Cargo appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Remit Rome cargo to go to Grace Mortimer.
- Dog foe cargo temple, help me to grace of God.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cargo:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cargo
- Phrases with Cargo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cargo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cargo
- Photos about Cargo
- Video language resources about Cargo
- Quotes about Cargo
- Scrabble value of C3A1R1G2O1
- Anagrams of CARGO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cargo
What does cargo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cargoes / cargos (less preferred form)
- goods carried by a large vehicle
- examples: A cargo vessel, bound for Athens, sank in the Mediterranean without a trace. | The ship discharged its cargo in Panama. | Khaki shorts with cargo pockets do not make you an adventurer. | The cargo ship arrived four hours early. | This is a cargo ship, not a passenger ship. | It's a cargo ship. | The police suspected the truck's cargo. | The cargo was too heavy. The driver couldn't take it.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cargo: consignment / freight / lading / load / loading / payload / shipment
- more generic words: merchandise / product / ware = commodities offered for sale
Alternative definition of the noun cargo
- Freight carried by a ship, aircraft etc.
- (Papua New Guinea) Western material goods.
- "Cargo" is a 2009 science fiction film, the first from Swiss production and the first major feature film by Ivan Engler.
- also known as A rakomány, 太空运输
- country: Switzerland
- language: German Language
- directors: Ivan Engler & Ralph Etter
- producer: Marcel Wolfisberg
- production design by Matthias Noger
- written by Arnold Bucher & Johnny Hartmann
- Gilles Tschudi as Klaus Bruckner
- Yangzom Brauen as Miyuki Yoshida
- Michael Finger as Claudio Vespucci
- Regula Grauwiller as Anna Lindbergh
- Anna-Katharina Schwabroh as Laura Portmann
- Maria Boettner as Arianne Portmann
- Martin Rapold as Samuel Decker
- Pierre Semmler as Pierre Lacroix
- Noa Strupler as Little girl
- Claude-Oliver Rudolph as Igor Prokoff
- casting by Ruth Hirschfeld
- cinematography by Ralph Baetschmann
- edited by Timo Fritsche, Ivan Engler, Bastian Ahrens
- music by Fredrik Strömberg
- costume design by Rudolf Jost
- genres: Thriller, Science Fiction, Mystery
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Cargo" is a 2006 thriller film. It was directed by Clive Gordon, produced by Andrea Calderwood and Juan Gordon, and written by Paul Laverty. The film features the actors Peter Mullan, Daniel Brühl, Luis Tosar, Samuli Edelmann and Gary Lewis.
- countries: Sweden, United Kingdom, Spain
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Juan Gordon & Andrea Calderwood
- executive producers: Pilar Benito, Tomas Eskilsson, Nigel Thomas
- production design by Jordi Yrla
- art direction by Alex Tarragüell
- written by Paul Laverty
- casting by Rosa Estévez & Gail Stevens
- cinematography by Sean Bobbitt
- edited by Fernando Franco
- music by Stephen Warbeck
- costume design by Bina Daigeler
- set decoration by Paco Gámez & Jonás Martín
- genres: Thriller, Psychological thriller, Indie film, Adventure Film, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Cargo" is a 2013 drama, thriller, fantasy, horror and short film written by Yolanda Ramke and directed by Ben Howling and Yolanda Ramke.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- directors: Yolanda Ramke & Ben Howling
- producers: Daniel Foeldes, Ben Howling, Marcus Newman & Yolanda Ramke
- written by Yolanda Ramke
- cinematography by Daniel Foeldes
- edited by Shannon Longville
- music by Helen Grimley
- genres: Thriller, Drama, Fantasy, Horror
- released on
- "Cargo" is a 2011 drama film written by Yan Vizinberg and Lee Peterkin and directed by Yan Vizinberg.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Abigail Honor, Yan Vizinberg, Chris Cooper
- written by Lee Peterkin & Yan Vizinberg
- Natasha Rinis as Natasha
- Sayed Badreya as Sayed
- Philip Willingham as Lukasz
- Raul I Torres as Raul Kidnapper
- Xavier Fan as Paramedic
- Vaughn Goland as Tattoo Man
- Israel Hernandez as Van driver
- Misha Kuznetsov as Val
- Dave Powers as Driver
- Seth Ruffer as Joe
- Darja Schabad as Olga
- Adrian Luke Sinclair as Police Officer
- Anita Storr as NYPD officer
- Alex Trubetskoy as Misha
- casting by Gretchen Ferris
- cinematography by Yan Vizinberg
- edited by Abigail Honor
- music by Michael Whalen
- genre: Drama
- released on
- "Cargo" is a 2012 short drama film written by Carlo Sironi and Giulia Moriggi and directed by Carlo Sironi.
- country: Italy
- languages: Romanian Language, Italian Language, Ukrainian Language
- producer: Giovanni Pompili
- written by Carlo Sironi & Giulia Moriggi
- based on a story by Carlo Sironi
- cinematography by Michele D'Attanasio
- edited by Andrea Maguolo
- genre: Drama
- released on
- award: - David di Donatello for Best Short Film nomination for Carlo Sironi
- "Cargo" is a 2007 short film written and directed by Leo Woodhead.
- "Cargo" is a 1990 film directed by François Girard.
- "Cargo" is a short independent film directed by Daniel Casey.
