Caddie appears in the following tongue twister:
- How many rats would the ruskies roast if the ruskies could roast rats?
How many cats would a caddie catch if a caddie could catch cats?
On this page:
- Definition of the noun caddie
- Definition of the verb caddie
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caddie
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caddie
- Photos about Caddie
- Video about Caddie
- Quotes about Caddie
- Scrabble value of C3A1D2D2I1E1
- Anagrams of CADDIE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun caddie
What does caddie mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: caddies
- an attendant who carries the golf clubs for a player
Alternative definition of the noun caddie
- [golf] A golfer's assistant and adviser.
- A lightweight wheeled cart, often fitted with shelves or racks.
- A lightweight freestanding rack designed to hold accessories.
- A small tray with a handle and compartments for holding items.
- A small wheeled cart attached to a bicycle and used as a conveyance for a child.
- A tea caddy.
Specialised definition of the noun caddie
Glossary of sports / golf
a person who carries a player's clubs and may assist with advice, in accordance with the rules. Sometimes spelled "caddy."
someone who assists a golfer during a round, by carrying the clubs and advising on choice of club
Definition of the verb caddie
What does caddie mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: caddied, caddies, caddying
- act as a caddie and carry clubs for a player
Alternative definition of the verb caddie
- [intransitive] To serve as a golf caddie.
"Caddie" is an Australian film, directed by Donald Crombie, released in 1976, representative of the Australian film renaissance which occurred during that decade. Set mainly in Sydney during the 1920s and 1930s, including the Great Depression, it portrays the life of a young middle class woman struggling to raise two children after her marriage breaks up. Based on Caddie, the Story of a Barmaid, a partly fictitious autobiography of Catherine "Caddie" Edmonds, it made Helen Morse a local star and earned Jacki Weaver and Melissa Jaffer each an Australian Film Institute Award.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- producer: Anthony Buckley
- production design by Owen Williams
- art direction by Owen Williams
- written by Joan Long
- based on a story by Caddie Marsh
- cinematography by Peter James
- edited by Tim Wellburn
- music by Patrick Flynn
- costume design by Judith Dorsman
- genres: Romance Film, Docudrama, Melodrama, Biographical film, Drama, Family
- released on (39 years ago)
- AACTA Award for Best Lead Actress nomination for Helen Morse
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Melissa Jaffer
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Jacki Weaver
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Drew Forsythe
- AACTA Award for Best Film nomination for Anthony Buckley
- Australian Film Institute Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Joan Long
- AACTA Award for Best Editing nomination for Tim Wellburn
- AACTA Award for Best Lead Actress, received by Helen Morse
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress, received by Melissa Jaffer
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Drew Forsythe
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress, received by Jacki Weaver
- Caddie is a fictional character from the 2007 film Sinner.
- Caddie is a fictional film character.
- Caddie a.k.a. Caddie Woodlawn is a fictional character from the book Caddie Woodlawn.
- read more about Caddie Woodlawn
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caddie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Golfers Magazine (1919)
by Crafts Wright Higgins
Being A Caddie EING a caddie means a good deal more than just following a player around the course and hand_ ing...
The good caddie is a good fellow, an honest worker, an earnest partner, a responsible employee, a pleasure to all who ...
Nurturing Your Golfing Soul While Enjoying an Incomparable Irish Experience by Bill Ruskin with Brian Keogh
ThisclubinCountyMeathbecame PhotoCredit:Laytownand BettystownGolfClub Caddies The caddie is a dying breed and while you will find experienced loopers to carry your bag (or even two bags) at courses such as Portmarnock, Royal ...
The Spectator (1906)
The caddie is a luxury of the rich, but the wealthy members ...
Volume 16: Sports and Recreation by Harvey H. Jackson III
The black caddie was a familiar figure in the segregated South, expected to serve in this traditionally deferential and submissive service role. The Robert Redford film The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000), set in 1930s Georgia, mythologized ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
2003 caddie shack noun any small building where golf caddies congregate and wait for work US • Later in the day, when the jobs were being passed out, you would engage in profane and bloody ...
Words and Phrases. Being a Compilation of All Words, Phrases and Maxims which Have Been Defined, Construed, Interpreted Or Applied in Virginia and West Virginia Cases and in the Codes of Those States, Combined with a Digest of Virginia and West Virginia Cases and Principles of Law as Therein Applied by Fred P. Caldwell
Caddie, 35 W. Va. 73, 12 S. E. 1098. In an indictment for giving liquor ...
by Diagram Group
caddie Person who carries a player's clubs and gives advice. chip Short, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caddie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Caddie
Click on an item to view that photo:
- ~ Caddie ~
Photo credit: DaMongMan
- Littlest Caddie
Photo credit: schnaars
- '37 Caddie
1937 Cadillac 60
Photo credit: F. D. Richards
- Mendiante au caddie
Photo credit: jfgornet
- Caddie Hood Ornament
Photo credit: CDay DaytimeStudios w/1,000,000 views
- Caddie lib'
Photo credit: Sunfox
- Debbie dans le caddie
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 80mm f/2.8
Kodak Portra 160NC
Photo credit: Christopher Crouzet
- Caddie Contest Winner
Photo credit: Secret in the Dirt
- Black Iguana Caddie
Photo credit: deneyterrio
View more pictures about Caddie Woodlawn.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Caddie
Video shows what caddie means. A lightweight freestanding rack designed to hold accessories.. A lightweight wheeled cart, often fitted with shelves or racks.
See also the pronunciation examples of Caddie!
Quotes about Caddie
Scrabble value of C3A1D2D2I1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CADDIE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Caddie!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Caddie to see it in context!