The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun campaign:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb campaign:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun campaign
- Definition of the verb campaign
- Phrases with Campaign
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Campaign
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Campaign
- Photos about Campaign
- Videos about Campaign
- Sign language
- Quotes about Campaign
- Scrabble value of C3A1M3P3A1I1G2N1
- Anagrams of CAMPAIGN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun campaign
What does campaign mean as a name of something?
Campaign is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: campaigns
- a race between candidates for elective office
- example: I managed his campaign for governor
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonyms of campaign: political campaign / run
- more generic word: race = any competition
- more specific terms:
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
- example: he supported populist campaigns
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of campaign: cause / crusade / drive / effort / movement
- more generic word: venture = any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome
- more specific terms:
- advertising campaign / ad campaign / ad blitz = an organized program of advertisements
- anti-war movement = a campaign against entering or continuing a war
- charm campaign = a campaign of flattery and friendliness (by a company, politician, etc.) to become more popular and gain support
- consumerism = a movement advocating greater protection of the interests of consumers
- political campaign / electioneering / campaigning / candidature / candidacy = the campaign of a candidate to be elected
- fund-raising campaign / fund-raising effort / fund-raising drive = a campaign to raise money for some cause
- women's liberation movement / feminist movement / women's lib / feminism = the movement aimed at equal rights for women
- gay liberation movement / gay lib = the movement aimed at liberating homosexuals from legal or social or economic oppression
- lost cause = a defeated cause or a cause for which defeat is inevitable
- reform = a campaign aimed to correct abuses or malpractices
- war = a concerted campaign to end something that is injurious
- youth movement / youth crusade = political or religious or social reform movement or agitation consisting chiefly of young people
- several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of campaign: military campaign
- more generic terms: military operation / operation = activity by a military or naval force
- more specific terms: military expedition / hostile expedition / expedition = a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
- Dardanelles campaign / Dardanelles = the unsuccessful campaign in World War I (1915) by the English and French to open a passage for aid to Russia
- Okinawa campaign / Okinawa = a campaign in the closing days of World War II in the Pacific (April to June 1945); in savage close-quarter fighting United States marines and regular army troops took the island from the Japanese
- Petersburg Campaign / Petersburg = the final campaign of the American Civil War
- Wilderness Campaign = American Civil War
- an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
Alternative definition of the noun campaign
- A series of operations undertaken to achieve a set goal; as, an election campaign, a military campaign, an advertising campaign.
Definition of the verb campaign
What does campaign mean as a doing word?
Campaign is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: campaigned | campaigning | campaigns
- run, stand, or compete for an office or a position
- lexical domain: Competition - verbs of fighting, athletic activities
- synonym of campaign: run
- more generic words: race / run = compete in a race
- more specific words:
- exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
- go on a campaign; go off to war
Alternative definition of the verb campaign
- [intransitive] To take part in a campaign.
"Campaign" is a strategy war game developed and pusblished by Empire Interactive. It was released in 1992 for DOS and in 1993 for the Amiga and Atari ST.
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Empire Interactive
- genres: Strategy video game, Simulation video game
- publisher: Empire Interactive
- released in (23 years ago)
"Campaign" is the 1997 drama film written by Yitzhak Ginsberg and directed by Shmuel Hasfari.
- starring: Yisrael Poliakov
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Campaign" is a coffee table book by Shia LaBeouf and Karolyn Pho which is attached to the project that accompanies Marilyn Manson's eighth album, Born Villain. It was released on August 28, 2011 by LaBeouf's Grassy Slope Entertainment production company through various retailers.
- "Campaign" a.k.a. "Campaign!" is a book by Rodney Tyler.
- also known as "Campaign!: the selling of the prime minister"
- "Campaign" is a written work.
- author: Marilyn Manson
Campaign a.k.a. Campaign, Tennessee: Campaign is an unincorporated community in Warren County, Tennessee, United States. Its ZIP code is 38550. The Collins River passes to the northwest of Campaign, while the Rocky River passes to the east.
- read more about Campaign, Tennessee
- Campaign: In role-playing games, a campaign is a continuing storyline or set of adventures, typically involving the same characters. The purpose of the continuing storyline is to introduce a further aspect into the game: that of development, improvement, and growth of the characters. In a campaign, a single session becomes a scene or an act within an overall story arc. At its inception, a campaign may or may not have a defined conclusion. A campaign by definition spans more than one session of play. Certain aspects of the game are nearly always constant throughout a campaign: the setting, the players, and the gamemaster. The gamemaster for a campaign is said to run the campaign.
- Campaign is the leading weekly UK trade magazine published by the Haymarket Media Group about the advertising and commercial media industry, known as "the Bible of British adland".
- also known as Campaign Magazine
- Campaign is a marketing campaign.
- award: - Clio Award for Film nomination for Hjaltelin Stahl & Co
- Campaign is a documentary film series directed by Kazuhiro Soda.
- Campaign a.k.a. Go Back is a marketing campaign.
- read more about Go Back
- Campaign: A campaign is a series of military operations undertaken to achieve a large-scale objective during a military conflict or war.
Phrases with Campaign
Phrases starting with the word Campaign:
Phrases ending with the word Campaign:
- ad campaign
- charm campaign
- naval campaign
- Rumor Campaign
- sales campaign
- Smear campaign
- senate campaign
- okinawa campaign
- Whisper Campaign
- military campaign
- political campaign
- petersburg campaign
- whispering campaign
- wilderness campaign
- advertising campaign
- dardanelles campaign
- front-porch campaign
- fund-raising campaign
View more phrases with the word Campaign in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Campaign
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A presidential campaign is the use of information transmitted through a system of signs including language and images to influence voting behavior. Berger & Calabrese (1975) and Shannon & Weaver (1949) argue that uncertainty is the ...
A Practical Guide Forward by David S. Anderson, Richard E. Miller
Overview A campaign is an approach often used with health and safety communications.
Building a Data Warehouse (2007)
With Examples in SQL Server by Vincent Rainardi
A campaign is a communication sent to customers regularly or on an ad hoc basis via e-mail, post, RSS, or text messages and containing marketing promotions (cross-sale, up sale, and so on) or notifications. Weekly newsletters, new product ...
The Asthma Handbook (2012)
A Definitive Guide to the Causes,Symptoms and all the Latest Treatments by Lewis , Jenny With The National Asthma Campaign
THE NATIONAL ASTHMA Campaign is the major charity in Britain for people with asthma.
The National Asthma Campaign is a medical charity which was officially formed in 1990 from the amalgamation of the Asthma Research Council, the ...
Case Studies of State Activities : a Report
Overview The “None for Under 21” campaign is a public safety initiative of the Ohio Department of Public Safety. It was created in 1994 with State Highway Safety 402 funds to stimulate youth alcohol prevention activities. While this campaign is ...
Tribal Voting Behaviour (1982)
A Study of Bihar Tribes by S. N. Mishra, L. M. Prasad, Kushal Sharma
Election campaign Election campaign is a very important part of the electioneering. It is very difficult to say ...
by Robert L. Heath
A campaign is the strategic design of a series of messages sent to one or more targeted publics for a discrete period of time...
The key to the definition of a campaign is that it is created by an organization, such as a profit-oriented corporation, ...
The Palestinians (2003)
In Search of a Just Peace by Cheryl Rubenberg
The Boycott Israeli Goods Campaign is an international movement to stop governments from importing products that originate in the Occupied Territories and increasingly from Israel in general. Where governments fail to respond, it works to ...
Performing Arts Management (2008)
A Handbook of Professional Practices by Tobie S. Stein, Jessica Bathurst
Feiner explains, “As stated previously, a capital campaign is a specific fundraising program to sec1ure financial resources to help effect upgrades/ improvements to the physical plant of the nonprofit organization (e.g., refurbishment of the ...
An Encyclopedia of Lobbying, Political Influence, and Corruption by Amy Handlin
See also: Campaign Finance Reform (Federal) Robert North Roberts Suggested Reading Baldino, Thomas J., and Kyle L. Kreider. (2011). U.S. Election Campaigns: A Documentary and Reference Guide. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC- CLIO.
by Teresa L. Thompson
Additionally, itmakes it extremely challenging to assessthe effectivenessofthe campaign, as exposure to campaign activities was cutshort and the target audience didnot getthe fullexposure as intended. Itis recommended that funds for be ...
by John A. Wagner
THIE ́RACHE CAMPAIGN initiator of a scheme to manipulate the wool trade, which ultimately failed and resulted in the Crown's issuance of the DORDRECHT BONDS. The government also continued to collect various feudal aids and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Campaign
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Campaign
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about political campaign.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Campaign
Click on an item to play that video:
- Write In Sticker Campaign explanation on BNN
- Israeli Political Foes Battle Over Meaning of Zionism in Bitter Election Campaign
What is Zionism? The seemingly antiquated philosophical question has gained urgency in an Israeli election campaign where the liberal opposition has ...
- LANDO WILKINS || B.A.D. BORN A DEFINITION CAMPAIGN
- Geoff's Campaign Explanation
- AAP uses slang during LS Campaign
AAP uses slang during LS Campaign For more content go to...
- Nour El Assaad's Definition of a Woman - #DefineAWoman Viral Campaign
Women's Health is a topic highly understated nowadays. The World Women's Health & Development Forum aims to shed light on this topic. Record your own ...
- Campaign Meaning
Video shows what campaign means. A series of operations undertaken to achieve a set goal.. An open field; a large, open plain without considerable hills; ...
- Define meaning indigogo campaign
- Indiegogo Campaign Explanation Video
- #LETWILLBACK #CSU "Campaign" Explanation/Thank You
- Mount & Blade: Warband Campaign Explanation
- Battle for Sion: Campaign Point Explanation
See how Tabletop Gaming Center is running campaign points for the Battle for Sion.
- McCollum in explanation mode trying to get campaign back on track
Andy Fox reports.
- A New Definition for Marketing Campaign
- DPM: Meaning of Anti-Valentine's Day campaign
Deputy Prime Minister says the anti-Valentine's Day campaign is to educate Muslims that it is "not appropriate" for them to practise Valentine's Day.
- A Different Definition of Beauty Campaign
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = election campaign publicity
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights Campaign What are Human Rights Definition
- Definition of SINCERIOUSLY. Stephen Amell campaign
- Definition - Campaign of Denigration, Dr. Amy Baker
- Cartoon Network Verb Campaign
- Football and Hurling stars support GAA Irish language campaign
The GAA's Coiste na Gaeilge is pleased to confirm that some of the Association's top footballers and hurlers have agreed to participate in a campaign to raise ...
- Gesture Politics: Election Campaign Body Language
- StarHub's Go Local Campaign - Language
- Inclusive Language Campaign - David
- Indiegogo Campaign for a Cree Language Classroom in Montreal
Visit the Indiegogo funding site here...
- Passion Language - Indiegogo Campaign
- AFAAN! Join the Oromo Language Revolution. Online Campaign Now | Nov. 23: Fundraising in Minnesota
AFAAN! Join the Oromo Language Revolution. Online Campaign Now | Nov. 23: Fundraising in Minnesota == PLEASE PLEDGE NOW ONLINE ...
- Inclusive Language Campaign - Kevin
All Niter 2012.
- Real Nappy Campaign Video (English language)
Real Nappy Campaign Video.
See also the pronunciation examples of Campaign!
Cal Bowman's campaign announcement in Sign Language
Cal Bowman is running for Delegate in Maryland District 8. In this video he makes his campaign announcement in American Sign Language. He asks for not ...
Quotes about Campaign
The campaign against the death penalty has been - while a powerful campaign, its participants have been those who attend all of the vigils, a relatively small number of people. (Angela Davis)
more quotes about campaign...
Scrabble value of C3A1M3P3A1I1G2N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CAMPAIGN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Campaign!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Campaign to see it in context!