Blob appears in the following tongue twister:
- Give me the gift of a grip-top sock,
A clip drape shipshape tip top sock.
Not your spinslick slapstick slipshod stock,
But a plastic, elastic grip-top sock.
None of your fantastic slack swap slop
From a slap dash flash cash haberdash shop.
Not a knick knack knitlock knockneed knickerbocker sock
With a mock-shot blob-mottled trick-ticker top clock.
Not a supersheet seersucker rucksack sock,
Not a spot-speckled frog-freckled cheap sheik's sock
Off a hodge-podge moss-blotched scotch-botched block.
Nothing slipshod drip drop flip flop or glip glop
Tip me to a tip top grip top sock.
(articulation warmup for actors)
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb blob:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun blob
- Definition of the verb blob
- Phrases with Blob
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Blob
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Blob
- Photos about Blob
- Video language resources about Blob
- Quotes about Blob
- Scrabble value of B3L1O1B3
- Anagrams of BLOB
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun blob
What does blob mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: blobs
- an indistinct shapeless form
Alternative definition of the noun blob
- A shapeless or amorphous mass; a vague shape or amount, especially of a liquid or semisolid substance; a clump, group or collection that lacks definite shape.
- In astronomy, a large cloud of gas. In particular, an 'extended Lyman-Alpha blob' is a huge body of gas that may be the precursor to a galaxy.
- [dialect] A bubble, a bleb.
Specialised definition of the noun blob
Glossary of sports / cricket
a score of naught; so called because it is round (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- usage: slang
Definition of the verb blob
What does blob mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: blobbed, blobbing
- make a spot or mark onto
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- synonyms of blob: blot / fleck / spot
- more generic term: change surface = undergo or cause to undergo a change in the surface
- more specific words:
- The Blob is a Marvel Comics supervillain, an adversary of the X-Men. A mutant originally depicted as an obese circus freak, the Blob claims to be immovable. He possesses an extreme amount of pliable body mass, which grants him superhuman strength and his own gravitational pull. Possessing the mindset of a bully, he mostly uses his powers for petty crime and as a member of the Brotherhood of Mutants and Freedom Force.
- Blob a.k.a. Barbara Leonard is a fictional character from the book Lockie Leonard, Human Torpedo, appearing in the TV Series Lockie Leonard.
- read more about Barbara Leonard
"Blob" is a platform-puzzle game, developed by Jonnathan Hilliard and published by Core Design for the Commodore Amiga personal computer. The game was released in the United Kingdom on September 1, 1993.
- publisher: Core Design
- released on (22 years ago)
BLOB is a musical group.
- also known as the great BLOB in the sky
- album: "Fate"
- Blob a.k.a. Binary large object: A blob is a collection of binary data stored as a single entity in a database management system. Blobs are typically images, audio or other multimedia objects, though sometimes binary executable code is stored as a blob. Database support for blobs is not universal.
- read more about Binary large object
- Blob: Blobs are sections of the visual cortex where groups of neurons that are sensitive to color assemble in cylindrical shapes. They were first identified in 1979 by Margaret Wong-Riley when she used a cytochrome oxidase stain, from which they get their name. These areas receive input from parvocellular cells in layer 4Cβ of the primary visual cortex and output to the thin stripes of area V2. Interblobs are areas between blobs which receive the same input, but are sensitive to orientation instead of color. They output to the pale stripes of area V2.
Phrases with Blob
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Blob
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by G. Cristescu, L. Lupsa
A blob is any bounded figure. A map is the union of one or more figures. A figure is...
A cellular blob is convex if there is at least one convex figure r of which the given cellular blob is an image. F denotes the set of all plane figures. CB denotes ...
Learning NServiceBus Sagas (2015)
by Rich Helton
A BLOB is a group to the containers, which is just unstructured data, such as a video or ...
by Joan Casteel
A BLOB is an Oracle data type that holds which of the ...
OpenCV for Secret Agents (2015)
by Joseph Howse
A blob is a shape filled with a solid (or nearly solid) color. This definition implies that many circular or linear objects are not detectable as blobs. In the following photo we see a sunlit desk with a china teapot, china bowl, and pewter bowl: The ...
A Mesoscopic Approach by Thomas Andrew Waigh
A blob is a small section of a flexible polymeric chain that has some well-defined statistical properties (Figure 10.9).
by John Chapman, Aman Dhally
A blob refers to a binary large object, which might not be an actual file. The Azure Blob storage service is used to store large amounts of unstructured data. This data can be accessed via HTTP or HTTPS, making it particularly useful for sharing ...
by Michael Collier, Robin Shahan
blob is an acronym for binary large object. Blobs are basically files like those that you store on your computer (or tablet, mobile device, etc.). They can be pictures, Microsoft Excel files, HTML files, virtual hard drives (VHDs)—pretty much ...
Art and Laughter (2006)
by Sheri Klein
The Blob is a work. 15. Tony Oursler, Blob, 2004.
by P. V. Vidyasagar
Especially in the case of blobs, one may calculate the number of pixels of the blob (corresponding with the 0th moment or area); the center coordinates (first moments); the circumference; and the orientation; the latter being derived from the ...
The New Hacker's Dictionary (1996)
by Eric S. Raymond
BLOB o- block transfer computations This is a blivet any random object of unknown purpose (similar to hackish use of frob). It has also been used to describe an amusing trick-the-eye drawing resembling a three-pronged fork that appears ...
by Karen Kemp
The term BLOB is used in the computer world to describe a data entity that is not of a standard primitive data type (e.g.,
In geographic information systems, BLOB database fields are often used to store important data, such as coordinates , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Blob
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Blob
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: bobgjohnson
Photo credit: Manicosity
Rain just let up.
Photo credit: DBduo Photography
Photo credit: bobgjohnson
Photo credit: diongillard
Photo credit: andymag
Photo credit: LawPrieR
Photo credit: DJ-Dwayne [Returning in 2015/16]
Photo credit: Stephanie Overton
Photo credit: Nick Saltmarsh
- Blob fish
They're back and they're blobby
Photo credit: s i b e r
- Wasabi blob
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Pink blob thing
Photo credit: Matt From London
Photo credit: studiof laboratorio audiovisual
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Blob
Click on an item to play that video:
- Blob Meaning
Video shows what blob means. A shapeless or amorphous mass; a vague shape or amount, especially of a liquid or semisolid substance; a clump, group or ...
- Blob Curl Position Explanation
- A Boy and his Blob [NES] Exploration & Explanation
Why jellybeans? Anyways, here is a helpful guide for anyone wishing to play this classic NES game.
- Blob out Meaning
Video shows what blob out means. To relax idly and mindlessly, to veg out.. Blob out Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say blob ...
View more videos about The Blob.
See also the pronunciation examples of Blob!
Quotes about Blob
One blob of red in the wrong place and the audience isn't looking at the hero, they're looking at a patch of curtain (or something similar) and your whole effect is lost. (Terence Fisher)
more quotes about blob...
Scrabble value of B3L1O1B3
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BLOB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Blob!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Blob to see it in context!