On this page:
- Definition of the noun Bucky
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bucky
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bucky
- Photos about Bucky
- Video language resources about Bucky
- Quotes about Bucky
- Scrabble value of B3U1C3K5Y4
- Anagrams of BUCKY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Bucky
What does Bucky mean as a name of something?
- [British, slang] gun
- Bucky is the name of several fictional characters that were masked superheroes in the Marvel Comics universe. The original one, James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby as a sidekick character in Captain America Comics #1, published by Timely Comics. Decades later, the original Bucky was brought back from supposed death as the Winter Soldier, and even as Captain America when Steve Rogers was presumed to be dead. Sebastian Stan portrays Bucky in the feature film Captain America: The First Avenger and the Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- also known as James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes, Bucky Barnes
- occupation: Soldier, assassin
- created by Jack Kirby, Joe Simon, Steve Epting & Ed Brubaker
- in films:
- Bucky a.k.a. Nomad is the name of a number of superhero characters who have appeared in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The Nomad name and costume was created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Sal Buscema as an alternate identity for the original Captain America, Steve Rogers, in Captain America #180.
- read more about Nomad
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 2012 film Jayne Mansfield's Car.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 2009 film Little Fish, Strange Pond.
- Bucky is a fictional film character.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1996 film Ed.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 2004 film Fat Albert.
- Bucky a.k.a. Baku is a fictional character from the anime tv series Bucky - The Incredible Kid.
- read more about Baku
- Bucky is a fictional character in the 2012 comedy film Crackerjack.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1988 film Eight Men Out.
- Bucky is a fictional character in the 2009 film G-Force.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 2010 film Trigger.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1970 film A Walk in the Spring Rain.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1988 film Little Nikita.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 2006 film Shortbus, portrayed by Lex Vaughn.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1947 film Black Gold.
- Bucky is a fictional character from the 1992 American Western film Unforgiven.
- Bucky is a fictional film character.
- Bucky is a fictional film character.
- Bucky a.k.a. Andy Buck is a fictional character from the 2003 film Jeepers Creepers 2.
- read more about Andy Buck
"Bucky" a.k.a. "Bucky Covington": Bucky Covington is the self-titled debut album of American country music artist Bucky Covington. It was released by Lyric Street Records, the country division of Hollywood Records, on April 17, 2007. The album produced three singles — "A Different World," "It's Good to Be Us," and "I'll Walk" — all of which were Top 20 hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song "Empty Handed" was also featured in the video game NASCAR 08.
- read more about Bucky Covington
- Bucky a.k.a. Barry Watson: Michael Barrett "Barry" Watson is an American actor, known for his roles of Dr. Matthew "Matt" Camden on 7th Heaven, Brian Davis in What About Brian and Todd Deepler in Samantha Who?.
- read more about Barry Watson (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. Bucky Lasek: Charles "Bucky" Lasek is a professional skateboarder and rallycross driver.
- read more about Bucky Lasek
- Bucky a.k.a. Clint Ritchie: Clinton Charles Augustus Ritchie was an American actor.
- read more about Clint Ritchie (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. Sarah G. Buxton: Sarah Galbraith Buxton is an American film and television actress.
- read more about Sarah G. Buxton (actress)
- BUCKY a.k.a. Stephen Martines: Stephen Scott Martines, is an American actor and former model. Martines is sometimes credited as Coltin Scott.
- read more about Stephen Martines (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. Richard Buckman, is a New Zealand rugby union player who plays for the Highlanders in the Super Rugby competition.
- read more about Richard Buckman
- Bucky a.k.a. Shawnette Heard is a choreographer, dancer, actress and film director.
- read more about Shawnette Heard (actress)
- Bucky a.k.a. Adam Bocknek is an actor.
- read more about Adam Bocknek (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. Martin Seja is a singer and a rapper.
- read more about Martin Seja
- Bucky a.k.a. Robert Buchalter is a television producer.
- read more about Robert Buchalter
- Bucky a.k.a. Thomas Buck Mason is an actor.
- read more about Thomas Buck Mason (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. James M. McEwen is a film crewmember of the Visual Effects Department.
- read more about James M. McEwen
- Bucky a.k.a. Michael S. Ruscheinsky is an actor.
- read more about Michael S. Ruscheinsky (actor)
- Bucky a.k.a. Ronald A. Magro is an actor.
- read more about Ronald A. Magro (actor)
Bucky is a musical group.
- album: "All the New Mistakes"
Bucky is a zoo animal.
- zoo: DeYoung Family Zoo
- Bucky is the mascot for Charleston Southern University.
- Bucky is a mascot.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bucky
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Poke a Stick at It (2016)
Unexpected True Stories by Connie Cronley
Bucky is a rescue dog assumed, but not proven, to be a border collie mix. Uhoh. This breed needs lots of...
In the Mainstream (1992)
18 Portraits in Jazz by Chip Deffaa
Bucky is a great believer in spontaneity. "You see, if you make arrangements, they become slick, and you end up doing it the same way all the time. That's no good. You leave that form. If you get the form down, then you can play with it.
A Comprehensive Handbook of Principles and Standards by Steven F Bucky, Joanne E Callan, George Stricker
Bucky has 48 published papers, has made 65 presentations at professional conferences, and was the editor of a book entitled The Impact ofAlcoholism( Hazelden, Inc., 1978). Dr. Bucky is a member of numerous professional organizations, ...
Over 600 Favorite Activities Created by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Bucky. the. Recycle. Beaver. 3+. The students will develop motor skills and an understanding of the need to recycle, while making a recycling bin for home. Materials. needed. 9" x 12" white posterboard oak tag Poster paint or markers Pencils ...
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
The ads featured the cartoon character Bucky Beaver in scenarios such as the “ space man” and “one-man army,” spots in which the mascot fought off evil “decay monsters” from space. The campaign was quite popular and had a lasting impact ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
Bucky banda compression band strapped across the animal's abdomen andtightened to reduce thethickness of tissue and to check respiratory movement during a radiographic procedure. Bucky gridagrid used inradiography to preventthe ...
by Stanley Jablonski
bronchus; brother; Brucella; bruit; buccal; Bucky [film in cassette in Potter- Bucky diaphragm]; Bucky factor; bursa cells; burst[pacemaker]; bypass;byte; colorectal tumor extending into adiposetissue [Dukes classification]; magnetic induction; ...
by Binh Nguyen
html bucky bits buffer buffer /buh'kee bits/ n. 1. obs. The bits produced by the CONTROL and META shift keys on a SAIL keyboard (octal 200 and 400 respectively), ...
by David Dowsett
–Bucky. brightness gain (flux gain) (xray) Ratio of image brightness from the output of an image intensifier...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bucky
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bucky
Click on an item to view that photo:
Taken by Pete
Photo credit: myeralan
The Kohl Center's "Watch Party" for the men's basketball game at Indiana, 2/13/08
Photo credit: sarae
Photo credit: thomyboecker
Tim's Mom Bucky!
Photo credit: mahalie
Photo credit: miche11
Josh's pet rooster
Photo credit: codersquid
- Young Bucky
Photo credit: saschapohflepp
- Bucky Cat
Bucky cat relaxin' on the mantle
Photo credit: mjmonty
- Bucky Balls (TM)
Photo credit: Robbie1
- Bucky Bust
Photo credit: thekirbster
- Bucky Ball Bokeh
Used bucky balls to cover the lens to create a Bokeh
Photo credit: andrusdevelopment
Photo credit: Gustavius
Photo credit: fekaylius
- Bucky Boy & Mu
Bucky Boy visits the MMO rehearsal.
Photo credit: Cambridge Cat
Photo credit: college.library
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bucky
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Bucky!
Quotes about Bucky
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'bucky"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of B3U1C3K5Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BUCKY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bucky!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bucky to see it in context!