Beta appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Deific lace did no patenting; I sedate buoys a lot; I pace now as I saw one capitol: as you beta-design it, net a pond I decalcified.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun beta
- Definition of the adjective beta
- Definition of the verb beta
- Phrases with Beta
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beta
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beta
- Photos about Beta
- Videos about Beta
- Quotes about Beta
- Scrabble value of B3E1T1A1
- Anagrams of BETA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun beta
What does beta mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- beta: betas
- Beta: Betas
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: alphabetic character / letter / letter of the alphabet = the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- member of: Greek alphabet = the alphabet used by ancient Greeks
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Beta: genus Beta
- more generic terms: caryophylloid dicot genus = genus of relatively early dicotyledonous plants including mostly flowers; Chenopodiaceae / family Chenopodiaceae / goosefoot family = includes spinach and beets
- member: Beta vulgaris / common beet / beet = biennial Eurasian plant usually having a swollen edible root
Alternative definition of the noun beta
- The name of the second letter of the Greek alphabet ('Β', 'β'), preceded by alpha ('Α', 'α') and followed by gamma, ('Γ', 'γ'). In modern Greek it represents the voiced labiodental fricative sound of 'v' found in the English words have and vase.
- Used in marking scheme: α, β, γ or α+, α, α-, β etc.
- [finance] Average sensitivity of a security's price to overall securities market prices.
- [computing] The phase of development after alpha testing and before launch, in which software, while not complete, has been released to potential users for testing.
- [computing] A computer program in such phase; a preliminary version.
- [climbing] Information about a route which may aid someone in climbing it.
- [physics] A beta particle or beta ray.
- A beta fish, of the genus Betta.
- A beta male.
Definition of the adjective beta
What does beta mean as an attribute of a noun?
- second in order of importance
- preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product
Alternative definition of the adjective beta
- Identifying a molecular position in an organic chemical compound.
- Designates the second in an order of precedence.
- [computing] Preliminary; prerelease. Refers to an incomplete version of a product released for initial testing.
Definition of the verb beta
What does beta mean as a doing word?
- [computing] To preliminarily release computer software for initial testing prior to final release.
- [chiefly Internet] To proofread a text, especially fan fiction.
- Beta is an Italian motorcycle manufacturer, specialising in off-road motorcycles. Beta are best known for their popular trials bikes. In 2005, they launched a range of enduro motorcycles using KTM engines. In the 2010 they will launch the new RR series, with a new engine made in-house. Beta motorcycles have been used by world trials champions such as Jordi Tarrés, Dougie Lampkin and Albert Cabestany.
- also known as Hãng Beta, Betamotor, Betamotor S.p.A, Betamotor SpA, Beta Motor
- Beta is a record label.
- Beta a.k.a. Elizabeta Vidovic is an actress.
- read more about Elizabeta Vidovic (actress)
- Beta a.k.a. Elísabet Ronaldsdóttir is a film editor.
- read more about Elísabet Ronaldsdóttir
- Beta is a fictional character from the 1985 film Milosc z listy przebojów.
- Beta is a fictional character from Shirdi Ke Sai Baba.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 2009 film Up.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 2008 film Asterix at the Olympic Games.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 1938 film Friends.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 2009 film Ang Darling Kong Aswang.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 1994 film Lisbon Story.
- Beta is a fictional character from the 2007 film Sex and Death 101.
- Beta is a fictional film character.
"Beta" is a 1992 Hindi-version remake film directed by Indra Kumar that featured in the lead roles the pairing of Madhuri Dixit and Anil Kapoor. Sridevi was first offered, and refused, the lead role because she had already made many films with Anil Kapoor. The original story was used in earlier films: the Kannada Mallammana Pavada with Rajkumar and B. Saroja Devi in the lead roles; the Tamil Cinema Enga Chinna Rasa;the Telugu cinema Abbaigaru; and as the Kannada language Annayya with Ravichandran and Madhubala in the lead roles. The 1992 film is best remembered for the hit track, "Dhak Dhak Karne Laga", a remake of maestro Ilaiyaraaja's composition "Abba Nee Teeyani Debba" originally made for the Telugu cinema, Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Indra Kumar & Ashok Thakeria
- art direction by Bijon Das Gupta
- written by Gyandev Agnihotri, Kamlesh Pandey, Praful Parekh & Rajeev Kaul
- based on a story by K. Bhagyaraj & Naushir Khatau
- Aruna Irani as Laxmi Devi
- Anupam Kher as Totaram
- Laxmikant Berde as Pandu Dhondu Bhikaji Rao
- Madhuri Dixit as Saraswati
- Anil Kapoor as Raju
- Akash Khurana as Prem
- Adi Irani as Ramesh
- Reeta Bhaduri as Neeta
- Satyendra Kapoor as Shyamlal
- Bharati Achrekar as Mynavati
- Kunika as Kunika
- Priya Arun
- Brij Gopal as Bhairon Singh Rana
- Master Bunty as Young Raju
- Yunus Parvez
- cinematography by Baba Azmi
- edited by Hussain A. Burmawala
- music by Vanraj Bhatia, Anand Chitragupth, Milind Chitragupth
- genres: Musical, Romantic comedy, Musical comedy, Comedy, Romance Film, Family, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama, Musical Drama
- released on (23 years ago)
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Maruti International) nomination for Indra Kumar & Ashok Thakeria
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Indra Kumar
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director nomination for Anand-Milind
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role nomination for Laxmikant Berde
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Anil Kapoor
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination for Madhuri Dixit
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Aruna Irani
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress, received by Madhuri Dixit
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor, received by Anil Kapoor
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress, received by Aruna Irani
- Filmfare Award for Best Choreography (Dhak Dhak Karne Laga), received by Saroj Khan
- "Beta" is a musical album of Anand-Milind.
- released on (23 years ago)
- "Beta" is a musical album of Leonel Castillo.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Beta" is a musical single of Hardwell & Nicky Romero.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "beta" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by 日向そら
- "Beta" is a musical single of W & W.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Beta" is a musical EP of Gladkill.
- released on
- "Beta" is a musical album of The Static.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Beta" is a musical EP of Tigress Lily.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Beta" a.k.a. ">Bêta" is a musical EP of Dysfunctional by Choice.
- "Beta" is a composition.
- music by Jørgen Plaetner
Beta a.k.a. Beta, North Carolina: Beta is an unincorporated community in Jackson County, North Carolina, United States. Beta is located along US 74, West of Addie and East of Sylva. When Jackson County was formed in 1851, the home of Dan Bryson located in Beta, served as the first courthouse.
- read more about Beta, North Carolina
- Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. In Ancient Greek, beta represented the voiced bilabial plosive. In Modern Greek, it represents the voiced labiodental fricative.
- Beta: In finance, the beta of an investment is a measure of the risk arising from exposure to general market movements as opposed to idiosyncratic factors. The market portfolio of all investable assets has a beta of exactly 1. A beta below 1 can indicate either an investment with lower volatility than the market, or a volatile investment whose price movements are not highly correlated with the market. An example of the first is a treasury bill: the price does not go up or down a lot, so it has a low beta. An example of the second is gold. The price of gold does go up and down a lot, but not in the same direction or at the same time as the market.
- also known as Beta coefficient
- BETA is a pure object-oriented language originating within the "Scandinavian School" in object-orientation where the first object-oriented language Simula was developed. Among its notable features, it introduced nested classes, and unified classes with procedures into so called patterns.
- official website: www.daimi.au.dk/~beta
- The beta of a plasma, symbolized by β, is the ratio of the plasma pressure to the magnetic pressure. The term is commonly used in studies of the Sun and Earth's magnetic field, and in the field of fusion power designs.
- Beta is a website status.
