On this page:
Definition of the noun bryales
What does bryales mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- category used in some classification systems for mosses having the spore case separated from the capsule wall by a hollow intercellular space
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Bryales: order Bryales
- more generic term: plant order = the order of plants
- member of: Bryopsida / class Bryopsida / class Musci / Musci = true mosses: bryophytes having leafy rather than thalloid gametophytes: comprises orders Andreaeales; Bryales; Dicranales; Eubryales
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bryales
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Allaby
Bryales. (subclass *Bryidae) An order of mediumsized to large *acrocarpous mosses. The leaves are oval to lanceshaped; each usually has a nerve and a border of distinct cells. The *capsule is spherical to cylindrical, inclined or drooping, ...
by Jill Bailey
Orders include the Bryales (e.g. Funaria, Polytrichum, Mnium) and the Sphagnales (e.g. Sphagnum). mucilage Any of various gumlike carbohydrates that swell when wet, becoming slimy and jellylike. See gum. mucopolysaccharide See ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1905)
A universal reference library comprising the arts and sciences ... commerce, etc., of the world by George Edwin Rines, Frederick Converse Beach
Bryales. — The True Mosses ( Fig.
by Douglas M. Considine, Glenn D. Considine
Bryales. The liverworts are generally considered lower in the scale of evolution than the mosses. The thallus, or plant body, of the liverworts is prostrate and flat. When it forks ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bryales
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of B3R1Y4A1L1E1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BRYALES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bryales!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Bryales to find many related words and phrases!