Phrases with Cargo
Phrases starting with the word Cargo:
- Cargo net
- cargo area
- cargo cult
- cargo deck
- cargo door
- cargo hold
- Cargo Jack
- cargo ship
- cargo hatch
- cargo liner
- Cargo pants
- cargo ships
- Cargo Pallet
- Cargo Shorts
- cargo vessel
- cargo container
- cargo helicopter
Phrases ending with the word Cargo:
View more phrases with the word Cargo in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cargo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Code of Federal Regulations (2003)
Bulk cargo means cargo consisting of goods, loose or in mass, that generally must be shoveled, pumped, blown, scooped or forked in the handling and includes: (1) Cement, loose or in sacks; (2) Coke and petroleum coke, ...
Bulk cargo means cargo that is loaded and carried in bulk without mark or count, in a loose unpackaged form, having homogenous characteristics. Bulk cargo loaded into intermodal equipment, except LASH or Seabee barges, is subject to ...
Of Cases Decided in the Court of Session, Court of Justiciary, Court of Teinds, and House of Lords
that the carrying of the deck cargo is an objectionable practice.
Latino Truck Driver Trade (2001)
Sex and HIV in Central America by Jacobo Schifter
However, the cargo is a constant worry for the truck driver, and its presence can be felt physically during the journey: the trip not only implies making sure that all is well...
The cargo is the most valuable part, because of its cost and because ...
The Commonwealth and International Library of Science Technology Engineering and Liberal Studies by R. B. Oram
THE bulk cargo is the ultimate unit load; a complete shipload covered by one Bill of Lading, with none of the paper work involved in tallying, sorting to marks, delivering to separate receivers and, finally, no preparation of claims for goods short ...
The Queer God (2004)
by Marcella Althaus-Reid
By contrast the cargo is an offence to Christian ethics because it represents waste. The energy and time expended by the Canela people in organising a complex sexual life in community is also a waste. In the creative reciprocity of the ayni it is ...
Gravity Dreams (2010)
by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
“Your cargo is the latest round of biotechnical efforts to develop ...
by Frederick Stroud, Elsie May Wheeler, John McDonald Burke
CARGO. —“ The word ' Cargo,' as referred to a Ship, is very intelligible, and must mean the whole LOADING. It may as well be said that the word ' Ship ' is uncertain, one being much bigger than another ” (per Cur. Sargent v. Reed, 2 Stra.
The Military Dictionary (1987)
A series of cluding primarily the Navy Cargo Handling straight lines, superimposed over a conformal projection and indicating grid north, used as an aid to navigation. The interval of the grid lines ...
To which Has Been Added Statutory Definitions by Frederick Stroud
CARGO. — " The word ' Cargo,' as referred to a Ship, is very intelligible, and must mean the whole Loading. It may as well be said that the word ' Ship ' is uncertain, one being much bigger than another" (per Cur. Sargent v. Reed, 2 Stra.
Handbook of the Global Trade Community Includes 21 Key Appendices by Edward G. Hinkelman
stowed in shipping containers will be treated the same as all containerized cargo requiring information to be submitted 24 hours prior to loading. Bulk Cargo For the purposes of the 24-hour advanced manifest rule only , the ...
by Ben R. Guttery
Dairo Air Service / DAS Air Cargo (1983-) Dairo Air Service or DAS Air Cargo was ...
by Allan Beaver
The older name implied the main usage of the ship, for which it was designed, as did 'passenger/cargo ship'. Cargo-FACT The IATA Cargo EDIFACT message manual which contains the functional specifications for IATA EDIFACT messages ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cargo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cargo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Johan Bryggare
Photo credit: James Burrell
Photo credit: iulian circo
Cargo ship passing through the Golden Gate
Photo credit: Aidan.Morgan
Photo credit: victorcamilo
Just an ordinary day playing with the camera at Schiphol Airport (the Netherlands).
Photo credit: Pigpen_71
- Mekong Cargo
Photo credit: Akuppa
- Cargo bike, with cargo
Photo credit: janetmck
- Cargo bike outside Brixton Cycles
Photo credit: itsbruce
Photo credit: pegatina1
- Cargo Bike
Photo credit: fuzzytnth3
- Carguero / Cargo boat
Photo credit: Spanish Coches
- Italian soldier guarding EUFOR Cargo plane
Photo credit: rockcohen
- Cargo Boat
Photo credit: berlinrider
View more pictures about Cargo ship.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cargo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cargo Meaning
Video shows what cargo means. Freight carried by a ship, aircraft etc.. (Papua New Guinea) Western material goods.. Cargo Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Jim Wilson Cargo, Airline Jargon for Dead Body on Board
this is how Airlines labels bodies being shipped in their luggage holds on passenger flights.
- Idiom - Cargo Vibe
- Cargo and Freight Agents Job Description
Cargo and Freight Agents Job Description.
- Emirates Sky Cargo Boeing 777F (A6-EFL) takeoff from KIX/RJBB (Osaka - Kansai) RWY 06R
Finally Emirates Sky Cargo has started a DXB - KIX - DXB direct service once a week. :) Emirates Sky Cargo Boeing 777-F1H (A6-EFL) takeoff from KIX/RJBB ...
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors Job Description
Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors Job Description.
- Quick Cargo Service Image Video - English Language (Web)
- Aviapartner - Function Description: Cargo Handling
See also the pronunciation examples of Cargo!
Quotes about Cargo
To get to know people, you have to eat a full donkey's cargo of salt together.
more quotes about cargo...
Scrabble value of C3A1R1G2O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CARGO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Cargo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cargo to see it in context!