On this page:
- Definition of the noun blindfold
- Definition of the adjective blindfold
- Definition of the verb blindfold
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Blindfold
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Blindfold
- Photos about Blindfold
- Video about Blindfold
- Quotes about Blindfold
- Scrabble value of B3L1I1N1D2F4O1L1D2
- Share this page
The word blindfold is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun blindfold
What does blindfold mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: blindfolds
- a cloth used to cover the eyes
Alternative definition of the noun blindfold
- A covering, usually a bandage, for the eyes, blocking light to the eyes.
- Something that obscures vision (literally or metaphorically).
Definition of the adjective blindfold
What does blindfold mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
Definition of the verb blindfold
What does blindfold mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: blindfolded | blindfolding | blindfolds
- cover the eyes of (someone) to prevent him from seeing
- examples: the hostage was blindfolded and driven away | They want to blindfold the prisoners
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being] [Verb] [Destination] Lora buttered the toast [Agent - being] [Verb] [Destination] with [Theme] Lora buttered the toast with unsalted butter
Verbs of Putting (with the same syntax): aromatize, asphalt, bait, black, blanket, board, bread, brick, bridle, bronze, butter, buttonhole, calk, cap, carpet, caulk, chrome, clay, cloak, cork, crown, diaper, dope, drug, feather, fence, flour, forest, frame, fuel, gag, garland, glaze, glove, graffiti, gravel, grease, groove, halter, harness, heel, ink, label, leash, leaven, lipstick, lubricate, mantle, mulch, muzzle, nickel, oil, ornament, paint, panel, paper, parquet, patch, pepper, perfume, plank, plaster, poison, polish, pomade, poster, postmark, powder, putty, robe, roof, rosin, rouge, rut, saddle, salt, salve, sand, seed, sequin, shawl, shingle, shoe, shutter, silver, slate, slipcover, sod, sole, spice, stain, starch, stopper, stress, string, stucco, sugar, sulphur, tag, tar, tarmac, tassel, thatch, ticket, tile, top, turf, varnish, veil, veneer, wallpaper, water, wax, whitewash, wreathe, yoke.
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- more generic word: cover = provide with a covering or cause to be covered
Alternative definition of the verb blindfold
- To cover the eyes, in order to make someone unable to see.
- To obscure understanding or comprehension.
Blindfold is a fictional character, a mutant and a member of the student body of the Xavier Institute in Marvel Comics' X-Men-related comic books. She first appeared in Astonishing X-Men, vol. 3 #7 and was created by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday.
- "Blindfold" is a 2013 novel by Jan Arnald.
- "Blindfold" is a book by Kevin J. Anderson, long-listed work.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1995
- "Blindfold" is a book by Diane Hoh.
- "Blindfold" is a 1966 American motion picture by Universal Pictures, starring Rock Hudson and Claudia Cardinale that was based on Lucille Fletcher's 1960 novel of the same name. It was the last film directed by Philip Dunne, a successful Hollywood screenwriter of pictures such as How Green Was My Valley and The Robe. Sequences were filmed in Silver Springs, Florida.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by Henry Bumstead & Alexander Golitzen
- cinematography by Joseph MacDonald
- edited by Ted J. Kent
- music by Lalo Schifrin
- costume design by Jean Louis
- set decoration by George Milo & John McCarthy, Jr.
- genres: Thriller, Romance Film, Comedy
- released on (50 years ago)
- "Blindfold" a.k.a. "Blindfold: Acts of Obsession" is a 1994 erotic television film directed by Lawrence L. Simeone. It was originally aired on the Showtime network in the United States in 1994, and later, on C4 in the United Kingdom in 1995.
- read more about Blindfold: Acts of Obsession
"Blindfold" is an artwork by Anri Sala, begun in (14 years ago).
- "Blindfold" is the second and final album from American indie hip hop group Greenthink. It was self-released on CD and cassette in 1999. It was reissued on A Purple 100 in 2002.
- "Blindfold" is a composition.
- "Blindfold" is a musical single of Morcheeba.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Blindfold" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Blindfold" is a musical album of Kvalda.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Blindfold" is a musical album of Blindfold.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Blindfold" is a composition.
- "Blindfold" is a composition.
- music by Drowning Pool
- "Blindfold" a.k.a. "Blindfold EP": "Blindfold" is Curve's first single/EP. It was released on 4 March 1991 and it reached #68 in the UK singles chart. All four songs from the EP were included in the compilation Pubic Fruit, issued in 1992.
- read more about Blindfold EP
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Blindfold
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
Having the mental eye darkened; hence, rash; inconsiderate; without foresight: as, “blindfold fury,” ...
Over 600 Favorite Circle Time Activities Created by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Social skills: Group the children in pairs and ask one child in each pair to wear a blindfold and ask the children to perform various tasks, include taking a walk. Snack: Eat snack while wearing a blindfold or with eyes closed. * Melissa Browning ...
blindfold. blaze1 noun 1. A burning fire or flame. 2. A bright light: the blaze of a spotlight. averb 1. To burn with a bright flame: The forest fire blazed for two days. 2. To send out a bright light. blaze (blaz) rzwoun, plural blazes averb blazed, ...
Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology by Richard Soule
Hoodwiuk, blindfold. Blind, п. Screen, cover. Blind alley, CUI.-m«:-sac. Blindcoal, ' п. Anthracite, gla.nceooa.l, hard-coal, stone-coal. Blindfold, v. a. Blind, hoodwink, cover the eyes of, hinder from seeing (by a bamlaye over the судя). Blilldfold, а.
by Oxford Dictionaries,
blind man's buff a game in which a player tries to catch people while wearing a blindfold. blind spot 1 an area where someone's view is obstructed. 2 an inability to understand something. turn a blind eye pretend not to notice. 2blindly ...
More Than 600 Science Activities Written by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Science skills Children practice large motor skills as well as social development Materials Large unbreakable objects, such as plastic cups, Styrofoam cups, empty cans, cartons, boxes Blindfold What to do 1 . Set up an obstacle course with the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Blindfold
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Blindfold
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Blindfold
Video shows what blindfold means. A covering, usually a bandage, for the eyes, blocking light to the eyes.. Something that obscures vision (literally or ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Blindfold!
Quotes about Blindfold
You cannot blindfold a man and expect him to ferry you across the river.
more quotes about blindfold...
Scrabble value of B3L1I1N1D2F4O1L1D2
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Blindfold to see it in context!