The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun booster:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun booster
What does booster mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: boosters
- a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of booster: admirer / champion / friend / protagonist / supporter
- more generic words: advocate / advocator / exponent / proponent = a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- more specific terms:
- anglophile / anglophil = an admirer of England and things English
- believer / truster = a supporter who accepts something as true
- Boswell = a devoted admirer and recorder of another's words and deeds
- cheerleader = an enthusiastic and vocal supporter
- Confederate = a supporter of the Confederate States of America
- corporatist = a supporter of corporatism
- enthusiast / partisan / partizan = an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity
- Francophile / Francophil = an admirer of France and everything French
- free trader = an advocate of unrestricted international trade
- functionalist = an adherent of functionalism
- Jacobite = a supporter of James II after he was overthrown or a supporter of the Stuarts
- loyalist / stalwart = a person who is loyal to their allegiance
- New Dealer = a supporter of the economic policies in the United States known as the New Deal
- philhellenist / Graecophile / philhellene = an admirer of Greece and everything Greek
- mainstay / pillar = a prominent supporter
- Roundhead = a supporter of parliament and Oliver Cromwell during the English Civil War
- seconder = someone who endorses a motion or petition as a necessary preliminary to a discussion or vote
- Shavian = an admirer of G. B. Shaw or his works
- subscriber / endorser / indorser / ratifier = someone who expresses strong approval
- sympathiser / sympathizer / well-wisher = someone who shares your feelings or opinions and hopes that you will be successful
- wassailer / toaster = someone who proposes a toast
- maintainer / sustainer / upholder = someone who upholds or maintains
- verifier / voucher = someone who vouches for another or for the correctness of a statement
- Whig = a supporter of the American Revolution
- someone who is an active supporter and advocate
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of booster: plugger / promoter
- more generic words: adman / advertiser / advertizer = someone whose business is advertising
- more specific word: barker = someone who stands in front of a show (as at a carnival) and gives a loud colorful sales talk to potential customers
- a thief who steals goods that are in a store
- an amplifier for restoring the strength of a transmitted signal
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of booster: booster amplifier / booster station / relay link / relay station / relay transmitter
- more generic word: amplifier = electronic equipment that increases strength of signals passing through it
- part of: communication equipment / communication system = facility consisting of the physical plants and equipment for disseminating information
- the first stage of a multistage rocket
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of booster: booster rocket / booster unit / takeoff booster / takeoff rocket
- more generic terms: rocket / rocket engine = a jet engine containing its own propellant and driven by reaction propulsion
- part of: multistage rocket / step rocket = a rocket having two or more rocket engines (each with its own fuel) that are fired in succession and jettisoned when the fuel is exhausted
- an additional dose that makes sure the first dose was effective
Alternative definition of the noun booster
- Something that boosts.
- The first stage of a multistage rocket that provides the thrust for liftoff and the initial flight
- Someone who is a fan or supporter of something.
- A member of a booster club.
- A booster dose.
- "Booster" is a 2012 crime drama film written and directed by Matt Ruskin.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Andrea Roa & Matt Ruskin
- executive producers: Sylvia Dambrosio, Troy Johanson, Christopher Kikis
- production design by Julia Cairo & Farley Crawford
- art direction by Julia Cairo
- written by Matt Ruskin
- cinematography by Tim Gillis
- edited by Matt Ruskin
- music by Alex Lasarenko
- costume design by Julia Cairo
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- released on
- "Booster" is a short film, directed by Eko J. & Aris P..
- genre: Animation
Booster is a fictional character appearing in the 1913 Drama film A Night in Old Mexico, directed by Emilio Aragón.
- "Booster" is a 2007 compilation album by Tangerine Dream.
- also known as Booster (disc 2)
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Booster" is a composition.
- also known as Booster (album remix)
- music by Luke Slater
- "Booster" is a musical single of Zombie Nation.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Booster" is a musical album of Krunch.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Booster" is a musical album of Ivan Shopov.
- released on (6 years ago)
Who is Booster?
Booster: Olivier Armbruster, alias Booster est un musicien et compositeur français de nu jazz, né le 31 janvier 1976.
