Cash appears in the following tongue twisters:
- How much cash could a sasquatch stash if a sasquatch could stash cash?
(by Janet Cashman-Shipman and family)
- Give me the gift of a grip-top sock,
A clip drape shipshape tip top sock.
Not your spinslick slapstick slipshod stock,
But a plastic, elastic grip-top sock.
None of your fantastic slack swap slop
From a slap dash flash cash haberdash shop.
Not a knick knack knitlock knockneed knickerbocker sock
With a mock-shot blob-mottled trick-ticker top clock.
Not a supersheet seersucker rucksack sock,
Not a spot-speckled frog-freckled cheap sheik's sock
Off a hodge-podge moss-blotched scotch-botched block.
Nothing slipshod drip drop flip flop or glip glop
Tip me to a tip top grip top sock.
(articulation warmup for actors)
Cash appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Now if I set a dronish sacred nude, if I reversed one poetic niece, incite open odes reverified under cash, sin or dates if I won.
- A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros' rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal - Panama!
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun cash and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cash
- Definition of the verb cash
- Phrases with Cash
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cash
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cash
- Photos about Cash
- Videos about Cash
- Sign language
- Quotes about Cash
- Scrabble value of C3A1S1H4
- Anagrams of CASH
- Share this page
Cash is sometimes a misspelling of catch.
The word cash is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cash
What does cash mean as a name of something?
Cash is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: cashes
- money in the form of bills or coins
- example: there is a desperate shortage of hard cash
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- synonyms of cash: hard cash / hard currency
- more generic word: currency = the metal or paper medium of exchange that is presently used
- more specific terms:
- change = money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency
- change = the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due
- chump change / small change / chickenfeed = a trifling sum of money
- spending money / pocket money / pin money = cash for day-to-day spending on incidental expenses
- ready money / ready cash / cold cash = money in the form of cash that is readily available
- prompt payment for goods or services in currency or by check
Alternative definition of the noun cash
- Money in the form of notes/bills and coins, as opposed to cheques/checks or electronic transactions.
- [informal] Money.
- [Canada] Cash register.
- Any of several low-denomination coins of India or China, especially the Chinese copper coin.
Definition of the verb cash
What does cash mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: cashed | cashing | cashes
- exchange for cash
- example: I cashed the check as soon as it arrived in the mail
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Beneficiary] [Theme] Carmen bought Mary a dress [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] Carmen bought a dress | Carmen obtained the spare part [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] for [Asset] Carmen bought a dress for $50 [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] for [Beneficiary] Carmen bought a dress for Mary [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] from / for / on [Source] John earned $10 million on proceeds from the sale [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] from [Source] Carmen bought a dress from Diana | Carmen obtained the spare part from Diana [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] from [Source] at / for [Asset] FMC has bought 565,000 shares from Nortek Inc. at $23.50 a share [Asset - not location] [Verb] [Theme] $50 won't even buy a dress | $50 won't even purchase a dress
- lexical domain: Possession - verbs of buying, selling, owning
- synonym of cash: cash in
- more generic words: change / exchange / interchange = give to, and receive from, one another
- more specific words:
- "Cash" is a 2010 American independent crime-thriller film directed by Stephen Milburn Anderson that stars Sean Bean and Chris Hemsworth.
- also known as Ca$h
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- Sean Bean as Pyke Kubic
- Chris Hemsworth as Sam Phelan
- Mike Starr as Melvin Goldberg
- Michael Mantell as Mr. Dale
- Glenn Plummer as Glenn the Plumber
- Debbi Burns as Harlem Furniture Saleswoman
- Antony Thekkek as Bahadurjit Tejeenderpeet Singh
- Tim Kazurinsky as Chunky Chicken Salesman
- Victoria Profeta as Leslie Phelan
- Paul Sanchez as Cole
- Peggy Roeder as Leslie's Mom
- Larry Neumann Jr. as Mr. Polski
- Mindy Bell as Sales Clerk
- Christian Stolte as Car Sales Manager
- Robert C. Goodwin as Bartender
- Bruce Potts as Zeke
- Jacqueline Williams as Plumber's Wife
- Greg Fawcett as News Anchor
- Cheryl Hamada as Asian Woman
- Kevin R. Kelly as Range Rover Salesman
- Ellen Jo Meyers as Convenience Store Clerk
- Dophkah Wasmuth as Female Cop
- Rich Wilkie as Bank Guard
- James Fierro as Police Officer #1
- Tobiasz Daszkiewicz as Police Officer #2
- Almas Meirmanov as Police Officer #3
- Linda Perlin as Police Officer #4
- Jeff Albertson as Chicago Police Officer
- Tommy Bartlett as Ace Rental Car Patron
- Josh Blue as Car Rental Salesman
- Anthony Brawner as Airline Passenger
- Brent Allen Caputo as Teller
- Jay Disney as Furniture Shopper
- Marisol Doblado as DMV Attendant
- Ryan Hartford as Man in Airport Line
- Naomi Heilmann as Bank Hostage
- Michelle Higgins as DMV Customer
- Alec Holmes as Bank Clerk
- Bill Ibrahim as Waiter #1
- Charlie Kierscht as Car Rental Customer
- Bob Kolbey as Bank Loan Officer
- Don Kress as Car Driver
- Tim Krueger as Car Shopper
- David Lesley as Bank Patron
- Joseph Mazurk as Convenience Store Customer
- Chad Meyer as Airplane Pilot
- Kyle Miller as Car Rental Guest
- Heather Mingo as Traveler
- James Pusztay as Dept. of Motor Vehicles Clerk
- Diana Shield as Bank Teller
- cinematography by John R. Leonetti
- genres: Indie film, Action Film, Thriller, Action/Adventure, Crime Thriller, Action Thriller
- tagline: No one can be trusted when it comes to ca$h
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: thefilmcash.com
- "Cash" is a French crime caper film from 2008, directed by Eric Besnard and starring Jean Dujardin, Jean Reno, