|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun belladonna
What does belladonna mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: belladonnas
- perennial Eurasian herb with reddish bell-shaped flowers and shining black berries; extensively grown in United States; roots and leaves yield atropine
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Atropa belladonna
- synonyms of belladonna: belladonna plant / deadly nightshade
- more generic terms: herb / herbaceous plant = a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties
- member of: Atropa / genus Atropa = belladonna
- an alkaloidal extract or tincture of the poisonous belladonna plant that is used medicinally
Phrases with BellaDonna
Phrases starting with the word BellaDonna:
- belladonna lily
- belladonna plant
Phrases ending with the word BellaDonna:
- atropa belladonna
- amaryllis belladonna
Belladonna is an American pornographic actress and producer.
- also known as Bella Donna, Sasha, Bella, Michelle Sinclair, Michelle Anne Sinclair
- born on (32 years ago) in Biloxi
- ethnicity: Scottish people, Germans
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Pornographic actor, film director, film producer, actor
- Marriage with Aiden Kelly since
- parent of Myla Kelly
- films directed:
There are other people with BellaDonna in their name, like Joey Belladonna.
- Belladonna is an Italian Rock noir band.
- Belladonna is a musical group.
- albums: "Belladonna", "Deadly Night Shade"
"Belladonna" is the second book in Anne Bishop's Landscapes of Ephemera. Following Sebastian, Belladonna continues the story of the battle between the Light and Dark of Ephemera, and Glorianna Belladonna's struggle to destroy, or cage the Eater of the World before it can convert the worlds into a massive playground to use for its own dark purposes. Belladonna also introduces into the duology Michael, a wandering musician who seeks the answer to the riddle that has been haunting his dreams, and whose arrival into the lives of all the original characters has catastrophic and far-reaching consequences for everyone.
- language: English Language
- genre: Fantasy
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Belladonna" is a film, directed by Annika Glac.
- "Belladonna" is a short film, directed by Beth B..
- "Belladonna" is a 2005 studio album by the canadian singer-songrwtiter and producer Daniel Lanois who, according to his website, took the techniques he developed with Brian Eno and went on to produce career albums for Bob Dylan, Peter Gabriel, and Emmylou Harris. This journey comes full circle on "Belladonna", an instrumental record that captures the often tense emotional dynamics of Eno's pioneering releases. Dense textures evolve into delicate Mexican melodies, capturing the disquieting serenity of American southwest landscapes. This is Lanois' self proclaimed defining moment.
- genres: Rock music, Experimental music
- released on (8 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Belladonna" is a composition.
- "Belladonna" is a musical album of Belladonna.
- released on (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for BellaDonna
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Healthy Horse the Natural Way (2006)
The Horse Owner's Guide to Using Herbs, Massage, Homeopathy, and Other Natural Therapies by Catherine Bird
Belladonna is the remedy for sudden, acutely painful inflamed joints and any sudden fever. Belladonna states often...
Practical Homoeopathic Therapeutics (2002)
Belladonna is the remedy most often indicated for the initiatory symptoms of abscess. The parts swell rapidly, become bright red, there is intense throbbing which is painful, pus develops speedily, the swelling increases and the redness ...
Handbook On Medicinal Herbs With Uses (2004)
by H. Panda
Action Belladonna is a powerful drug. It and its alkaloid atropine arc largely used in western medicine as a sedative, antispasmodic, anodyne and mydriatic in diseases of the eye. Preparations - Foreigners and Indian manufacturing firms ...
The Big Book of Buds (2001)
Marijuana Varieties from the World's Great Seed Breeders by Ed Rosenthal
ostly sativa with indica tendencies, Belladonna is an ideal cross for quality and yield. Paradise...
The Encyclopedia of Addictive Drugs (2002)
by Richard Lawrence Miller
The precise cosmetic usage is uncertain: One authority mentions a rouge; another authority says the substance whitened the skin; still another says that belladonna was simply a medicinal application to remove pimples and other skin ...
The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants (2005)
Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications by Christian Rätsch
Belladonna, Deadly Nightshade Family Solanaceae(Nightshade Family); Atropoideae (= Solanoideae), Atropeae (= Solaneae) Tribe Formsand Subspecies Two varietiesare distinguishedon the basisof the color oftheir flowers andripefruits ...
Encyclopaedia of Indian Medicines (3 Volume Set) (2011)
by Usha Srivastava
BELLADONNA. (ALROPA. BELLADONNA. LINN). It is European species, presently grown on a small scale in Kashmir. The plant is a small perennial herb which grows up to 1.5 m in height. It branched freely and produces a large tapering root ...
Encyclopedia of Cultivated Plants: From Acacia to Zinnia [3 Volumes] (2013)
by Christopher Cumo
Belladonna Atropa belladonna is commonly known as the cultivated medicinal belladonna or perennial deadly nightshade. Due to its highly toxic properties, it has also been historically referenced as Devil's Herb, Devil's Cherry, or Poison ...
Lexicon Pharmaceuticum, Or a Pharmaceutical Dictionary (1828)
Comprehending the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, and Dublin, with a Variety of Other Useful Information Relative to Medicine and Pharmacy, Designed Expressly for the Use of Students by Thomas Castle
BIS BELLADONNA. L. D. The Deadly Nightshade ; or Atropt Belladonna of the Edinburgh Pharmacopoeia, and of ! ji mi reus- is a perennial plant, of the class Pen- tandria, order Monogynia. Deadly Nightshade, for the most part grows wild ...
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (2012)
by Scott Cunningham
D Daffy-Down-Dilly: Daffodil Daphne: Bay Date Palm: Palm, Date Deadly Nightshade: Belladonna Deadmen's Bells: Foxglove Death Angel: Agaric Death Cap: Agaric Death Flower: Yarrow Death's Herb: Belladonna Delight of the Eye: Rowan ...
Lexicon Pharmaceuticum (1828)
Or a Pharmaceutical Dictionary, Comprehending the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, and Dublin, with a Variety of Other Useful Information Relative to Medicine and Pharmacy ... by Thomas Castle
BELLADONNA. L. D. The Deadly Nightshade; or Atropa Belladonna of the Edinburgh Pharmacopaeia, and of Linnaens, is a perennial plant, of the class Pen- tandria, order Monogynia. Deadly Nightshade, for the most part grows wiid, hoth in ...
Medical Lexicon (1839)
A New Dictionary of Medical Science, Containing a Concise Account of the Various Subjects and Terms; with a Vocabulary of Synonymes in Different Languages, and Formulæ for Various Officinal and Empirical Preparations, &c by Robley Dunglison
Furiosum, SOM 797 Atropa belladonna—s. Letliale, Atropa belladonna—s.
Nelson's Perpetual Loose-leaf Encyclopaedia (1909)
An International Work of Reference by John Huston Finley
Belladonna a name for the deadly nightshade or common dwale (A troPa belladonna), ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for BellaDonna
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about BellaDonna
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Key West Wedding Photography
- Belladonna at AVN show
Photo credit: @Sausagelinks
- Hill Jezebel (Delias belladonna)
Photo credit: John Pavelka
- Delphinium belladonna 'Bellamosum'
Photo credit: FarOutFlora
- Delphinium belladonna 'Cliveden Beauty'
Photo credit: FarOutFlora
- Belladonna At Night
Photo credit: Key West Wedding Photography
View more pictures about belladonna lily, Atropa belladonna, and Amaryllis Belladonna.
If you need images about BellaDonna for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a low price:
Video language resources about BellaDonna
Click on an item to play that video:
- Daniel Lanois - Belladonna (2005)
Beauty. 00:00 01. "Two Worlds" 02:03 02. "Sketches" 06:26 03. "Oaxaca" 09:16 04. "Agave" 11:14 05. "Telco" 14:49 06. "Desert Rose" 16:41 07. "Carla" 18:44 08...
- Inkubus Sukkubus- Belladonna Aconite
An amazing song by the pagan gothic band Inkubus Sukkubus!
See also the pronunciation examples of BellaDonna!
Scrabble value of B3E1L1L1A1D2O1N1N1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of BellaDonna to find many related words and phrases!