- born in (39 years ago)
- read more about Booster (musical artist)
Booster is a record label.
- Booster: A Booster was a motor-generator set used for voltage regulation in direct current electrical power circuits. The development of alternating current and solid-state devices has rendered it obsolete. Boosters were made in various configurations to suit different applications.
- Booster a.k.a. Flareon is a character species.
- read more about Flareon
- Booster is an amusement ride made by Fabbri.
- Booster is an amusement ride.
- Booster is an amusement park ride made by HUSS Park Attractions.
Phrases with Booster
Phrases starting with the word Booster:
- Booster Club
- booster dose
- booster shot
- booster unit
- booster cable
- booster rocket
- booster station
- booster amplifier
- Booster Injection
Phrases ending with the word Booster:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Booster
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mixer and Server (1910)
The BOOSTER is a loving husband. The KNOCKER is a wife beater.
The BOOSTER is the noblest work of God. The KNOCKER the finished task...
The BOOSTER is an advocate of good things for all the people. The KNOCKER would throw ...
The BOOSTER is the result of centuries of clean manhood and womanhood. The KNOCKER...
The BOOSTER is an advocate of good things for all the people. The KNOCK'ER...
A BOOSTER is a clean hustler for union labels, all of the time.
Principles of Power System (2005)
Including Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Switchgear and Protection : for B.E/B.Tech., AMIE and Other Engineering Examinations by V. K. Mehta, Rohit Mehta
Boosters A booster is a d.c. generator whose function is to inject or add certain voltage into a...
The advantage of using a booster is that each feeder can be regulated independently — a great advantage if the ...
Untangling the Web (2013)
The NSA's Guide to Gathering Information on Google by Nsa
Web Booster is the Convera Excalibur web search service, which Clusty, Highbeam, and Govmine also use: "Web Booster...
The Paper Makers Journal (1909)
Booster is a home builder. Knocker a home destroyer. The The The The deceit. ' Bocter's greeting is inspiring.
If the battery charge and disenarge currents are very great because of great load fluctuations, while the average output is small, and the reduction in line pressure with load ncrease is advantageous, the non-reversible booster is the more ...
by Committee on Review and Evaluation of the Army Chemical Stockpile Disposal Program, Board on Army Science and Technology, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, National Research Council
The booster is a medium-size charge that can be detonated by the fuze and is large enough to detonate a much larger burster charge. The burster charge is large enough to rupture the munition and to disperse the agent contained within.
Networking Bible (2009)
by Barrie Sosinsky
range extender, or signal booster is a device that takes the signal that it receives and retransmits it at a higher signal strength. Repeaters use the same settings as the device they are repeating, and do not add additional complexity to the ...
by Vasili Tsakanov, Helmut Wiedemann
The Booster is a modified FODO lattice with 4-fold symmetry. Each quadrant has 10 cells, of which 8 are regular FODO cells and 2 act as matching cells. The four quadrants connect via four 2.46 m long straight sections. These will be used for ...
A Measurement of the Top-antitop Production Cross Section in Proton-antiproton Collisions at Center of Mass Energy (2008)
by Ulysses Allen Grundler
The Booster is a circular accelerator, or synchrotron, that accelerates the protons to 8 GeV and gathers them into bunches. The next machine in the accelerator chain is the Main Injector, another synchrotron with a circumference several times ...
The Warrior Diet (2009)
Switch on Your Biological Powerhouse For High Energy, Explosive Strength, and a Leaner, Harder Body by Ori Hofmekler
As mentioned, one notable dopamine booster is the Brazilian herb mucuna. It has been used traditionally to enhance sexual performance. Mucuna has been also used to treat Parkinson's Disease. Food and sex have been bound together for ...
by A. K. Theraja
Boosters A booster is a generator whose function is to add to or inject into a circuit, a certain voltage that is sufficient to compensate for the IR drop in the feeders etc. In a dc. system, it may sometimes happen that 9 Shunt Motor a certain feeder ...
Courageous Training (2008)
Bold Actions for Business Results by Tim Mooney, Robert O. Brinkerhoff
Impact Booster An Impact Booster is the educational session.
by Kenneth George Wilson
A booster is any person or device that assists, promotes, or increases ...
