On this page:
- Definition of the noun burr
- Definition of the verb burr
- Phrases with Burr
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Burr
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Burr
- Photos about Burr
- Videos about Burr
- Quotes about Burr
- Scrabble value of B3U1R1R1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun burr
What does burr mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: burrs
- seed vessel having hooks or prickles
- rough projection left on a workpiece after drilling or cutting
- United States politician who served as vice president under Jefferson; he mortally wounded his political rival Alexander Hamilton in a duel and fled south (1756-1836)
- rotary file for smoothing rough edges left on a workpiece
- small bit used in dentistry or surgery
Alternative definition of the noun burr
- A sharp, pointy object, such as a sliver or splinter.
- A bur; a seed pod with sharp features that stick in fur or clothing.
- A small piece of material left on an edge after a cutting operation.
- A rough humming sound.
- A rolled "r".
- [obsolete] A metal ring at the top of the hand-rest on a spear.
Definition of the verb burr
What does burr mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: burred | burring | burrs
- remove the burrs from
Alternative definition of the verb burr
- [transitive] To pronounce with a rolled "r".
- [intransitive] To make a rough humming sound.
- Burr is a village in Otoe County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 57 at the 2010 census.
- Burr is an unincorporated community south of Humboldt, Saskatchewan.
- Burr a.k.a. Burr, Texas: Burr, also known as Lawson's Corner or Kriegel Switch, is an Unincorporated community in eastern Wharton County, in the U.S. state of Texas. The small community is situated on Farm to Market Road 1301 to the east of the county seat at Wharton. The settlement was first established just prior to the American Civil War when two plantations were set up in the area. In the 1890s it was a thriving community but by the 1940s it had begun to dwindle. In 2013 there were a few businesses and a number homes and farms in the area.
- read more about Burr, Texas
- Burr a.k.a. Burr, West Virginia: Burr is an unincorporated community in Pocahontas County, West Virginia, United States. Burr is 7.5 miles southeast of Hillsboro.
- read more about Burr, West Virginia
Who is Burr?
Burr: Brent Robert Ross ,also known as Burr, was born on August 13th, 1993 in Chattanooga, Tennessee to James and Angela Ross. He had a twin brother that passed away a few months after birth due to the diseases Sepsis and Pneumonia. His parents were soon convicted of child abuse and drug use and they served 12 years in prison. Brent and his older brother Brandon Ross were raised by their father's parents since Brent was 4 months old. They lived in Kent, Washington until Burr was in the 1st grade, then they moved to Graham, Washington. Brent excelled through school as an honors student. He got the president's award for academic achievement when he graduated the 6th grade. At the end of 7th grade his father passed away due to Hardening of the Arteries. Now Brent is 15 years old and still residing in Washington State with his brother and grandparents.
- official website: www.myspace.com/officialburr
- Burr is a fictional character in the 1984 comedy crime film Johnny Dangerously.
- Burr is a fictional character from a 2013 film Blood in the Grass.
"Burr", by Gore Vidal, is a historical novel that challenges the traditional founding-fathers iconography of United States history, by means of a narrative that includes a fictional memoir, by Aaron Burr, in representing the people, politics, and events of the U.S. in the early nineteenth century.
- also known as "Burr (Modern Library)"
- language: English Language
- genres: History, Historical novel
- subject: United States of America
- released in (43 years ago)
- award: - National Book Award for Fiction nomination for Gore Vidal
- Burr: A burr is a raised edge or small pieces of material remaining attached to a workpiece after a modification process.
- Burr a.k.a. Bur: A bur is a seed or dry fruit or infructescence that has hooks or teeth.
- read more about Bur
- Burr: Burrs are small cutting tools used in die grinders, rotary tools, or dental drills. The name may be considered appropriate when their small-sized head is compared to a bur or their teeth are compared to a metal burr.
- Burr is a website.
- official website: stateofnevada.info/people/Burr
Phrases with Burr
Phrases starting with the word Burr:
- burr oak
- Burr Bush
- burr drill
- Burr Grass
- Burr Sedge
- Burr Medick
- Burr Chervil
- Burr Parsley
- Burr Crayfish
- Burr Cucumber
- burr marigold
- Burr Daisytree
Phrases ending with the word Burr:
View more phrases with the word Burr in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Burr
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Noxious Weeds of Australia (2001)
by William Thomas Parsons, Eric George Cuthbertson
Star burr is a serious competitor with several crops; particularly sugarcane in Argentina, Brazil, India and Mauritius, and cotton and soybeans in Africa, Bolivia and the United States. It not only competes for water and nutrients, but also impedes ...
by J. Paulo Davim
a burr is an undesirable extended surface over the workpiece, which should be avoided orat leastminimized. Pekelharing [PEK 78] wasthefirst to describethe burr formation mechanismin metal cutting. Gillespie [ GIL ...
by Nancy Capace
Nearby is Blennerhassett Island in the Ohio River, where Harman Blennerhassett and Aaron Burr were said to have plotted to conquer the Territory of the United States South of the River Ohio in 1805. Three private dwellings, small garden ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Burr
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Burr
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: rabesphoto
Photo credit: MatHampson
- Burr Trail in Utah
Photo credit: Road Travel America
- Doug Burr
Recording Sessions for Doug Burr's forthcoming record.
Photo credit: Upshaw Imagery
- Sen Burr - NC
Photo by John Swain
Photo credit: Civil Air Patrol
- Burr Trio
Photo credit: gfpeck
- Burr Road, Ut
Photo credit: mkelly6000
- Burr Nichols - The Flower Seller, Venice
Photo credit: irinaraquel
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Burr
Click on an item to play that video:
- Burr meaning and pronunciation
1. A phrase used to describe something cold. 2. When something goes hard.Coined by Gucci Mane, referring to how icy his chains are. Burr definition by Urban ...
- Burr Meaning
Video shows what burr means. A sharp, pointy object, such as a sliver or splinter.. A bur; a seed pod with sharp features that stick in fur or clothing.. A small piece ...
- Director Hari's explanation about his 'Tarrr Burr' cars in the action sequences in Poojai
Do full-fledged heros need sumos and sickle to showcase heroism? Director Hari explains the use and importance of these weapons in his movie Poojai.
See also the pronunciation examples of Burr!
Quotes about Burr
Scrabble value of B3U1R1R1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Burr to see it in context!