Call the Shots
is an acrostic for cts.
On this page:
Definition of the verb call the shots
What does call the shots mean as a doing phrase?
- exercise authority or be in charge
Alternative definition of the verb call the shots
- [idiomatic, chiefly US] To make the decisions; to be in charge; to give orders.
- synonym: call the tune
- "Call the Shots" is a song by British girl group Girls Aloud from their fourth studio album, Tangled Up. The song was written by Miranda Cooper, with inspiration from an article about the advance of women in business, and Brian Higgins, Tim Powell, Lisa Cowling, and Giselle Somerville also received songwriting credits. Polydor Records originally intended to release it as a single for The Sound of Girls Aloud: The Greatest Hits; however, "Something Kinda Ooooh" was selected instead. In September 2007, "Call the Shots" leaked online, and on 26 November of the same year, it was released as the second single from Tangled Up through Fascination Records, a week after the album's release.
- "Call the Shots" is a musical single of Girls Aloud.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Call the Shots" is a musical single of Art of Tones & Jaw.
- released on (5 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Call the Shots
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
More Than 10,000 Idioms and Collocations by Yuri Dolgopolov
call one's shots • call the shots call one's shots—1. tell in advance the result of a ...
by Elizabeth Jewell
call the shots (or tune) be in charge or command, rule the roost, be in the driver's seat, be in the saddle, be at ...
by Cambridge University Press
call the shots to be the person who controls or organizes a situation 0 You're the boss here - you get to call the shots. PHRASAL VERBS with call • call back ( someone) [M] to telephone someone who has telephoned you, often to answer a ...
by Eric Partridge
131, 1995 ▻ call the shots to be in a position of power; to direct the actions ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Call the Shots
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Call the Shots
If you need images about Call the Shots for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Call the Shots
Click on an item to play that video:
- Idiom Call the Shots - Learn English Idioms With Easy Examples
The idiom "call the shots" means to take charge or make decisions. Therefore, somebody who calls the shot is the person who is in power to make important ...
- Call the shots Meaning
Video shows what call the shots means. To make the decisions, to be in charge, to give orders.. Call the shots Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Idiom: CALL THE SHOTS
The idiom CALL THE SHOTS defined by Ellie from London in the United Kingdom. Facebook Page...
See also the pronunciation examples of Call the Shots!
Quotes about Call the Shots
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Call the Shots to see it in context!