On this page:
- Definition of the adjective boolean
- Definition of the noun boolean
- Phrases with Boolean
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Boolean
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Boolean
- Photos about Boolean
- Video language resources about Boolean
- Scrabble value of B3O1O1L1E1A1N1
- Anagrams of BOOLEAN
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective boolean
What does boolean mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- of or relating to a combinatorial system devised by George Boole that combines propositions with the logical operators AND and OR and IF THEN and EXCEPT and NOT
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective boolean
- Of or pertaining to the work of George Boole.
- [context: logic, computing] Pertaining to data items that can have “true” and “false” (or, equivalently, 1 and 0 respectively) as their only possible values and to operations on such values.
Definition of the noun boolean
What does boolean mean as a name of something?
- [logic, computing] A variable that can hold a single true/false (1/0) value.
- synonym: flag
Phrases with Boolean
- Boolean Ring
- boolean logic
- boolean algebra
- Boolean Lattice
- Boolean Function
- Boolean Variable
- boolean operation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Boolean
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Philip A. Laplante
Boolean an operator or an expression of George Boole's algebra (1847). A Boolean variable or signal can assume only two values: TRUE or FALSE. This concept has been ported in the field of electronic circuits by Claude Shannon ( 1938).
by Edwin D. Reilly
BOOLEAN ALGEBRA For articles on related subjects, see + Arithmetic, Computer + Discrete Mathematics + Logic Design + Logic Programming The concept of a Boolean algebra was first proposed by the English mathematician George Boole ...
by Ramesh Bangia
Boolean algebra An algebra, fundamental to computer operations but developed in the mid- nineteenth century by English mathematician George Boole, for determining whether logical propositions are true or false rather than for determining ...
by Kiyosi Itô
Boolean Algebras A. Boolean Algebras Boolean algebra was introduced by G. Boole to study logical operations (— 41 1 Symbolic Logic). It is now included within the more general concept of tlattice or lattice-ordered set (— — 243 ...
Network Dictionary (2007)
by Javvin Www Networkdictionary Com, Jielin Dong
Software Boolean, named after George Boole (an English mathematician in the mid-19th century) is a complete mathematical logic system. Boolean logic and algebra has many applications in electronics, computer hardware and software.
Volume 39 - Supplement 24 - Entity Identification to Virtual Reality in Driving Simulation by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
BOOLEAN. SYSTEMS. INTRODUCTION Learning is the main property that characterizes an intelligent system. As similar situations will usually appear again and again in a given environment, the goal of learning is to gain experience that can ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Boolean
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Boolean
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Boolean
Click on an item to play that video:
- Natural Language vs. Boolean Searching Demo
This tutorial will demonstrate the results from two different database searches, one using natural language searching and one using Boolean operators.
- [Game Engine Learning] Latihan 8 - Boolean Expression dan Dictionary
Latihan ini akan membahas bagaimana ekspresi boolean (True/False) dan juga cara penggunaan Dictionary pada Python.
- Assembly Language Programing ENG Tutorial 02 03 Boolean Operations
- Fathia Frazna Az-Zahra ITB-Seamolec Batch 9 Go Language - Operator (Boolean)
- Assembly Language Programing ENG Tutorial 07 02 Boolean Operations
- Assembly Language Programming Tutorial 06 Boolean Operations
- Natural Language Processing Lecture 24 IR Models Boolean Vector
- Assembly Language Programming Tutorial 43 Boolean Operations
See also the pronunciation examples of Boolean!
Scrabble value of B3O1O1L1E1A1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BOOLEAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Boolean!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Boolean to see it in context!