The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun bracelet:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun bracelet
- Phrases with Bracelet
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bracelet
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bracelet
- Photos about Bracelet
- Video language resources about Bracelet
- Sign language
- Quotes about Bracelet
- Scrabble value of B3R1A1C3E1L1E1T1
- Anagrams of BRACELET
- Share this page
The word bracelet is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bracelet
What does bracelet mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bracelets
- a band of cloth or leather or metal links attached to a wristwatch and wrapped around the wrist
- jewelry worn around the wrist for decoration
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of bracelet: bangle
- more generic words: jewellery / jewelry = an adornment (as a bracelet or ring or necklace) made of precious metals and set with gems
- more specific terms:
- part: clasp = a fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together
Alternative definition of the noun bracelet
- a band or chain worn around the wrist as jewelry/jewellery or an ornament
- the strap of a wristwatch, used to secure it around the wrist
- Bracelet: A bracelet is a loop of material, such as a strap or chain, that is intended to be worn around the wrist or forearm, without being attached to clothing. Sometimes, it is a combination of joined or interlocking loops. Frequently, it is made in a decorative style, and is worn as jewellery. It may have a supportive function, such as holding a wristwatch or other items of jewellery such as religious symbols or charms. Medical and identity information is marked on some bracelets, such as allergy bracelets, hospital patient-identification tags, and bracelet tags for newborn babies. If a bracelet is a single, inflexible loop, it is often called a bangle. When it is worn around the ankle it is called an ankle bracelet or anklet. A boot bracelet is used to decorate boots. Colloquially, handcuffs are sometimes called bracelets. Bracelets can be manufactured from metal, leather, cloth, plastic or other materials and sometimes contain jewels, rocks, wood, shells, crystals, metal or plastic hoops, pearls and many more materials.
- also known as 手镯
- bracelet is a garment.
Phrases with Bracelet
Phrases starting with the word Bracelet:
Phrases ending with the word Bracelet:
- Gel bracelet
- Sex Bracelet
- ankle bracelet
- Jelly Bracelet
- watch bracelet
- Awareness Bracelet
- Friendship bracelet
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bracelet
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
When Digital Becomes Human (2015)
The Transformation of Customer Relationships by Steven Van Belleghem
notes 1 Barnes, B, A Billion-Dollar Bracelet is the Key to a Disney Park, ...
Sea Glass Jewelry (2014)
Create Beautiful and Unique Designs from Beach-Found Treasures by Lindsay Furber, Mary Beth Beuke
A charm bracelet is a perfectly whimsical and dangly adornment. A charm bracelet is simply an item of jewelry worn around the wrist. It carries personal charms: decorative pendants or trinkets that signify important things in the wearer's life.
A third bracelet is a round bar gradually tapering from the middle to the end, and having little balls at the extremities. The bar is decorated with five groups of transverse lines. The fourth specimen is a quadrangular bar, tapering from the middle ...
by Kalmbach Publishing Company
Repeat steps 2-5 and add rows until the bracelet is the desired length minus 1 !/: in. (3.8cm) for the clasp. Embellishment  Bring the needle down through the bead to the right and sew through each bead along one edge (photo a).
1,000 Gift Ideas for Everyone in Your Life by Sarah Weidman
Men's Heavy Sterling Silver ID Bracelet www.100silver.com An ID bracelet is a manly way to dress.
Daily Wisdom for Women (2012)
2013 Devotional Collection by Compiled by Barbour Staff
GALATIANS 5:22–23 NASB A charm bracelet is a beautiful way to commemorate milestones or special events. A dangling baby bootie, a tiny graduation cap, a pair of wedding bells, or a palm tree from Cancun are all commonly treasured ...
Hints on Household Taste (2013)
The Classic Handbook of Victorian Interior Decoration by Charles L. Eastlake
The notion of grinding and paring gems down to a uniform size for a necklace or bracelet is a thoroughly modern and European one, and helps to render our jewellery formal and uninteresting. In old and Oriental work we find the collet ...
by Carolyn Yates, Leisure Arts
Work left knots until the bracelet is the right length. Tie a knot & trim. Thread the charm onto the A threads. With the charm in the fold, tie all threads together & tape down in this order. In this design Repeat step 5 you use 2 threads together like ...
Paracord Bracelets & Projects: A Beginners Guide (Mastering Paracord Bracelets & Projects Now (2013)
by Janet Evans
The paracord bracelet is a great essential to any survival kit. Utilizedin the military since ...
Warman's Jewelry (2013)
Identification & Price Guide by Christie Romero
Gold bracelet, unmarked gold tests 10k, 66.4 grams, with seed pearls and black enamel, bracelet is a circular link weave pattern at 25 mm wide, buckle ...
Julie Snow, Architect (2005)
by Julie Snow, Jan Abrams, Julie Snow Architects
The bracelet is a radio-frequency-identification ...
by Doreen Yarwood
BOSOM-FLOWBRS Bosom-flowers, French, 1776 Bracelet An arm ornament usually worn round the wrist or lower forearm. Made of metal, jewelled, incised or enamelled, sometimes in a continuous ring, at other times made of chain design.
