The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun campaigner:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun campaigner
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Campaigner
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Campaigner
- Photos about Campaigner
- Video about Campaigner
- Quotes about Campaigner
- Scrabble value of C3A1M3P3A1I1G2N1E1R1
- Anagrams of CAMPAIGNER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun campaigner
What does campaigner mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: campaigners
- a politician who is running for public office
- example: The eloquent campaigner was elected hands down.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of campaigner: candidate / nominee
- more generic terms: pol / political leader / politician / politico = a person active in party politics
- more specific terms:
- dark horse = a political candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly
- favorite son = a United States politician favored mainly in his or her home state
- running mate = a nominee for the lesser of two closely related political offices
- spoiler = a candidate with no chance of winning but who may draw enough votes to prevent one of the leading candidates from winning
- stalking-horse = a candidate put forward to divide the Opposition or to mask the true candidate
- write-in candidate / write-in = a candidate for public office whose name does not appear on the ballot and so must be written on the ballot by the voters
Alternative definition of the noun campaigner
- A person who has served in a military campaign
- [context: by extension] A military veteran
- A person who campaigns for a person running for political office
- Someone with experience in a certain field.
Campaigner is a fictional character from the 1992 film Batman Returns.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Campaigner
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cheryl Law
Rackham, Clara ( women's rights campaigner) Rathbone, Eleanor (Independent politician/social reformer) Rhondda, Viscountess: see Thomas, Margaret Haig Rolls, Eleanor Shelley ...
by William Safire
chronic campaigner Characterization of Richard Nixon by President Lyndon Johnson, in angry dismissal of a Nixon analysis of Vietnam policy. In the 1966 congressional campaign, former Vice President Richard Nixon was the ...
by Martin Manser
campaigner n ...
by Elizabeth M. Dowling, W. George Scarlett
One fervent campaigner against this discrimination was Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Tutu, who retired as the Anglican archbishop of Cape Town in 1996, had been a ...
by Paul R. Bartrop
(AP Photo/Oleg ably the best-known campaigner on the issue of international complicity. Ratko Mladic ́, the commanding officer of Bosnian Serb forces throughout the Bosnian War Hasan Nuhanovic ́, a Bosniak survivor of Srebrenica and ...
THE WOMEN ENCYCLOPEDIA (2014)
by J K Monday
Malala Yousafzai – A strong & courageous teenage girl, Education campaigner. Q: Your Courageousness, The whole world admire your courage to resist the denial of your right to education in your country, Pakistan. Do you advice other girls ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Campaigner
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Campaigner
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Campaigner
Video shows what campaigner means. A person who has served in a military campaign.. A military veteran.. A person who campaigns for a person running for ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Campaigner!
Quotes about Campaigner
Scrabble value of C3A1M3P3A1I1G2N1E1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CAMPAIGNER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Campaigner!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Campaigner to see it in context!