On this page:
- Bete a.k.a. Beryllium telluride is a chemical compound of beryllium and tellurium. It is a crystalline solid with the lattice constant of 0.5615 nm. It is a semiconductor with a large energy gap of around 3 eV. Toxicity is unknown. Toxic hydrogen telluride gas is evolved on exposure to water.
- Bete a.k.a. Biete Language: Biate is a Kukish language of India. The speakers of the language are also known as Biate. They are mainly concentrated in the districts of Dima Hasao in Assam and Jaintia Hills in Meghalaya. A few speakers are also found in the state of Manipur,Mizoram and Tripura. According to the 2001 census of India there were 20,000 speakers of the language in the Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya.
- read more about Biete Language
- Bete a.k.a. Bata Language: Bata is an Afro-Asiatic language spoken in Nigeria in Adamawa State in the Numan, Song, Fufore, and Mubi LGAs, and in Cameroon in North Province along the border with Nigeria. Dialects are Demsa, Garoua, Jirai, Kobotachi, Malabu, Ndeewe, Ribaw, Wadi, and Zumu. It is often considered the same language as Bacama.
- read more about Bata Language
- Bete a.k.a. The bété is a small citrus fruit grown in southern Nigeria. It is closely related to the lime.
- The Bete were the traditional priestly class in Fiji. The kalou-vu were believed to speak through the Bete.
Phrases with Bete
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bete
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Cresson Trautwine
The Bete is an insignificant stream. When we passed it, its mouth was 150 feet wide, but the soundings indicated that in very low stages it must be reduced to a mere run, or gutter, nearly dry; and this was sustained by the Patron and bogas, ...
The Gentleman's Magazine, and Historical Chronicle, from July to December,1830. Volume C. (Being the Twenty-Third of New Series.) Part the Second. (1830)
by Sylvanus Urban
or compositor was an Athenian j for again, Atlice, bete is an error of ncra-tp for co-rtp. We do not proceed regularly through the play; but an error in the Vespse calls our attention. 678, col is put for cxi ' and 718, the first arm of the parenthesis ...
Bete is a fine-looking old woman ...
A Zola dictionary (1973)
by J. G. Patterson
La Bete Hu- maine.
Dictionary of Languages (1998)
The Definitive Reference to More Than 400 Languages by Andrew Dalby
Bete has borrowed heavily from French, the ruling language of Ivory Coast, in which many speakers are now bilingual. It has also borrowed from English, long a major language of the coastal trade: bogu 'book'; copu 'glass' from English cup.
A Work of Reference for the Architect, Builder, Sculptor, Decorative Artist, and General Student. With Numerous Illustrations from All Styles of Architecture, from the Egyptian to the Renaissance by William Audsley
L'autre, suppot du dragon, est la bete de terre. Elle porte deux comes semblables a celles de l'agneau. Elle parle comme le dragon ; elle fait adorer la bete de mer. C'est evidemment un demon inferieur (ch. xiii. y. 1, 2, etc.). Toute bete a sept ...
Hiamnda Dictionary (2015)
A Wordlist by Daniel M. N. McDikkoh
Ber siser Ber siszo Bes Bes Bes'nyieng Bes'nyie Besz Bête Bete ba na shu ti'ta' ano Bgaa Bgaa Bgaaing Bgaam Bgab bo kpi bi di yele Bgab bo kpirbi Bgab khie Bgab mo net Bgabyi ki di yeṟle Bgak Bgak Bgak garl Ba nga Bgang nyie Ber'ser ...
Abridged ... Containing a Table of the Simple and Dipthongal Vowels Referred to by the Figures Over the Letters in this Dictionary by John Walker, Thomas Smith
tlic common garden beau, the Bruting, bete'Ing 5. correction liy blows horse bean Beatitude, be-at'e- tide j.
A Middle-English Dictionary (1891)
Containing Words Used by English Writers from the Twelfth to the Fifteenth Century by Francis Henry Stratmann, Henry Bradley
С 667 ; go bete s. s. (Wr.) 1005. bet, adv., O.E. bet, = O.Fris. bet, O.N. betr, O.L.G. bet, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bete
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Bete
Photo credit: Erik
Video about Bete
Words of Life Bete, Guiberoua People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life Bete, Guiberoua People/Language Movie Trailer c35230 [c35230t] Other names for this language are: Bete: Guberoua; Bete, Guiberoua: ...
View more videos about Phi Bete.
Scrabble value of B3E1T1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BETE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bete!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bete to see it in context!