On this page:
- Definition of the noun belmont
- Phrases with Belmont
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Belmont
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Belmont
- Photos about Belmont
- Videos about Belmont
- Quotes about Belmont
- Scrabble value of B3E1L1M3O1N1T1
- Anagrams of BELMONT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun belmont
What does belmont mean as a name of something?
- a racetrack for thoroughbred racing in Elmont on Long Island; site of the Belmont Stakes
- Belmont is an affluent city in San Mateo County, California, United States. It is in the San Francisco Bay Area, located halfway down the San Francisco Peninsula between San Mateo and San Carlos. It was originally part of the Rancho de las Pulgas, for which one of its main roads, the Alameda de las Pulgas, is named. The town was incorporated in 1926. The population was 25,835 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is a town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. It is part of the Boston metropolitan area. Its population was 24,729 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is a small suburban city in Gaston County, North Carolina, United States, located about 15 miles west of uptown Charlotte and 9 miles east of Gastonia. The population was 10,076 at the 2010 census. Once known as Garibaldi Station, the name change for Belmont is disputed. Some say it was named for a prominent New York banker - August Belmont. Others contend the Pope ordered the abbot of the monastery to change the name since he would not tolerate an abbey in a place that bore the Garibaldi name. The abbot could see Crowder's mountain from the property and named the town Belmont - "beautiful mountain". Belmont is home to Belmont Abbey College.
- Belmont is a village in Belmont County, Ohio, United States. It is part of the Wheeling, West Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 453 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is a village within the town of Amity in Allegany County, New York, United States. Belmont is the county seat of Allegany County. The population was 969 at the 2010 census. The name means "beautiful hill". The village is centrally located in Amity and is northeast of Olean.
- Belmont is a town in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 7,356 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is a town in Tishomingo County, Mississippi, United States. The population was 1,961 at the 2000 census.
- Belmont is a village in Lafayette County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 986 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is a southern suburb of Geelong, Victoria, Australia. The name means "beautiful hill". Belmont is geographically separated from the Geelong central business district by the Barwon River. The suburb is primarily residential, with some light industry along Barwon Heads Road. The suburb is part of the City of Greater Geelong local government area. At the 2011 census, Belmont had a population of 13,616.
- also known as Belmont, Victoria
- part of Victoria
- Belmont is a suburb in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located 20 kilometres from Newcastle's central business district on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie and is part of the City of Lake Macquarie.
- also known as Belmont, New South Wales
- part of New South Wales
- Belmont is a city in Pleasants County, West Virginia, in the United States. It is part of the Parkersburg-Marietta-Vienna, WV-OH Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 903 at the 2010 census.
- Belmont is primarily a residential neighborhood geographically located in the western part of the Bronx of New York City. The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 6. Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise are: Fordham Road to the north, Bronx Park to the east, East 183rd Street to the south, and Third Avenue to the west. These boundaries give the neighborhood a crescent like shape. Arthur Avenue is the primary thoroughfare through Belmont. Zip codes include 10458. The area is patrolled by the New York City Police Department 48th Precinct located at 450 Cross-Bronx Expressway in East Tremont.
- Belmont is a census-designated place in Cambria County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,846 at the 2000 census.
- Belmont is a suburb of Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, and is located 7 kilometres east of Perth's central business district on the southern bank of the Swan River. Its local government area is the City of Belmont.
- Belmont is a town in Waldo County, Maine, United States. The population was 942 at the 2010 census. It was originally known as Green Plantation. The squatters who lived there would, when alerted to the impending arrival of law officers, dress as Indians and then ignore the officers.
- Belmont is a ghost town in Nye County, Nevada, United States along former State Route 82. The town is a historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is Nevada Historical Marker number 138.
- Belmont is an outer suburb of the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is 12 kilometres south-east of the Brisbane CBD.
- also known as Belmont, Queensland
- part of Queensland
- Belmont is a village in Lancashire, England. It is close to Darwen. It has around 500 inhabitants and lies within the civil parish of North Turton in the unitary authority area of Blackburn with Darwen.
