On this page:
- Definition of the noun businessman
- Phrases with Businessman
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Businessman
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Businessman
- Photos about Businessman
- Video language resources about Businessman
- Quotes about Businessman
- Scrabble value of B3U1S1I1N1E1S1S1M3A1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun businessman
What does businessman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: businessmen
- a person engaged in commercial or industrial business (especially an owner or executive)
- examples: A businessman is working out some figures with a calculator. | Tom is fitted to become a businessman. | The businessman appeared on television this morning. | The businessman is thinking of receding from the contract. | The businessman didn't dare withdraw from the transaction. | The businessman withdrew from the transaction. | An Indian buyer and a Japanese businessman haggled over the price of the new product. | "Define your terms," requested the businessman at the contract hearings. | A wise businessman knows how to clamp down on costs. | My grandfather was quite a learned man for his time and place but he just wasn't cut out to be a businessman.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of businessman: man of affairs
- more generic words: bourgeois / businessperson = a capitalist who engages in industrial commercial enterprise
- more specific terms:
- amalgamator = a businessman who arranges an amalgamation of two or more commercial companies
- arbitrageur / arbitrager / arb = someone who engages in arbitrage
- big businessman / business leader / top executive / magnate / tycoon / baron / mogul / power / king = a very wealthy or powerful businessman
- industrialist = someone who manages or has significant financial interest in an industrial enterprise
- oilman = a person who owns or operates oil wells
- operator = someone who owns or operates a business
- proprietor / owner = someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business
- small businessman = a businessman who runs a business employing less than 100 people
- suit = a businessman dressed in a business suit
- syndicator = a businessman who forms a syndicate
- transactor = someone who conducts or carries on business or negotiations
- Ezra Cornell / Cornell = United States businessman who unified the telegraph system in the United States and who in 1865 (with Andrew D. White) founded Cornell University
- Edward Henry Harriman / E. H. Harriman / Harriman = United States railway tycoon
- James Jerome Hill / J. J. Hill / Hill = United States railroad tycoon
- Collis Potter Huntington / Huntington = United States railroad executive who built the western section of the first United States transcontinental railroad
- First Baron Marks of Broughton / Simon Marks / Marks = English businessman who created a retail chain
- David Sarnoff / Sarnoff = United States businessman who pioneered in radio and television broadcasting
- Leland Stanford / Stanford = United States railroad executive and founder of Stanford University
- George Stephenson / Stephenson = English railway pioneer who built the first passenger railway in 1825
- Henry Villard / Villard = United States railroad magnate and businessman
- John Wanamaker / Wanamaker = United States businessman whose business grew into one of the first department stores
- Aaron Montgomery Ward / Montgomery Ward / Ward = United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business
- Frank Winfield Woolworth / Woolworth = United States businessman who opened a shop in 1879 selling low-priced goods and built it into a national chain of stores
- Rudolf Wurlitzer / Wurlitzer = United States businessman (born in Germany) who founded a company to make pipe organs
Alternative definition of the noun businessman
- a man in business, one who works at a commercial institution
- synonym: businessperson
Who is Businessman?
Businessman a.k.a. Trentemøller: Anders Trentemøller is a Danish composer and musician.
- read more about Trentemøller
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2014 film Deadly Virtues: Love.Honour.Obey.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2012 film Safe House.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Matrix.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2006 film Thiruttu Payale.
- Businessman Attendant is a fictional character from the 1989 film Santa Sangre.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2011 film Midnight Son.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2012 film Roller Town.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2006 film Tata Birla Madhyalo Laila.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1984 film Professor Dowell's Testament.
- Businessman is a fictional character from Bomber.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2004 comedy-drama film The Terminal.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1994 film It Could Happen to You.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1999 film Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the film Kenny Begins.
- Businessman is a fictional character from The Man Inside.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2011 film Sacrifice.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2012 film Night Bird.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2007 film Indian cowboy.
- Businessman is a fictional character from 2012 family drama Savannah.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Burn After Reading.
- Businessman is a fictional character from Confessions of a Sexist Pig.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Jackson.
- Businessman is a fictional character from Sky People.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Raman Effect.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Girlfriend Experience.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2007 film Spider-Man 3.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1941 film New York Town.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1986 film Samay Ki Dhara.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1989 film Hum Intezaar Karenge.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1995 comedy film Money Train.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Marley and Me.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1948 film Death in the Hand.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2009 film He's Just Not That Into You.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2004 film National Treasure.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1993 film Indecent Proposal.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 2005 film Shopgirl.
- Businessman is a fictional character from the 1989 film New York Stories.
"Businessman" is a 2012 Telugu crime action film written and directed by Puri Jagannadh. It stars Mahesh Babu and Kajal Agarwal in the lead roles. The film was produced by R. R. Venkat and distributed by R. R. Movie Makers. The film was also dubbed into Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi and Hindi languages. The film was released on 13 January 2012 and turned out to be a blockbuster. The film was dubbed and released in Tamil on 7 December 2012. The film was dubbed and released in Malayalam on 28 December 2012. The film was remade in Bengali as Boss and was released on 9 August 2013.
- country: India
- languages: Telugu language, Malayalam Language, Tamil Language
- producer: R. R. Venkat
- cinematography by Shyam K. Naidu
- music by S. Thaman
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction
- released on
- "Businessman" a.k.a. "Business Man": Businessman is the feature film soundtrack of the 2012 crime-action film Businessman starring Mahesh Babu and Kajal Aggarwal. Directed by Puri Jagannath, the film's music and background score was composed by S. Thaman marking his first collaboration with him and Thaman's second collaboration with Mahesh Babu after Dookudu in 2011. The Official Soundtrack Album consists of 6 songs composed by S. Thaman and Bhaskarabhatla Ravikumar penning the lyrics. Being recorded in 2011, the film's Soundtrack Album was launched on December 22, 2011 in a grand promotional event at Shilpakala Vedika, Hyderabad on Aditya Music label. The audio received positive response from both critics and audience alike. Musicperk.com, a famous music website rated Businessman as one of the best albums of the year 2012, rating it 9/10.
- read more about Business Man
- "Businessman" is a musical EP of Kevin Myles Wilson.
- released on
Businessman a.k.a. Industrialist: תעשיין הוא בעל הון המשקיע את הונו בתעשייה, בפיתוח מפעלים ובתי חרושת. דמות התעשיין ותפקידו בכלכלה נוצרו בעת המהפכה התעשייתית במאה ה-18. בתאוריה הקפיטליסטית התעשיין הוא אחד המנועים המרכזיים של הצמיחה הכלכלית בזכות היוזמה האישית, ההשקעה והתחרות ששכרה בצידה.
Phrases with Businessman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Businessman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Fra (1911)
A Journal of Affirmation
THE BUSINESSMAN IS THE MAN WHO GETS THE BUSINESS 25 cents; by the Year, Two Dollars; Foreign Postage, 75 Cents Extra Elbert Hubbard, Editor and Publisher, East Aurora, New York Entered at the Post-office, East Aurora, New ...
Business Strategy (1989)
A Guide to Concepts and Models by Bengt Karloff, Bengt Karlof
In the terminology of modern economics, the word may have the following meaning: A businessman is a person with the ability to understand the need structures of customers and to combine that understanding with knowledge of capital and ...
The Ayn Rand Lexicon (1988)
Objectivism from A to Z by Ayn Rand
The professional businessman is the field agent of the army whose lieutenant- commander-in-chief is the scientist. The businessman carries scientific discoveries from the laboratory of the inventor to industrial plants, and transforms them into ...
by Ewoud Hondius, Christoph Grigoleit
A reasonable businessman is a person who possesses necessary knowledge and proficiency and who acts responsibly and conscientiously.717 II. As mentioned above (Case 8), the law only allow contracts concluded for an indefinite period ...
1920 to the Present by Gene Andrew Jarrett
The big businessman is the modern hero. The average man, that is, the average businessman, is already the ideal, even the idol, of millions of people; and there is a growing tendency for institutions of higher education, physicians, and ...
by Robert P. Murphy
The crypto- businessman is the true revolutionary in a Communist country.” Eric Hoffer, Reflections on ...
by Katherine L. Herbig
A recent example of attempted espionage by a naturalized citizen and successful businessman is the case of John Joungwoong Yai, arrested early in 2003, who sent only publicly available information to North Korea for at least 3 years while ...
by Gardner Dozois
The plumphousewifeor businessman is a starving scarecrow. Still,eventhen care and nursing can stillrestore health. Then itgets worse. Dissolution attacksthe nervous system.Blindness begins. Theflesh of the gums recedes,and the teeth fall ...
From Predators to Icons (2009)
Exposing the Myth of the Business Hero by Michel Villette, Catherine Vuillermot, George Holoch
The businessman is the central point of this coalition, which is brought together to do deals and which includes investors and lenders, customers and potential customers, employees, and finally representatives of the political and administrative ...
Dimensions of the Midwestern Literary Imagination by Philip A. Greasley
The Businessman: A Tale of Terror (1984) by Thomas ...
Volume 11: Agriculture and Industry by Melissa Walker, James C. Cobb
businessman and philanthropist. The youngest of three children of Washington Duke and Artelia Roney Duke, James Buchanan Duke was born in Orange (now Durham) County, N.C., on 23 December 1856.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Businessman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Businessman
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: aromano
Lisboa | Portugal
Photo credit: .MiguelCorreia.
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
Photo credit: TheTurducken
Photo credit: Drew Coffman
- Shinjuku businessman
Photo credit: a hundred visions and revisions
- Running businessman.
Business challenge isolated on white
Photo credit: billadrian96
- Businessman Asiatico
Hyde Park - Businessman Asiatico
Photo credit: graziano88
- Clearly a businessman
Photo credit: darkripper
- Mafia...or just businessman
Photo credit: erik ERXON
- American businessman in China
American businessman in China.
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Businessman on Broadway
Flatiron Building in the background. New York City
Photo credit: Boss Tweed
View more pictures about The Businessman.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Businessman
Click on an item to play that video:
- Businessman Meaning
Video shows what businessman means. a man in business, one who works at a commercial institution. businessman synonyms: businessperson. businessman ...
- Mahesh Babu's businessman dialog with American slang
Young kid from Atlanta (Neeraj) inspired by Prince's message in BusinessMan. He repeats his dialog with American accent. Very fun to watch!
- 23 The Meaning of Carefree Businessman 30 11 99
See also the pronunciation examples of Businessman!
Quotes about Businessman
Scrabble value of B3U1S1I1N1E1S1S1M3A1N1
The value of this 11-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Businessman to see it in context!