On this page:
- Definition of the noun bine
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bine
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bine
- Photos about Bine
- Video language resources about Bine
- Quotes about Bine
- Scrabble value of B3I1N1E1
- Anagrams of BINE
- Share this page
Bine is sometimes a misspelling of been.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bine
What does bine mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bines
- European twining plant whose flowers are used chiefly to flavor malt liquors; cultivated in America
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cannabis lupulus / species Cannabis lupulus / Humulus aculeatus / species Humulus aculeatus / Humulus lupulus brachystachyus / variety Humulus lupulus brachystachyus / Humulus lupulus pubescens / variety Humulus lupulus pubescens / Humulus volubilis / species Humulus volubilis / Humulus vulgaris / species Humulus vulgaris / Humulus yunnanensis / species Humulus yunnanensis / Lupulus amarus / species Lupulus amarus / Lupulus communis / species Lupulus communis / Lupulus humulus / species Lupulus humulus / Lupulus scandens / species Lupulus scandens / Humulus lupulus
- synonyms of bine: common hop / common hops / European hop
- more generic words: hop / hops = twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes
- geographic area: North America
Alternative definition of the noun bine
- [botany] A climbing plant which climbs by its shoots growing in a helix around a support (distinct from a vine, which climbs using tendrils or suckers).
- Bine a.k.a. Sabine Spitz is a German cross country cyclist. She won bronze in Women's cross-country at the 2004 Summer Olympics, silver in the event in the 2012 Summer Olympics and gold in the event in the 2008 Summer Olympics. Furthermore she became World Champion in 2003.
- read more about Sabine Spitz
- Bine a.k.a. Sabine Pfeifer is an actor.
- read more about Sabine Pfeifer (actress)
- Bine is a fictional character from the 2011 film Kokowääh.
- Bine is a fictional film character.
"Bine" is a composition.
- Bine: A bine is a climbing plant that climbs by its shoots growing in a helix around a support. It is distinct from a vine, which climbs using tendrils or suckers. The stems of many bines are rough or have downward-pointing bristles to aid their grip. Hops are a commercially important example of a bine.
- Bine, or Bryth, refers to a mythical account of death and resurrection in Akkadian mythology. Its closest analogue in Greek mythology is Cerberus, in its guardianship of hell.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bine
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Elements of Chemistry (1846)
Including the History of the Imponderables and the Inorganic Chemistry by Edward Turner
Ci/ura- bine is a crystalline bitter substance, obtained from colvmbo, the root of ntenit- permum palmatum, and somewhat analogous to picrotoxine. Quasaine is a yellow, crystalline, and very bitter substance from the wood of quassia amara.
Place of the Wild (1994)
A Wildlands Anthology by David Clarke Burks
ED G R U M BINE is the author of Ghost Bears and directs the Sierra Institute, a wildlands studies undergraduate program of the University of California Extension, Santa Cruz. Hisprimary interests include bringing deepecological values into ...
Environmental Impact Statement
The surge bine is the primary device for smoothing out the delivery of coal to the burner feed system. The conveyor which feeds the surge bin is equipped with a sampler which continuously monitors the Btu equivalence of the coal so that the ...
by Simmonds, P. L.
The first produces small cones, but is said to resist the attack of insects best of any; the green bine will stand poor ground, and the white bine is the most difficult to grow. It is also the one that realizes the highest market price. The hops emit a ...
by Juan Enrique Dominguez-Munoz
Gemcita bine is a deoxycytidine analog (difluorodeoxycytidine; dFdC) that is phosphorylated intracellularly by deoxycytidine kinase to its active form, difluorodeoxycytidine triphosphate (dFdCTP). DNA synthesis is inhibited if dFdCTP is ...
by Joachim Fromhold
| | Southward | | Stone (From the Cree Asini Pwat & Nakoda Ya | | Bine) ...
by Geological Survey (U.S.)
Mes Blossburg, Pa Blossom Prairie, Tex Blount Springs, Ala Bloxom, Va Blue Ash, Ohio Blue Ball, Pa Blueberry, Wis Blue Cation, Cal Bine Cut, Ky Blue Earth City, Minu Bluefield, Va Blue Gate Mesa, Utah Blue Gate Plateau, ...
The Encyclopedia of Beer (2014)
The Beer Lover's Bible - A Complete Reference To Beer Styles, Brewing Methods, Ingredients, Festivals, Traditions, And More) by Christine P. Rhodes
The leaves and hop cones sproutfrom the bine. Each plant has several bines. Hop bines are trained along strings either up a central pole or to overhead wiresto which the strings are attached. They may growto more than20 feet, although ...
Learning to speak like a Jamaican by Joan Williams, Shawn Grant
Beat Some Bine or Blow Bine: Fram di friction start between Bugsy and Smilie wi cyaan sleep a nite far dem jus a blow bine nonstop. Translation. Ever since Bugsy and Smili quarreled we have been unable to sleep at nights as they are ...
by Johannes Willmet
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bine
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bine
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bine
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bine Meaning
Video shows what bine means. A climbing plant which climbs by its shoots growing in a helix around a support (distinct from a vine, which climbs using tendrils ...
- Words of Life Bine: Kunini People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life Bine: Kunini People/Language Movie Trailer c80026 [c80026t] Other names for this language are: Kunini This language is spoken in: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Bine!
Quotes about Bine
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'bine"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of B3I1N1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine