The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun botheration:
On this page:
Definition of the noun botheration
What does botheration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: botherations
- the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of botheration: annoyance / irritation / vexation
- more generic terms: mental condition / mental state / psychological condition / psychological state = a mental condition in which the qualities of a state are relatively constant even though the state itself may be dynamic
- more specific terms:
- something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of botheration: annoyance / bother / infliction / pain / pain in the ass / pain in the neck
- more generic term: negative stimulus = a stimulus with undesirable consequences
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun botheration
- The act of bothering, or state of being bothered; cause of trouble; perplexity; annoyance; vexation.
- "Botheration" is a musical album of Gary Primich.
- "Botheration" a.k.a. "Botheration!" is a musical album of Operation Counterstrike.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Botheration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Counterintuitive Approach to De-stressing by Laura Lee
You see, botheration is a constant. The inhabitants of Teletubbyland that we loved to hate in the 1990s were replaced with Pokémon Go.
Sportman's Slang; a New Dictionary of Terms Used in the Affairs of the Turf, the Ring, the Chase and the Cock-pit; with Those of Bon-ton and the Varieties of Life (etc.) (1825)
by John Bee
Or both may open and bellows away, when 'tis “a pretty piece of botheration.
A Guide to Language on the 18th and 19th Century Streets of London by John Camden Hotten
BOTHERATION! trouble, annoyance; "BOTHERATION to it,”confound it, or deuce take it, an exclamation when irritated. BOTTLE-HOLDER, an assistant to a “Second,” Pugilistic; an abettor; also, the bridegroom's man at a wedding. BOTTY ...
The Slang Dictionary (1864)
Or, The Vulgar Words, Street Phrases, and "fast" Expressions of High and Low Society. Many with Their Etymology, and a Few with Their History Traced by John Camden Hotten
* BOTHERATION ! trouble ...
A Dictionary Murat' Hee & English, Compiled for the Government of Bombay by --- Assisted by Thomas and George Candy (1831)
by James-T ..... Molesworth
*To sf Botheration, distraction, urged and perplexed state. 2 Distress, exigency, pinched and straitened state. Flso sn S Tremulousness. HIVăză 9 intr To be stupidly drunk;-as from eating opium, b,hang &c. 2 To be heavy and dull ;-the eyes from want of sleep. fisäzt a (Fr Hro) Imported on ship-board, brought in on ships or boats; in contradistinction from Miqat &c., (that is manufactured or produced within the country.) FITT sfn (S) A star in general. 2 The pupil of the eye. 3. A meteor, a ...
Vocabulary Building by Manik Joshi
a feeling of comfort in time of sadness Antonyms of ' Smooth' -- aggravation/annoyance/ botheration / frustration / hassle/irritation / nuisance/pestering / provocation / stress 12. STABILITY -- (meaning) the quality of being steady or unchangeable Antonyms of 'Stability' -- capriciousness / changeability / fluctuation / flux / inconsistency/indecisiveness / indetermination/ instability/irregularity / oscillation /precariousness / randomness/ uncertainty / unevenness ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Botheration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Botheration
Video shows what botheration means. The act of bothering, or state of being bothered; cause of trouble; perplexity; annoyance; vexation.. botheration ...
Quotes about Botheration
A god man is interested in you
As much as an Insurance Agent is.
They are interested in their carriers.
They have no botheration about you.
17.06.2010 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about botheration...
Scrabble value of B3O1T1H4E1R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BOTHERATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Botheration!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Botheration to find many related words and phrases!