- Beta is the name of two fictional characters in the various Transformers universes.
- Beta is a time signal service in the VLF range in Russia, operated by the Russian Navy. There are 6 transmitter stations, which take turns transmitting time signals and other communications.
- Beta is climbing jargon that designates information about a climb. In rock climbing this may include information about a climb's difficulty, crux, style, length, quality of rock, ease to protect, required equipment, and specific information about hand or foot holds. For alpine climbs, beta may include information about the length and difficulty of the approach, availability of water on the climb and the approach, ease of exiting the route before completing it, descent information, perhaps even useful logistic information for climbs in foreign countries.
- betA is a gene.
- Beta: Limited Edition Beta or just Beta for short was the second part, after revisions, of the first print run of the first Magic: The Gathering set. It was released only a few months after Limited Edition Alpha's publication to correct some minor problems in the rules and to make up for the fact that the first run had completely sold out. Clarifications were made to the rulebook, and Richard Garfield's short fiction "Worzel's Tale" was removed to make room. Like Alpha it had no expansion symbol, and the text on the bottom left consisted of only the artist credit. Although many players speak of them as different sets, officially they are the same set.
- also known as Limited Edition Beta
- Beta: β in special relativity is the speed of an object relative to the speed of light: β = v/c.
- Beta is a school, educational institution.
Phrases with Beta
Phrases starting with the word Beta:
- beta ray
- beta cell
- beta iron
- Beta nana
- beta test
- beta wave
- Beta cicla
- beta decay
- Beta Doris
- Beta Error
- Beta Lyrae
- Beta Anoles
- beta crucis
- Beta patula
- Beta reader
Phrases ending with the word Beta:
View more phrases with the word Beta in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Nontechnical Guide for the Social Sciences by W. Paul Vogt
Beta Error indicates the difference in a *dependent variable associated with an increase (or decrease) of one standard deviation in an *independent variable — when *controlling for the effects of other independent variables. Also called ...
Auditor's Dictionary (2004)
Terms, Concepts, Processes, and Regulations by David O'Regan
beta 1. A measure of the degree ...
Black’s Medical Dictionary (2017)
by Harvey Marcovitch
Beta-Adrenoceptor-Blocking. Drugs. (Beta. Blockers). These prescription-only medicines interrupt the transmission of impulses (messages) across nerve cells ( neurons). In the HEART these are called beta1 (cardioselective) receptors. Another ...
Encyclopedia of Toxicology (2005)
by Bruce Anderson, Ann de Peyster, Shayne C. Gad, P.J. Bert Hakkinen, Michael Kamrin, Betty Locey, Harihara M. Mehendale, Carey Pope, Lee Shugart
Beta Blockers Michael Wahl Illinois Poison Center. Chicago, IL. USA ' REPRESENTATIVE CHEMIcALsI Acebutolol; Atenolol; Betaxolol; Bisoprolol; Carteolol; Esmolol; Labetalol: Metoprolol; Nadolol; Penbutolol; Pindolol; Propranolol; Sotalol; ...
Urban Dictionary (2009)
Fularious Street Slang Defined by urbandictionary.com, Aaron Peckham
beta. Greek for “still doesn't work.” Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released. We're releasing version 0.8, our latest beta. diC.
by Glenn S. Rothfeld, Deborah S. Romaine
beta antagonist (blocker) medications BPH and Prostate Cancer There is no known correlation between BPH and prostate cancer. BPH does not develop into prostate cancer, although it certainly is possible for a man who has BPH to ...
by Carol Turkington, Deborah R. Mitchell
beta amyloid beta amyloid (beta-amyloid) A specific type of small protein found normally in humans and animals, but that also appears in dense deposits called plaques in the brain of a patient with Alzheimer's disease. Proteins are vital ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Beta
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jaras76
Photo credit: Keng Susumpow
Best viewed large
Photo credit: erokism
Photo credit: erokism
Photo credit: erokism
Photo credit: ermogene_s
Photo credit: tellumo
- Beta Pictoris - Comparison
This is the most detailed picture to date of a large, edge-on, gas-and-dust disc encircling the 20 million year old star Beta Pictoris. It is compared with a previous image of the disc.
Photo credit: Hubble Space Telescope / ESA
- Artist's impression of Beta Pictoris
This artist's concept illustrates the preferred model for explaining ALMA observations of Beta Pictoris. The new observations from ALMA now show that the disc around the star is permeated by carbon monoxide gas. The presence of carbon monoxide could indicate that the Beta Pictoris planetary system may eventually become a good habitat for life. At the outer fringes of the system, the gravitational influence of a hypothetical giant planet (bottom left) captures comets into a dense, massive swarm (right) where frequent collisions occur.
Photo credit: European Southern Observatory
- Alpha, Beta
Photo credit: Ross Griff
- Beta Mansion
Photo credit: davem_330
- Phi Beta Kappa
Dr. Jack Steehler congratulates Travis Andrews '12 as Phi Beta Kappa inducted new members in May.
Photo credit: roanokecollege
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Beta
Click on an item to play that video:
- Lords of War Grommash - Details & Explanation (Warlords of Draenor Beta)
Some more details and explanation to go with the second part of Lords of War - Grommash. Be warned, Warlords of Draenor spoilers. Link to the original video ...
- Beta Meaning
Video shows what beta means. Identifying a molecular position in an organic chemical compound.. Designates the second in an order of precedence.
- Ultimate Horde Garrison Explanation - ALL BUILDINGS [Warlords of Draenor Beta]
Here is an explanation video on all of the buildings that are here, click the times below for certain buildings: - Large - 1.Barracks - 1:56 2.Goblin Workshop - 5:25 ...
- Ante Dark Worlds Deck Profile (Beta meaning it in testing phase)
- Channel Update: Explanation of Twitch GW2 beta content
- Dialect Challenge || BeTa Lollipop
Nominiamo: Betty Giacobbe...
- [Mod] [Beta] Boson K - Meaning of life (42)
- Mama calls Mlolo "beta" - meaning son
- Edgecam Workflow Beta 4 - Fixtures definition
A complete video showing how to create fixtures using solid models and how to select them in Edgecam Workflow.
- APSU Phi Beta Sigma Probate 2011 (Filmed by HD: Holla Definition)
Filmed by: HD: Holla Definition Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. Probate 2011 at Austin Peay State University.
- TaaS Beta Intro: Terminology as a Service
- Beta Meaning
Video shows what Beta means. Betamax.. A scientific caste of people in the novel Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.. Beta Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Jordan Rubin's explanation of the Dangerous Milk Protein - Beta Casein A1
- Best Free Priest Deck Tech | Card Explanation | Tarmack Hearthstone Beta
This deck is a basic deck meaning that all of the cards can be found by just leveling the Priest to 10. You don't have to spend any money to build this deck.
- [Cataclysm Beta] Blizzard's New Definition of Mounted Combat
Bug abusing with a little twist~ Takashii & Skynz Live Server BTW, =)
- TLOZ OoT Beta World Explanation
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from the Bourne Series - Liaison, Beta
- UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE - BETA
Are you interested in the most advanced spiritual knowledge available? Enroll in the Innerversity today and expand!
- John B vs. Exile "Broken Language" (John B Mix) (Beta Recordings)
BUY IT NOW: Buy CD here...
- Project Spark (BETA) Description Bug
- Language Forge Beta Preview - Online Dictionary Software
- Parabolic BETA jersey description.
See also the pronunciation examples of Beta!
Quotes about Beta
We set up a beta site, a test site, with movie, music and book reviews. If you're reading them and you want to buy a book or a ticket for a movie that's reviewed on the site, you can do that without leaving our site. (Jay Chiat)
more quotes about beta...
Scrabble value of B3E1T1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BETA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Beta!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Beta to see it in context!