On this page:
Definition of the noun cager
What does cager mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cagers
- an athlete who plays basketball
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of cager: basketball player / basketeer
- more generic words: athlete / jock = a person trained to compete in sports
- more specific words:
- center = the person who plays center on a basketball team
- dribbler = a basketball player who is dribbling the ball to advance it
- dunker = a basketball player who is able to make dunk shots
- forward = the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- guard = the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
Alternative definition of the noun cager
- A basketball player.
- A person who drives an automobile, particularly for commuting.
Specialised definition of the noun cager
Glossary of sports / basketball
a basketball player; derived from the days when a wire mesh barrier surrounded the court to protect the fans from the players and vice versa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for cager
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bev Brinson, Bryce Ludwig
Cager is a motorcycle and scooter slang term for those driving cars, ...
Preceded by a History of Cant and Vulgar Language : with Glossaries of Two Secret Languages by John C. Hotten
Cager, or gager, the old cant term for a man. The exclusives in the Universities apply the term cad to all non-members. CAD, an omnibus conductor. CADGE, to beg in an artful or wheedling manner. — North. CADGING, begging of the lowest ...
udarbeidet efter de bedste og nyeste ordbøger by Christian Friderich Bay
Fadmaler, a Cager.
by Paul Zollo
AJ-ING badging cadging Long AJ-LESS ageless cageless pageless rageless sageless stageless wageless Long AJ-MENT assuagement disengagement encagement engagement Long AJ-UR assuager cager engager gauger major pager ...
by John Grasso
Members of the 1966 team that played in the historic game were Jerry Armstrong, Orsten Artis, Louis Baudoin, Willie Cager, Harry Flournoy, Bobby Joe Hill, Dave Lattin, Nevil Shed, and Willie Worsley. Other notable players in school history ...
by Patrick Hanks
Cadenhead 267 Cager Antonio (2), Federico, Filiberto, Marco Antonio. Cadenhead (432) Scottish: topographic or habitational name for someone who lived at the head of Caddon Water in the parish of Stow in the Scottish Borders. Cadet (419) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for cager
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about cager
Click on an item to view that photo:
Co. D, 68th U. S. C. Infantry
Photo credit: jajacks62
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about cager
Video shows what cager means. A basketball player.. A person who drives an automobile, particularly for commuting.. cager pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
Scrabble value of C3A1G2E1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine