Byte appears in the following tongue twister:
- To put a pipe in byte mode, type PIPE_TYPE_BYTE.
(from the Visual C++ help file)
Byte appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Cigar to set a frat society ban, if in a byte I co-star: fate so tragic.
- One life disc is a byte fastener a web deity tied… beware, Net safety basics I defile, no?
On this page:
Definition of the noun byte
What does byte mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bytes
- a sequence of 8 bits (enough to represent one character of alphanumeric data) processed as a single unit of information
Specialised definition of the noun byte
Glossary of electronics
a grouping of 8 binary bits
- Byte magazine was an American microcomputer magazine, influential in the late 1970s and throughout the 1980s because of its wide-ranging editorial coverage. Whereas many magazines from the mid-1980s had been dedicated to the MS-DOS platform or the Mac, mostly from a business or home user's perspective, Byte covered developments in the entire field of "small computers and software", and sometimes other computing fields such as supercomputers and high-reliability computing. Coverage was in-depth with much technical detail, rather than user-oriented. Print publication ceased in 1998 and online publication in 2013.
- official website: www.byte.com
- The Byte is a small one-design sailing dinghy sailed by one person. It is was designed by Canadian Ian Bruce, who also commissioned and marketed the Laser.
- Byte [Computer Superstores Ltd] was a retail venture of Specialist Computer Holdings Ltd in the United Kingdom which from 1993 sold primarily computer hardware, software and accessories in large stores on retail parks,. The company was acquired by PC World in 1998 who re-branded or closed each store - leaving the Byte name to no longer exist.
Phrases with Byte
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Byte
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Teodor Rus, Daniela Rus
• The byte: A byte is a memory access element that can accommodate an information unit chosen to store the numerical value associated with ...
by Mario Böhmer
The first byte is the command type. It defines what kind of message is transmitted. The commands used in the demokit application are command types for servos, LEDs, the temperature sensor, and many others. The second byte is the actual ...
Concepts and Methodology by Teodor Rus, Dana Rus
The byte: A byte is a memory access element that can accommodate an information unit chosen to store the numerical value...
Video Demystified (2011)
A Handbook for the Digital Engineer by Keith Jack
The first byte is a nondisplay control byte with a range of 0x10 ...
C Programming for Arduino (2013)
by Julien Bayle
The first byte is the number (ID) of the switch that is pushed/released; here, it is not a variable because we have one and only one switch, so it is an integer 0. The second byte is the switch state. We just saw here a nice design pattern involving ...
U-M Computing News (1988)
The fourth byte is the EOX (end of exclusive) command, after which other synthesizers not made by Roland can again pay attention to the bit stream. If a piece of micro software is to import a patch from a particular manufacturer's synthesizer as ...
Wrong Turn, the First of His Adventures by Meredith Mammano
Diga Byte is a small chubby worm who lives in a family's computer.
History, Semiology, and Transgression in the Indian Traditions by Christian K Wedemeyer
For instance, byte is a technical term in computer science referring typically to eight units of digital information. Bit, however, is a term of art, referring to one such unit in the context of computing, yet its primary meaning is more general— simply, ...
by Abhishek Singh
Following the length byte is a 4- byte subnet mask value. 5.3. Conclusion. DHCP and DNS protocols are very important protocols. DNS protocol is prone to ...
by Rudolf F. Graf
byte— l. A single group of bits processed together (in parallel), usually,r 8 hits. 2.
by Philip A. Laplante
byte in ...
Including dimensionless numbers and scales by H. G. Jerrard
Byte The minimum amount of storage required by a computer to store an alphanumeric character or other special characters (e.g. space, question mark, plus sign etc.). Each character has a unique combination of 0 and 1 bits making 8 bits in ...
by Xerxes Mazda, Fraidoon Mazda
ZBTSI: Zero Byte Time Slot Interchange. zenith: A point on the line from the Earth's centre directly above the observer's head. It is farther from the centre than the observer. One of the two poles of the horizon, the other being the nadir. zero bit ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Byte
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Byte
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Byte
Click on an item to play that video:
- Byte Meaning
Video shows what byte means. A sequence of adjacent bits (binary digits) that can be operated on as a unit by a computer; the smallest usable machine word; ...
- How Java Byte code worksBipush, istore, iload, iadd, ireturn Explanation
How java's interpreter execute Java Byte code. Explanation of Java byte code.
- Brand Byte #1-Brand Vocabulary
- Balka Suman Byte on KCR explanation on EC notice issue
- The Byte Sized McKenna - How to Discover Meaning in the Universe
It begins with synchronicity, first gradual and then rapid. This level of awareness to the significance inherent in reality is not overwhelming. But at the peak of a ...
- Briggs & Riley Verb Medium Byte Brief
- FACS 4934 - Language is a Virus - Sound byte
- Briggs & Riley Verb Medium Byte Brief
See also the pronunciation examples of Byte!
Scrabble value of B3Y4T1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine