Caparison appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- No, sir, a pack radar often asks a net for a dark caparison.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun caparison:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun caparison
- Definition of the verb caparison
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caparison
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caparison
- Photos about Caparison
- Video about Caparison
- Scrabble value of C3A1P3A1R1I1S1O1N1
- Anagrams of CAPARISON
- Share this page
Definition of the noun caparison
What does caparison mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: caparisons
- stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse
Definition of the verb caparison
What does caparison mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: caparisoned | caparisoning | caparisons
- put a caparison on
- example: caparison the horses for the festive occasion
- lexical domain: Creation - verbs of sewing, baking, painting, performing
- synonyms of caparison: bard / barde / dress up
- more generic words: adorn / beautify / decorate / embellish / grace / ornament = make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
Alternative definition of the verb caparison
- To dress up a horse or elephant with ornamental coverings.
Caparison: A caparison is a covering, or cloth, laid over a horse or other animal, especially a pack animal, or horse of state. In modern times, it is used mainly for decoration in parades and for historical reenactments. A similar term is horse-trapper.The word is of Spanish origin, derived from an augmentative form of the Latin word caput, "head".
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caparison
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Johann Georg Heck
black, with white lace ; red sabretache, with white cypher, the death's-head on the cap ; black caparison, with red and white trimmings ; black belts ; Hungarian saddle. The 7th regiment : black, with yellow lace. The 4th : brown, with yellow ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
CAPABLE—CAPARISON. or dignity; in ship-building, a strong, thick block of wood fixed near the top of each mast; it has a hole to receive the upper end of the lower mast, and another to receive the lower end of the topmast, with eyebolts to ...
by David Crystal
' cap-a-pe adv |кар-э-"ре: sp cap-a-pe', capape' caparison / ~ ed ...
CAPARISON 64 Caparison, (ka-par'e- sun) ...
by Oxford University Press
for the use of schools, foreigners, etc. on the plan of Sheridan by Stephen Jones, Thomas Sheridan
Caparison, ki- pir-y-son, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caparison
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Caparison
If you need images about Caparison for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Caparison
Video shows what caparison means. The often ornamental coverings for an animal, especially a horse or an elephant.. Gay or rich clothing.. Caparison Meaning ...
Scrabble value of C3A1P3A1R1I1S1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine