On this page:
Definition of the noun broad-bean
What does broad-bean mean as a name of something?
- Old World upright plant grown especially for its large flat edible seeds but also as fodder
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spelling: broad bean
- scientific names: Faba bona / species Faba bona / Faba equina / species Faba equina / Faba faba / species Faba faba / Faba major / species Faba major / Faba minor / species Faba minor / Faba sativa / species Faba sativa / Faba vulgaris / species Faba vulgaris / Faba vulgaris pliniana / variety Faba vulgaris pliniana / Orobus faba / species Orobus faba / Vicia esculenta / species Vicia esculenta / Vicia pliniana / species Vicia pliniana / Vicia vulgaris / species Vicia vulgaris / Vicia faba
- synonyms of broad-bean: broad-bean plant / English bean / European bean / field bean
- more generic terms: shell bean / shell bean plant = a bean plant grown primarily for its edible seed rather than its pod
- member of: genus Vicia / Vicia = widely distributed genus of annual or perennial and often climbing herbs
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with broad-bean
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for broad-bean
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Allsopp
broad-bean n (Jmca, StVn) |LIMA BEAN (CarA) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for broad-bean
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of broad-bean to see it in context!