The Free-market Frontier by Edward Lee Hudgins, Cato Institute
The reusable first-stage booster is a concept that integrates rocket technology with well-understood aircraft design techniques and is the ideal vehicle to make this step. With this vehicle we can incorporate approaches that we know work and ...
by Joseph Angelo
To launch or to push along during a portion of flight, as to boost a ramjet to flight speed by means of a rocket, or a spacecraft or rocket vehicle boosted to altitude with a (booster) rocket. 2. The first portion of a ballistic missile trajectory. 3.
by Denis Richard Lane, Sue Guthrie, Sian Griffith
booster at 16–20 weeks now less necessary as vaccines improved Canine contagious respiratory disease (CCRD) Live vaccines available against CPIVasfor canine Bordetella bronchiseptica, CAV and distemper; Bordetella vaccine given ...
Boiling Water Water in gas state escapes the liquid Bubbles contain water in gas state Vapor pressure is equal or greater than atmospheric pressure Vapour Booster The ring directly behind the south side of Wilson Hall surrounding the ...
(and Related Subjects) by K.L. Kosanke, Barry T. Sturman, Robert M. Winokur, B.J. Kosanke
booster rocket – This is either the first stage(s) of a multistage rocket or strap-on unit(s) used to assist the main vehicle's ...
DCC Dictionary 1.0 (2014)
by William H. Bradley
Booster (DCC) A device which requires instructions from a command station. It requires two inputs to function: a data stream from the command station, and power from the power supply. The output is a highcurrent digital waveform that is ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
North American- Rockwell strategic supersonic bomber B1 thiamine vitamin B-1B Rockwell International long-range supersonic sweptwing bomber b 1 p booster 1 pitch b 1 y booster 1 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Booster
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Booster
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Biker Jun
- Shimano Carbon Fiber brake booster
10/7/09. Canon Rebel XTi. Tripod, remote switch. SOOC.
Photo credit: SoulRider.222
- Vox/Jen Distortion Booster guts
As with the Fuzz Face, it doesn't take much to build a distortion effect.
This particular Vox Distortion Booster was made by Jen and is more or less a direct clone of a (silicon) Fuzz Face.
Oh yes, it also doubles as a radio receiver ;-)
Photo credit: germanium
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Booster
Click on an item to play that video:
- Texas Literacy Initiative - Vocabulary Booster Session #1: Choosing Words to Teach
Choosing Words to Teach.
- Metabones EF to M43 Speed Booster Review and Explanation + Testing Image Stabilization
Get it here...
- Shower Power Booster - Explanation Of Power Supply...
The Shower Power Booster SP1 and SP2 comes with 2 metres of cabling as standard and 3 metres for a SP21S - Here is an explanation.
- Texas Literacy Initiative - Vocabulary Booster Session #2: Defining Vocabulary Words
Defining Vocabulary Words.
- MTG Theros - booster box war (Intro and explanation) - Magic the Gathering
- Texas Literacy Initiative - Vocabulary Booster Session #3: Examples and Nonexamples Grades 3-4
Examples and Nonexamples Grades 3-4.
- Texas Literacy Initiative - Vocabulary Booster Session #4: Deep-Processing Activities Grades 3-4
Deep-Processing Activities Grades 3-4.
- Super Mini Booster - Product Explanation
Super Mini Booster is a 12volt jump start battery pack suitable for all vehicle use including marine applications.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Radio frequency booster stations
- TOYS BASIC SET TODDLER'S VOCABULARY BOOSTER Book 4
TOYS BASIC SET TODDLER'S VOCABULARY BOOSTER Book 4.
- League of Legends - Panda Booster, #1 Match ESL Go4LoL #220
- Child Booster Seat Installation - PUNJABI language - SAFETY DRIVES US
Child Booster Seat Installation - this video guides you through in Punjabi language. This road safety project was undertaken by 'Safety Drives Us' committee ...
- Booster Trooper Full description + download links
This is a description of Booster Trooper-------- Go to...
View more videos about booster dose.
See also the pronunciation examples of Booster!
Quotes about Booster
Scrabble value of B3O1O1S1T1E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BOOSTER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Booster!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Booster to see it in context!