek Gupta 2002 Sankalp Gupta 2004 Deepanshu Anand 2005 Ananay Singh 2006.
- Expectations and behaviour - Myanmar language Burmese
Information about Australia's laws and appropriate behaviour for people who arrived illegally by boat. All people living in Australia must follow Australia's laws ...
- Baby Funny sound, language, behaviour II Q Bao
Baby Funny sound, language, behaviour II Q Bao.
- Lichaamstaal Non-verbaal gedrag (Body Language Non-Verbal Behaviour). Elevator Pitch (09/16)
English and Dutch closed captions available. Fragment "Lichaamstaal en non-verbaal gedrag" from the Workshop Winning Presentations on-stage and for ...
- Use positive language to achieve desired change in your children's behaviour
- Process and behaviour based scripting language
- DiSC - The Universal Language of Behaviour
An empowering tool to help in business and life, guiding you to understand more about yourself and others. Communication will become more effective, you will ...
- Priya Nair Corporate Trainer- Language, Soft Skill and Behaviour
Priya Nair Corporate Trainer- Language, Soft Skill and Behaviour.
- Language influences behaviour during organisational change
When wanting to bring about organisational change, if you are not careful your language, designed to promote change, can make it worse. An example of where ...
- LANGUAGE AND BEHAVIOUR - MOD7 U4
Questions for discussion in the English class.
- 02 Student Behaviour in Language Learning 1
See also the pronunciation examples of Behaviour!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Behaviour
Scrabble value of B3E1H4A1V4I1O1U1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Behaviour to see it in context!