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors by Joseph C Segen
Crack cocaine jelly bracelet Psychology Sexology Sex bracelet, see there jelly sex ...
by Mary Brooks Picken
BRACELETS bracelet. Ornamental ring, band, or chain for wrist or arm. Worn by women; now seldom worn by men. bangle b. Ornamental circlet of gold, silver, glass, or other material. First worn by women of East Indian countries; now worn ...
by Ariane Archambault
bangle Ring-shaped rigid bracelet that slips on over the hand. identification bracelet Charm bracelet with a plate that is usually engraved with a first name. charm ...
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors, now illustrated by Joseph C Segen
Crack cocaine jelly bracelet Sex bracelet, ...
Over 300 Favorite Activities Created by Teachers by Kathy Charner
scissors Vocabulary tape bracelet kindness yarn or string friends share Children's Books Friends by Helme ...
My Big Sticker Dictionary (2005)
by Archie Oliver, Hinkler Books
bracelet. A bracelet is a piece of jewelry. It is a band or chain worn around the wrist. Sharon is wearing a pretty bracelet made of beads. brick. A brick is a hard building block. Thousands of bricks are used to build a house. Bricks are made of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bracelet
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bracelet
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: xGrape
Photo credit: Alicebyday
Evil Eye bracelet by Betsey Johnson
Photo credit: Erica Schoonmaker
Mother of pearl and gold bracelet. By Mauro Cateb, Brazilian jeweler and silversmith.
Photo credit: Mauro Cateb
Pink beaded charm bracelet, for a friend's birthday.
Photo credit: Sarah G...
Made this out of boredom the other day. Gonna wear it with everything. :D
Photo credit: DanielleSaysHello
Photo credit: misterjingo
Photo credit: Andrew Gustar
Photo credit: Just a Prairie Boy
Photo credit: Katarina Roccella
- Black polka dots on white bracelet
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
- SIMPLE Bracelet by ohginger
Photo credit: ohmeaghan
- Bracelet bonsai
Photo credit: Valerie Everett
- WIP bracelet
Photo credit: Eros * Godiva
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bracelet
Click on an item to play that video:
- Brazilian Wish Bracelet Colors & Meaning - by Mizzfit
Bianca Jade of Mizzfit.com tells the story of the Brazilian Wish Bracelet, how she got hers and shares why it's healthy to wear one. WANT MORE? OF COURSE ...
- Hamsa Bracelet - All About The Hamsa Hand And Its Meaning
Hamsa bracelets are worn as protection amulets by men, women and even kids all across world. Here's a short introduction to the meaning of the Hamsa hand.
- Seiko Orange Monster stainless steel bracelet components and explanation
Going over the link and collar system in the stainless steel bracelet on the Seiko Orange Monster.
- Bracelet Meaning
Video shows what bracelet means. A band or chain worn around the wrist as jewelry/jewellery or an ornament.. The strap of a wristwatch, used to secure it ...
- Cicret Bracelet - Animated Video Explanation
A school project made in Adobe After Effects.
- Discover the Meaning of Shamballa Bracelet Colors
- Meaning of bracelet 011
- Kate Spade New York Idiom Bangles Jump For Joy Bracelet - Hinged SKU:8536509
- Kate Spade New York - Idiom Bangles Rule The Roost - Hinged Bracelet SKU:8566038
- Jelly bracelet Meaning
Video shows what jelly bracelet means. A gel bracelet. Jelly bracelet Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say jelly bracelet. Powered ...
- Explanation of Operations nearO by 1Decision Bracelet
- Kate Spade New York Idiom Bangles Make Waves Bracelet - Hinged SKU:8536305
- The Wordless Bracelet Further Explanation
This video points out the heart behind the gospel message, points to emphasize, points not to forget, and commonly asked questions along with analogies to ...
- Friendship bracelet Meaning
Video shows what friendship bracelet means. A type of handmade bracelet given to friends. Friendship bracelet Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Meaning of bracelet 2 JJ
- Kate Spade New York Idiom Bangles Play Cupid Bracelet - Hinged SKU:8536311
- Kate Spade New York - Idiom Bangles Jump For Joy Bracelet - Hinged SKU:8536509
- Dictionary - Men's Bracelet | iLook | Kimmy Jayanti | NetMediatama
iLook Program yang membahas berbagai pernak-pernik yang berhubungan dengan penampilan/style/fashion, dari ujung kaki hingga ujung kepala. Program ini ...
- Language Of Flowers Charm Bracelet
Every silver flower charm from Scarletts collection has its own meaning, inspired by the Victorian Language of Flowers. The art of floriography was like a secret ...
- Stainless Steel "Language of Love" Oval Rolo Link Bracelet with Jennifer Coffey
- Bracelet triple a trois rang lire description
Desoler a la fin cela a coupe regarder la prochaine video pour apres cette video.
- Description chaine: tuto.bracelet
- Duble X bracelet .check the description
- Steel by Design "Language of Love" Oval Rolo Link Bracelet with Jennifer Coffey
- Learn a second language one word a day bracelet
- Description of Alex and Ani Charity By Design Best Friends Bangle Bracelet
- Description of Sterling Silver A True Friendship Concave Cuff Bracelet
See also the pronunciation examples of Bracelet!
Bracelet in Baby Sign Language, ASL
Quotes about Bracelet
A single bracelet does not jingle.
more quotes about bracelet...
Scrabble value of B3R1A1C3E1L1E1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine