On this page:
Definition of the noun broca's area
What does broca's area mean as a name of something?
- the motor speech center in the left hemisphere of the brain in most people
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of Broca's area: Broca's center / Broca's convolution / Broca's gyrus / convolution of Broca
- more generic terms: center / centre / nerve center / nerve centre = a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
- part of: language area / language zone = a large cortical area (in the left hemisphere in most people) containing all the centers associated with language
Alternative definition of the noun broca's area
- [anatomy] An area of the frontal lobe of the brain associated with the control of speech
Various documents about Broca's area
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
Dictionary - 153 pages
Body Language Dictionary - 782 pages
- 389 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Broca's area
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Broca's area
Photo credit: Plan of the Brachial Plexus
Video about Broca's area
Broca's area Meaning
Video shows what Broca's area means. An area of the frontal lobe of the brain associated with the control of speech.. Broca's area Meaning. How to pronounce ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Broca's area!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Broca's area to see it in context!