On this page:
Who is Bes?
BES is a musician, musical artist.
- born on (32 years ago)
- read more about BES (musical artist)
Bes is a zoo animal.
Bes is a fictional character appearing in the Marvel Comics universe, based loosely on the Bes of Egyptian mythology. Bes usually operates as a dwarf but has a taller, handsomer form. He is married to Taweret, goddess of childbirth.
"Bes" is a musical EP of Ramchat.
Bes a.k.a. Brest Bretagne Airport, formerly known as Brest Guipavas Airport, is an international airport serving Brest, France. It is located in the commune of Guipavas and 10.2 km northeast of Brest, within the département of Finistère.
- Bes is an Ancient Egyptian deity worshipped as a protector of households, and in particular, of mothers and children and childbirth. Bes later came to be regarded as the defender of everything good and the enemy of all that is bad. While past studies identified Bes as a Middle Kingdom import from Nubia, more recent research indicates that he was present in Egypt since the start of Old Kingdom. Mentions of Bes can be traced to pre-dynastic Nile Valley cultures; however his cult did not become widespread until the beginning of the New Kingdom.
- also known as 贝斯
- The bes was an Ancient Roman bronze coin produced during the Roman Republic. Valued at two-thirds of an as, it was only produced in 126 BC by C. Cassius in combination with the dodrans, another very rare denomination which was valued at three-fourths of an as.
- Bes a.k.a. Besme Language: Besme is an Adamawa language of Chad.
- also known as Beseme, 'Unar, Huner, Bodor, Besemme, Hounar
- BES a.k.a. Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences Program: Basic Energy Sciences supports fundamental research to understand, predict, and ultimately control matter and energy at the electronic, atomic, and molecular levels in order to provide the foundations for new energy technologies and to support DOE missions in energy, environment, and national security. The BES program also plans, constructs, and operates major scientific user facilities to serve researchers from universities, national laboratories, and private institutions.
- read more about Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences Program
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald H. Saklofske, Moshe Zeidner
A BES is an integrated internal representation of a particular kind of behavior episode experience or, more commonly, a set of similar behavior episode experiences...
by John W. Lloyd
Similarly, beS is a lower bound of X if bsx, for all xeX. Definition Let S be a set with a partial order <. Then aeS is the least upper bound of a subset X of S if a is an upper bound of X and, for all upper bounds a' of X, we have asa'. Similarly, beS ...
BlackBerry Bold Made Simple (2011)
For the BlackBerry Bold 9700 Series by Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold
BlackBerry Enterprise Server A BES is a server that typically sits behind your organization's firewall and securely connects your BlackBerry to corporate email and data, as well as wirelessly synchronizes (shares) contacts, calendar, tasks, and ...
Sacred Paths for Modern Men (2007)
A Wake Up Call from Your 12 Archetypes by Dagonet Dewr
An equally important truth about Bes is that Tricksters are often defenders in disguise. The most popular Trickster archetype in the twentieth century is probably ...
Mystic Gold (2011)
by Aru Richardson
Bes is a guardian God a dwarf-god, grotesque in appearance, and benign in nature. Bes chased away demons of the night and guarded men from dangerous animals. Horus the Egyptian God of the sun represented as having the head of a ...
by Alfred Wiedemann
Here Bes is a seated divinity with the name Ahti. In like connexion the figure of Bes appears in all the “Birth Houses” of Egyptian temples. The “Birth House ” of a temple was supposed to have been the birthplace of the god of the temple, and ...
Written for the Storm 9500 and 9530, and the Storm2 9520, 9530, and 9550 by Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold
A BES is a server that typically sits behind your organization's firewall and securely connects your BlackBerry to corporate email and data, as well as wirelessly synchronizes (shares) contacts, calendar, tasks, and memo items between your ...
by Charles Russell Coulter, Patricia Turner
Bes (Egypt, Phoenicia,Sudan, and Nubia;possibly of Semitic origin) Also known as:Aha (fighter), Bas, BesamBisu. Bes isthe godof marriage, god ofmusic, ...
For the Use of Missionaries, and Other Persons Living Among the Above Mentioned Indians by Frederic Baraga
bes..sid. Bisinddisiwin, s. frivolous and imprudent behavior, foolish conduct, frivolousness, foolishness. Bisinddj, in compositions, alludes to frivolousness, lvolishness, imprudence. Bisinadj-gigifr,win, or, bisinadj-gy- wewin, s. frivolous, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bes
Click on an item to view that photo:
The dwarf-like Egyptian god of good luck.
Photo credit: edenpictures
Photo credit: David Haskiya
Photo credit: kudumomo
- Kraai met bes
Een kraai zoeft plotseling langs met een bes als trofee meedragend.
Photo credit: Nederland in foto's
- Bes - By Zin LA Gold Rush Production
Photo credit: anarchosyn
- Leg of a bier in the form of Bes
Figures of the Egyptian god Bes on the legs of a funeral bier.
Wood. Late time, Egypt. 712-332 BC
Rijksmuseum voor Oudheden, Leiden
Photo credit: inyucho
- The good god Bes
The Egyptian protector of children
Photo credit: Jon McL
- Chiesetta, Bes (BL) Italy
Photo credit: sun sand & sea
- Elements. Sophoco & Bes
Photo credit: SOPHOCO
- Bes (Met)
Stela of the God Bes, Ptolemaic or Roman Period Egypt, painted limestone, 4th century B.C.-A.D. 1st century, Metropolitan Museum of Art, 22.2.23. Photo by Lucas Livingston, 14 April 2013.
Photo credit: ancientartpodcast.org
- Bes from Amanthus
Photo credit: Bochum1805
Videos about Bes
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Bes!
Quotes about Bes
Scrabble value of B3E1S1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Bes!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bes to see it in context!