- also known as Belmont, Lancashire
- part of United Kingdom
- Belmont is an unincorporated community in Washington Township, Brown County, Indiana.
- Belmont is a commune in the Doubs department in the Franche-Comté region in eastern France.
- Belmont is a census-designated place on Goose Creek in Loudoun County, Virginia. The population as of the 2010 United States Census was 5,966. Belmont is situated along Belmont Ridge Road between State Route 7 and the State Route 267. Two major subdivisions make up Belmont; Belmont Country Club being the bigger and Belmont Greene being the smaller of the two.
- Belmont is a neighborhood in east Dallas, Texas. The neighborhood mainly consists of a collection of houses constructed in the 1910s and 1920s, in the Lower Greenville area. The houses are mainly Craftsman-style bungalows, and occasionally Tudor or Prairie style homes.
- Belmont is a station on the Chicago Transit Authority's 'L' system, serving the Blue Line. The station is located at Belmont and Kimball Avenues in the Avondale neighborhood. From Belmont, trains run at intervals of 2–7 minutes during rush hours, and take 16 minutes to reach the Loop.
- Belmont is an unincorporated community in Whitman County, Washington, United States. Because it is not tracked by the U.S. Census, a Census population estimate is not available. First settled in 1886, there are only about seven houses in Belmont, which is assigned the ZIP code 99104.
- Belmont Station is a Caltrain station in Belmont, California that replaced the Southern Pacific Railroad station nearby.
- Belmont, also known as the Ficklin Mansion, is a historic home located at Charlottesville, Virginia. It was built about 1820 for John Winn by Jefferson brick mason John Jordan. Originally it had a center pavilion with lower symmetrical side wings but a second story was added to the wings by John Winn's son Benjamin Bannister Winn about 1840. It is a brick dwelling showing both Greek Revival and Federal details as it was built during the transition between the two styles. It features pedimented portico supported by four square paneled columns resting on a raised brick base.
- Belmont a.k.a. Belmont Mansion, also known as Acklen Hall, and originally known as Belle Monte, Belle Mont or Belmont, is a historic mansion located in Nashville, Tennessee on the campus of Belmont University that today functions as a museum.
- read more about Belmont Mansion
- Belmont Manor House, formally known as Belmont Plantation, is a two-story, five-part Federal mansion in Loudoun County, Virginia, built between the years of 1799-1802 by Ludwell Lee, son of Richard Henry Lee. The land surrounding the mansion, the Belmont property, was handed down to his first wife, Flora Lee, from their grandfather, Thomas Lee.
- Belmont Station is one of three railroad stations on Chicago Metra's BNSF Railway Line in Downers Grove, Illinois. The station is on Belmont Avenue 22.9 miles from Union Station, the east end of the line.
- Belmont is a town in Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 623 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated communities of Blaine and Dopp are located within the town. The unincorporated community of Heffron is located partially in the town.
- Belmont is a formerly separate village in County Durham, England that is now incorporated into, and a suburb of, Durham City. It was initially a coal mining village and is situated to the north-east of the city centre, just east of the A1 motorway. The village forms the nucleus of the Belmont parish.
- Belmont a.k.a. Belmont, Vermont: Belmont is an unincorporated community in the town of Mount Holly in Rutland County, Vermont, United States. Belmont is about six miles west of the village of Ludlow.
- read more about Belmont, Vermont
- Belmont is a town in Lafayette County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 676 at the 2000 census. The Village of Belmont is located within the town. The unincorporated community of Leslie is also located in the town.
- Belmont is a civil parish in County Durham, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 8,939.
- Belmont a.k.a. Belmont, Texas: Belmont is an unincorporated community in Gonzales County, Texas, United States located on Alternate US 90 10 miles west of Gonzales, Texas. Although it is unincorporated, Belmont has a post office, with the ZIP code of 78604.
- read more about Belmont, Texas
- Belmont is a neighborhood of Metro Detroit, Detroit.
- Belmont is a historic home located at Bensalem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1850, and is an "L"-shaped, 2 3/4-story, stuccoed stone dwelling in the Greek Revival style. It has a hipped roof and features a one-story, wraparound verandah. The home was built for mill owner Paul Townsend on a farm property in 1850 and owned until his death in 1890. The home is across the street from Neshaminy Mall on Bristol Road.
- Belmont a.k.a. Belmont, Nebraska: Belmont is a semi-ghost town in Dawes County, Nebraska, about 11 miles southeast of Crawford. Originally known as Evergreen City, the settlement was existent by summer 1889, thanks to the construction of the Belmont Tunnel. However, when the town site was surveyed in 1890, only five blocks were sold. Belmont reached its population peak of around eighty residents in the late 1920s. The trend of decline population started with the Great Depression and accelerated with changes in transportation. Improved vehicles meant that shopping and selling of farm products could be done in larger towns nearby, and the Burlington Railroad ceased passenger service in 1969.
- read more about Belmont, Nebraska
- Belmont is an unincorporated community on Goose Creek in Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Belmont is a historic plantation home located near Capron, Southampton County, Virginia. It was built about 1790, and is a 1 1/2-story, frame dwelling sheathed in weatherboard. It has a side gable roof with dormers and sits on a brick foundation. It has a single pile, central-hall plan and features a Chinese lattice railing on the second story. Also on the property are a contributing smokehouse and office. At Belmont, on the morning of August 23, 1831, Nat Turner's slave rebellion was effectively suppressed.
- Belmont is a Building in Alabama, Colbert County.
- also known as Henry B. Thornton Plantation House, Isaac Winston House
- Belmont a.k.a. The Gari Melchers Home, also known as Belmont, was the home and studio of American artist Gari Melchers in Falmouth, Virginia. It is now a historic house museum administered by the University of Mary Washington.
- read more about Gari Melchers Home
There are other places with in their name, like Belmont Park, Belmont Shore, Belmont Cragin, Belmont Heights, Belmont Township, Belmont-Luthézieu, Belmont-sur-Rance, Belmont High School, Belmont-sur-Yverdon, Belmont-sur-Lausanne, Ward-Belmont College, Ward–Belmont College, Belmont Secondary School, Belmont House and Gardens.
Belmont is a publisher.
- Belmont is a fictional character from the 2005 film The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.
- Belmont is a fictional character from the 2001 film Vidocq.
- Belmont is a fictional character from the 2011 film Screwed.
- Belmont is a fictional character from the 2009 film A Prophet.
"Belmont" is a musical album of Annie Keating.
- released in (8 years ago)
The Belmont was an electric car manufactured in Wyandotte, Michigan, by the Belmont Electric Auto Company in 1916. They produced four- and six-seater electrical limousines, along with other commercial electric vehicles.
Phrases with Belmont
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Belmont
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Spacing Law and Politics (2016)
The Constitution and Representation of the Juridical by Leif Dahlberg
law, Belmont is the realm of love, romance and patriarchal law. Venice is furthermore characterised...
Venice is a place of heterogeneity and conflict, whereas Belmont is a place of homogeneity, harmony and music. Venice represents modern ...
by National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Board on Health Care Services, Committee on Diagnostic Error in Health Care
Belmont is a member of the Board on Health Care Services of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
Belmont is the recipient of numerous honors, including being named by Modern Healthcare as 1 of the 2007 Top 25 ...
by Arthur F. Kinney
Belmont is a hazy evocation of the world of the landed aristocracy, a world where property confers and conflates political...
Courts, Patrons and Poets (2000)
by David Mateer
As a court Belmont is a locus of inherited wealth, while Venice is a market in which such wealth can be lost,
As we've seen, Venice is a cosmopolitan environment with a thriving Jewish community, whereas Belmont is an exclusive ...
The Merchant of Venice (2009)
by Sara Schupack
peaceful Belmont is the placid site of old money and values. Venice is a man's world. Even when Portia and Nerissa visit, they are disguised as men; the objects found there are moneybags and Shylock's knife, while Belmont is a woman's ...
