Cardinal Compass Point
On this page:
Definition of the noun cardinal compass point
What does cardinal compass point mean as a name of something?
- one of the four main compass points
- lexical domain: Relations - nouns denoting relations between people or things or ideas
- more generic terms: compass point / point = any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass
- more specific terms:
- due north / northward / north / N = the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- due east / eastward / east / E = the cardinal compass point that is at 90 degrees
- due south / southward / south / S = the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- due west / westward / west / W = the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cardinal Compass Point
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Revised Full-Color Edition by Merrill C. Tenney
map specimens may be oriented to N or S or E or W, while in still other cases they are composed seemingly without reference to a cardinal compass point, or one and the same map may show reference to more than one compass point.
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
Cardinal compass point at 90 degrees from due north and directly opposite west. 2. Direction of earth's axial rotation. 3. Eastern part of a geographical region or geopolitical area. Ant. West. Cf. North; South.
by Xuhua Chen
the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees 2. any region lying in or toward ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cardinal Compass Point
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: