On this page:
- Definition of the noun cartier
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cartier
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cartier
- Photos about Cartier
- Video about Cartier
- Quotes about Cartier
- Scrabble value of C3A1R1T1I1E1R1
- Anagrams of CARTIER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cartier
What does cartier mean as a name of something?
- French explorer who explored the St. Lawrence river and laid claim to the region for France (1491-1557)
Cartier: Société Cartier designs, manufactures, distributes and sells jewellery and watches. Founded in Paris, France in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier, the company remained under family control until 1964. The company maintains its headquarters in Paris and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Compagnie Financière Richemont SA.
- also known as Cartier SA, Kartije, Cartier S.A., Картије, การ์ทีเอร์, 卡地亞
- official website: www.cartier.com
- Cartier is a fictional character from the 1937 film La Grande Illusion.
- Cartier is a fictional character from the 1988 film Action Jackson.
"Cartier" is a book by Judy Rudoe.
- also known as "Cartier: 1900-1939"
- Cartier is a station on the Orange Line of the Montreal Metro rapid transit system, operated by the Société de transport de Montréal. It is located in the Pont-Viau district of Laval, Quebec, Canada. It is part of an extension of the line into Laval and opened on April 28, 2007.
- part of Québec
- Cartier was a federal electoral district in Quebec, Canada, that was represented in the Canadian House of Commons from 1925 to 1968.
There are other places with in their name, like Port-Cartier, Maison Cartier, Jacques Cartier, Jacques Cartier Park, Place Jacques-Cartier, Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier and La Jacques-Cartier Regional County Municipality.
- Cartier is a family of serif old style typefaces designed by Carl Dair in 1967, who was commissioned by the Governor General of Canada-in-Council to create a new and distinctively Canadian typeface. The first proof of Cartier was published as "the first Canadian type for text composition" to mark the centenary of Canadian Confederation.
- also known as Cartier Book
- Cartier is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cartier
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Game Animals, Birds and Fishes of North America; Their Habits and Various Methods of Capture. Copious Instructions in Shooting, Fishing, Taxidermy, Woodcraft, Etc. Together with a Directory to the Principal Game Resorts of the Country; Illustrated with Maps by Charles Hallock
The Jacques Cartier is the first river of any importance which you strike after leaving Quebec.
Two days' tramp from the Jacques Cartier is the St. Ann's, a shallow rapid river flowing between high precipitous mountains expanding at intervals ...
by John William Carleton
The Jacques Cartier is a river famous for its salmon, which are caught of large size, and in great abundance, below the bridge ; certainly we had no cause for complaint, for we had a splendid day's fishing, killing (three rods) fourteen salmon, ...
Embracing the Present Moment by Rick Singer
the Jacques Cartier is a powerful, spectacular river. After a couple hours of white water wildness intermixed with friendly paddling chatter, the growing roar of a large oncoming rapid slowly drowned out our voices. We grew silent and tensed ...
How Students Learn (2004)
History, Mathematics, and Science in the Classroom by National Research Council, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, Board on Behavioral, Cognitive, and Sensory Sciences, Center for Studies on Behavior and Development, A Targeted Report for Teachers, Committee on How People Learn
Cartier is an assistant professor in ...
Or, A Topographical and Statistical Description of the Provinces of Lower and Upper Canada, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, the Islands of Newfoundland, Prince Edward, and Cape Breton by Joseph Bouchette
Jacques Cartier is a deep ravine about 14 feet wide, over which a bridge is constructed. The distance between the rivers Portneuf and the Jacques Cartier is about 32 acres; the latter E. E. Dennis, and, traversing through the centre ...
by Joseph Bouchette
Jacques Cartier is a deep ravine about 14 feet wide, over which a bridge is constructed.
Official Report by Canada. Parliament. House of Commons
member for Jacques Cartier is a most distinguished jurist, an eminent lawyer, ...
by Canada. Parliament. House of Commons
member for Jacques Cartier is a most distinguished jurist, an eminent lawyer , ...
by Lawrence Johnstone Burpee, Sir Arthur George Doughty
Cartier. Cartier, Jacques (1491– 1557).
Cartier became the firm political associate of the latter and was recognized as the leader of the Conservative party in Lower Canada. In 1858 the Macdonald- Cartier ministry obtained power, with the former as Premier; but in August of the same ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cartier
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cartier
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Cartier
Description du cartier par les habitants
See also the pronunciation examples of Cartier!
Quotes about Cartier
Scrabble value of C3A1R1T1I1E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CARTIER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Cartier!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cartier to see it in context!