On this page:
Definition of the noun breakaxe
What does breakaxe mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- West Indian timber tree having very hard wood
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spellings: break-axe / breakax
- synonym of breakaxe: Sloanea jamaicensis
- more generic word: tree = a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown
- member of: genus Sloanea / Sloanea = genus of tropical hardwood timber trees
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Breakaxe
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frederic Gomes Cassidy, Robert Brock Le Page
Swabey 21, Greenheart — (Breakaxe, Ironwood, Lignum durum) . . The heartwood is very dark in colour, readily distinguished from the sap wood. GREEN HUMMING-BIRD sb obs. 1. An old and erroneous name for the bird Todus viridis, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Breakaxe
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of B3R1E1A1K5A1X8E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 21 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Breakaxe to find many related words and phrases!