The Survey (1915)
AUGUST BELMONT is a firm believer in unions, but conditions of traflic in New York are such that it wouldn't do to “run the risk of union domination.” The Interborough Rapid Transit Company is under contract to run trains twenty-four hours a ...
Constitutional Design, Conflict Management, and Democracy by Andrew Reynolds
Katharine Belmont is a Ph.D. candidate in the ...
by Shawn Hall
Three BELMONT Belmont is the queen of Nye County ghost.
Key Terms and Major Court Cases by Dean J. Champion
Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company. Roth, Mitchel P. 2004. Crime and Punishment: A History of the Criminal Justice System. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company. Samaha, Joel. 2003. Criminal Justice ...
by Mary Bosworth
Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. Clear, T. R., & Cole, G. F. (2000). American corrections (5th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. Clear, T. R., & Cole, G. F. (2003a). American corrections (6th ed). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thomson. Clear, T. R., & Cole ...
by Grace C. Keroher
Belmont facies1 (of Locust Point Formation) Lower Mississippian : Southern Indiana.
by Richard Zuczek
Belmont, August (1813–1890) An influential New York investment banker and well-connected power broker, August Belmont was an important figure in the Democratic Party during the Civil War and Reconstruction ...
by Richard Zuczek
Belmont, August (1813-1890) An influential New York investment banker and well-connected power broker, August Belmont was an important figure in the Democratic Party during the Civil War and Reconstruction ...
by Charles R. Geisst
Belmont, August (1813–1890) financier, politician, arts patron, and sportsman Belmont was born to Jewish parents in Germany and immigrated to the United States at the age of 23. Rising from the position of office boy to confidential clerk for ...
Containing a Description of the Several Counties, Towns, Villages, Settlements, Roads, Rivers, Springs, Mines, & C. in the State of Ohio ; Alphabetically Arranged by John Kilbourn
fferson Belmont o Mooroe Washington Athens Muskingumi Fairfield Pickaway Ross Pike Jackson Galila Lawrence Scioto Adams Clermont Highland Fayette Medison ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Belmont
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Belmont
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Kevin Cortopassi
Photo credit: Kevin Cortopassi
Photo credit: -Tripp-
Photo credit: Kevin Cortopassi
Photo credit: Kevin Cortopassi
Photo credit: pstenzel71
At the Belmont stop of the Red Line in the heart of what used to be Boystown
Photo credit: Michael_Lehet
Photo credit: Joe Shlabotnik
Not a very busy day.
Photo credit: Joe Shlabotnik
Photo credit: Joe Shlabotnik
- Holden Belmont stationwagon
Photo credit: FotoSleuth
- Llandudno - Belmont Hotel
Photo credit: @markheybo
- Belmont Lane
Photo credit: satguru
- Belmont Rise
Photo credit: satguru
- Belmont in Fog
Photo credit: danxoneil
- Belmont tunnel substation roof
Photo credit: skunks
- Belmont Abbey
Photo credit: cantanima
View more pictures about Belmont Park.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Belmont
Click on an item to play that video:
- The TRUE meaning behind Schenectady Belmont Pop Warner!
Here, Carmen DePaulo explains the meaning of "One Team, One Family".
- Belmont Secondary students writing songs with meaning! - Shaw TV Victoria
Shaw TV's James Green talks to Lara and Sarah about their original songs, "Better Than This" & "Miracle Today".
- Belmont ESL Class | Next Door Neighbors | NPT
Each year, students of the Belmont Methodist ESL program in Nashville write stories for their annual essay competition. In partnership with Nashville Public ...
- Verb Tense Q 2 Tricky The Belmont Stakes
- Anthony Noun skate run at Belmont piers parking lot
View more videos about Belmont Hill School.
See also the pronunciation examples of Belmont!
Quotes about Belmont
Scrabble value of B3E1L1M3O1N1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BELMONT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Belmont!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Belmont to see it in context!