The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun bod:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bod
What does bod mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bods
- alternative names for the body of a human being
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of bod: anatomy / build / chassis / figure / flesh / form / frame / human body / material body / physical body / physique / shape / soma
- more generic terms: body / organic structure = the entire physical structure of an organism
- more specific terms:
- part of: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being; homo / human / human being / man = any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
Alternative definition of the noun bod
- [slang] short form of 'body'
- [slang] a person
- Bod a.k.a. The Tibet Autonomous Region, Tibet or Xizang for short, also called the Xizang Autonomous Region is a province-level autonomous region of the People's Republic of China. It was created in 1965 on the basis of Tibet's annexation by the PRC in 1951.
- read more about Tibet (country)
- Bod is a commune in Braşov County, Romania. It is composed of two villages, Bod and Colonia Bod. At Bod there is one of Romania's largest sugar factories and a broadcasting transmitter for long- and medium-wave radio, the Bod Transmitter. In Bod, the lowest ever recorded temperature in Romania, -38.5 degrees Celsius, was measured in January 1942.
- also known as Bod, Brasov; Bod, Braşov; Bod, Brașov
- part of Romania
- Bod a.k.a. Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport is the international airport of Bordeaux, the ninth largest city in France. It is located in the territory Mérignac, 12 km west of Bordeaux, within the département of Gironde.
- Bod a.k.a. Nobody Owens is a fictional character from The Graveyard Book.
- read more about Nobody Owens
- Bod is a fictional character from the 2011 film Tyrannosaur.
- Bod a.k.a. Standard Tibetan is the most widely spoken form of the Tibetic languages. It is based on the speech of Lhasa, an Ü-Tsang dialect. For this reason, Standard Tibetan is often called Lhasa Tibetan. Tibetan is an official language of the Tibet Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China. The written language is based on Classical Tibetan and is highly conservative.
- also known as Tibetan, Central Language; Tibate; Pohbetian; Dbus; Bhotia; Bhokha; Wei; Dbusgtsang; Phoke; Weizang; U; Zang; Tebilian; Central Tibetan; Bod Skad; Zang Wen; Poke; Tibetan
- Bod was a BBC children's television programme first shown in 1975, with thirteen episodes, based on four original Bod books by Joanne and Michael Cole. It was an animated cartoon series narrated by John Le Mesurier & Maggie Henderson with music by Derek Griffiths and produced by David Yates. The four books were published in 1966 in the United Kingdom and later in the United States and France. They were: Bod's Apple, Bod's Present, Bod's Dream and Bod and the Cherry Tree. The French version of Bod's Apple was called La Pomme de Gus.
- BOD, or 4-methyl-2,5,beta-trimethoxyphenethylamine, is a lesser-known psychedelic drug. It is the beta-methoxy analog of 2C-D. BOD was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. In his book PiHKAL, the dosage range is listed as 15–25 mg, and the duration listed as 8–16 hours. BOD produces strongly distorted open-eye visuals, and some closed-eye visuals. It also has an entheogenic effect and produces humor. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of BOD.
- also known as باد
- Bod a.k.a. BCL2-like 11 (apoptosis facilitator) is a gene.
- also known as bcl-2 interacting protein Bim, bcl-2-related ovarian death agonist, BCL2-like 11, bcl-2 interacting mediator of cell death
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bod
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Microbiology (2011)
A Laboratory Manual by Ian L. Pepper, Charles P. Gerba, Jeffrey W. Brendecke
Therefore, BOD is a useful measurement of the effectiveness of wastewater treatment. Conventional...
Carbonaceous BOD is the amount of oxygen used by a mixed population of heterotrophic microorganisms to oxidize organic compounds.
Monitoring Ecological Change (1991)
by Ian F. Spellerberg
The BOD is the ability of a given volume of water to use up oxygen over a period of five days at a temperature of 18 °C. Organic matter in the sample of water decomposes and the amount of oxygen thus consumed is then calculated. The range ...
Understanding Environment (2004)
by Kiran Chhokar, Mamata Pandya, Meena Raghunathan
BOD is a measure of water pollution based on the organic material it contains. The organic material provides food for aerobic bacteria which require oxygen to be able to bring about the biodegradation of organic material. The greater the ...
A European Perspective by G. Corbetta, Carlo Salvato
A wellrun BoD is an indispensible instrumentfor stabilizing an extendedanddifferentiated ownership group. By taking a closer look at the example offered by a specificfirm, we can get a clearer pictureof a BoDthat takes on the role of participant.
by Bhupinder Dhir
BOD is the amount of dissolved oxygen required by microbes (aerobic conditions ) to break down organic material present in a given water sample at a certain temperature over a specific time period. It is commonly expressed in milligrammes ...
by Andrew Porteous
The BOD test may be supplemented by CHEMICAL OXYGEN DEMAND (COD) tests, but these do not solely measure the biodegradable matter which is of central interest. Both tests are commonly run when a 'new' effluent is encountered .
by Bobby A. Stewart, Terry Howell
Environmental permits for discharge of wastewater or stormwater runoff to surface water bodies often include such items as temperature and biochemical oxygen demand (BOD). Biochemical oxygen demand is an empirical test in which ...
Encyclopedia of Obesity (2008)
by Kathleen Keller
deveLOPed bY Life Measurements Instruments, Concord, CA, the Bod Pod is a complete system for measuring fat and lean body mass using patented air displacement technology. Bod Pod was created with the help of a National Institutes of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bod
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bod
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Dharmadoc2010
Photo credit: mapryan
Photo credit: Ben30
Closer view of Bod, the Graveyard, and the gates. Chocolate cake; chocolate shell, fence, and church; hand-painted fondant figure.
Designed and built by Marty Hale-Evans and Meredith Hale, with assistance from Amy Giles.
Photo credit: twokingsconfections
- HOT BOD...
Big Spike shows off his beautiful markings
Photo credit: Cats by moonwhiskers
- Bod, Ox
Photo credit: Biker Jun
- Bod heritage
Photo credit: pockethifi
Videos about Bod
Click on an item to play that video:
- BOD Meaning
Video shows what BOD means. biochemical oxygen demand. biological oxygen demand. benefit of the doubt. BOD Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Bod Meaning
Video shows what bod means. The body.. A person.. Bod Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say bod. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Explanation of Workout Schedules BOD
- BOD Intro Explanation and FAQ
Here's everything you need to know about out beachbody on demand free challenge.
- What Is The Definition Of BOD POD Medical Dictionary Free Online
- BOD(Boyzz Of Definition)
- THE BOD(BOYZ OF DEFINITION)
- PABLO DE LUCA / BOD VIDEO CAMPAIGN / IGLTA 2012 / English Language
- What Is The Definition Of BOD POD Medical Dictionary Free Online
See also the pronunciation examples of Bod!
Scrabble value of B3O1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine