On this page:
- Definition of the noun bleach
- Definition of the verb bleach
- Phrases with Bleach
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bleach
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bleach
- Photos about Bleach
- Video language resources about Bleach
- Quotes about Bleach
- Scrabble value of B3L1E1A1C3H4
- Anagrams of BLEACH
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bleach
What does bleach mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bleaches
- the whiteness that results from removing the color from something
- an agent that makes things white or colorless
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of bleach: blanching agent / bleaching agent / whitener
- more generic word: agent = a substance that exerts some force or effect
- more specific terms:
- benzoyl peroxide = a white crystalline peroxide used in bleaching (flour or oils or fats) and as a catalyst for free radical reactions
- bleaching powder / chloride of lime / chlorinated lime = a white powder comprised of calcium hydroxide and chloride and hypochlorite and used to bleach and/or disinfect
- calcium hypochlorite = any hypochlorite of calcium
- chlorine dioxide = an explosive gas (ClO2) used chiefly in bleaching paper or starch or soap or flour and in water purification
- chlorine water = an aqueous solution of chlorine used as a bleaching agent
- sodium hypochlorite = an unstable salt (NaOCl) used as a bleaching agent and disinfectant
- substance of: bleach liquor = a solution containing bleaching agents that is used to bleach textiles or paper pulp; liquid bleach = a solution containing bleaching agents
- the act of whitening something by bleaching it (exposing it to sunlight or using a chemical bleaching agent)
Alternative definition of the noun bleach
- [uncountable] A chemical, such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide, or a preparation of such a chemical, used for disinfecting or whitening.
- [countable] A variety of bleach.
Definition of the verb bleach
What does bleach mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: bleached | bleaching | bleaches
- remove color from
- example: The sun bleached the red shirt
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonyms of bleach: bleach out / decolor / decolorise / decolorize / decolour / decolourise / decolourize / discolorise / discolorize / discolourise
- more generic word: discolor = cause to lose or change color
- make whiter or lighter
Alternative definition of the verb bleach
- [transitive] To treat with bleach, especially so as to whiten (fabric, paper, etc) or lighten (hair).
- synonym: blanch
- [intransitive, biology] For corals to lose color due to stress-induced expulsion of symbiotic unicellular algae.
Phrases with Bleach
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bleach
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Biomedical and Behavioral Approaches by Laura Gibney, Ralph J. DiClemente, Sten H. Vermund
Full-strength household bleach is a relatively strong inexpensive disinfectant. Household bleach has been distributed to drug injectors as an anti-HIV disinfectant in many cities in the United States and also in developing countries such as ...
by Dave Black
Chlorine bleach is the most sensitive to these factors and is less suited for cold water. In these conditions halogens require increased time and increased concentration. Be sure to strain the water first. Particulates deactivate halogen. That said ...
by Lawrence A. Diamond
Nu Tone Wood Bleach is an excellent product to use on these areas. Nu Tone Wood Bleach is a two-part product. Part A is the bleach and part B is the neutralizer. Pour an ounce of each into two separate containers and use a soft- bristle ...
Gross Things Under Your Feet (2012)
by Greg Roza
Bleach is the best weapon against microorganisms living on your kitchen and bathroom oors. This strong liquid makes microorganisms fall to pieces! Hundreds of thousands of kinds of bacteria may be living. Most people would like to think the ...
by Louise Bye, Neil Modi, Miles Stanford
The limiting factor for recovery after a bleach is the rate at which it is delivered to opsin in the bleached photoreceptors. A healthy RPE is essential to this process and the age-related decline in dark adaptation may be related to a failing RPE.
by Steven S. Zumdahl, Susan A. Zumdahl
CHEMICAL IMPACT ommon household bleach is an a ueous solution containing approximately 5 sodium hypochlorite, a potent oxidizing agent that can react with and decolorize chemicals that cause stains. Bleaching solutions are ...
by Spencer Seager, Michael Slabaugh
*1 Hydrogen PeroxidefiUSP 1' SOLUTIL Hy dro gen 7 p eroxide © Helen Sessions/Alamy '7 Sodium hypochlorite Hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic; bleach is a disinfectant. A word of caution is appropriate here. Although electron transfers ...
by Spencer Seager, Michael Slabaugh
Sodium hypochlorite Hydrogen peroxide Antiseptic Disinfectant NaOCl Hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic; bleach is a disinfectant.
by Christine Petersen
Bleach is an alkaline, or base, substance, with a pH close to 13. Rainwater is normally slightly acidic, but polluting gases can bring the pH of rainwater very low . Rain with a pH below 5.6 is called acid rain. It is strong enough to eat away solid ...
by Susan Pickering Rothamel
A technique using household bleach to discolor or alter card stock by removing color from the paper. CAuTioN—Bleach is very strong-smelling. If you are sensitive to chemicals, ventilate your work area well or work outdoors. Read all safety ...
A Reference Volume for All Requiring Quick Access to a Large Amount of Essential Data Regarding Chemicals, and Other Substances Used in Manufacturing and Laboratory Work by Francis Mills Turner
Black Boy Gum Bleach Black Boy Gum. See Gum accroides. Black, Carbon* ( Lampblack, Gas-black) Derivation: By applying a natural gas or oil flame against cold iron plates or rollers. The carbon is deposited on the plates or rollers. Grades: ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
The total bleach method. Several sample aliquots are prepared; some are left as it is (naturals, N), whereas others are given various laboratory doses, in this case for a 60Co gamma (γ) source, (N+γset). Thesedataare fittedwith a curve, ...
Encyclopedia Paranoiaca (2013)
by Henry Beard, Christopher Cerf
chlorine bleach. “chlorine,” warns the Wisconsin Department of health Services, “is a poisonous, greenish- yellow gas described as having a choking odor. it is a very corrosive, hazardous ...
Encyclopedia of Toxicology (2005)
by Bruce Anderson, Ann de Peyster, Shayne C. Gad, P.J. Bert Hakkinen, Michael Kamrin, Betty Locey, Harihara M. Mehendale, Carey Pope, Lee Shugart
Bleach. Julie Weber MissouriRegional Poison Center at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, St. Louis, MO, USA • REPRESENTATIVE CHEMICAL : Sodium hypochlorite • CHEMICALA BSTRACTSSERVICE REGISTRY N UMBER: CAS ...
Bleach, blēch, v.t. to make pale or white: to whiten, as textile fabrics .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bleach
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bleach
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bleach
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bleach Meaning
Video shows what bleach means. Pale; bleak.. bleach pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. bleach meaning. Powered by ...
- Bleach; Meaning Of Life
- The meaning of bleach random files
- Bleach secret language
- Bleach capitulo 28 audio latino (Link en la description)
Hola amigos de youtube :D Aqui les traigo un nuevo video mio de Bleach capitulo 28 audio latino ok... Aqui va el link :D Link: ...
View more videos about Bleach Blood.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bleach!
Quotes about Bleach
Life's a bleach and then you dye.
more quotes about bleach...
Scrabble value of B3L1E1A1C3H4
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BLEACH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bleach!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bleach to see it in context!