Definition of the adjective belly-up
What does belly-up mean as an attribute of a noun?
- financially ruined
- Belly-up a.k.a. Belly Up is a Venue, Building in Aspen.
- also known as Belly Up Aspen
- official website: www.bellyupaspen.com
- Belly-up a.k.a. Belly Up is a Venue in Solana Beach.
- also known as Belly Up - Live Music in San Diego
- "Belly-up" a.k.a. "Belly Up!" is a musical album of Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show.
- released in (41 years ago)
- "Belly-up" a.k.a. "Belly Up" is a musical album.
- artist: Maria Mena
- released in (6 years ago)
Belly-up a.k.a. Belly Up!: Eddie Russell is going to change the way America experiences pub food. He's on a pilgrimage to enlighten the cooks, barkeeps and grillers of the nation's watering holes that today's bar food can and should be both delicious and sophisticated. Answering the call from a desperate employee, Eddie swoops in, learns about the establishment's clientele, tastes what is served in the bar and comes up with new, innovative, enticing bar foods that won't break the budget, but will do just the opposite and bring in more dollars than the traditional — and, yes, boring — fare.
- begun on
- country: United States of America
- genres: Food, Reality television
- official website: www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/belly-up
Phrases with Belly-Up
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Belly-Up
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Abridged from the Seven-volume Work, Entitled: Slang and Its Analogues by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley
Belly-up. Enceinte. Belly- vengeance. Sour beer: M apt to cause gastralgia : W., pissin de cheval. Belongings. 1. Qualities, endowments, faculties. 2. Relations, one's kindred. 3. One's effects, possessions. 4. Trousers. Belswagger.su bs.(old). l.
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
belly tanker noun in drag racing, a car made out of salvaged aeroplane fuel tanks for lake bed racing US, 1992 bellyup verb to approach and stand against something, usually a bar US, 1907 belly-up adjective bankrupt, out of business ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Belly-Up
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Belly-Up
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Belly-Up
Go belly-up Meaning and Pronunciation
Go belly-up Meaning and Pronunciation. To die.. To fail or fold; especially, to close or shut down a business; to go out of business. How to pronounce, defin...
See also the pronunciation examples of Belly-Up!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Belly-Up to see it in context!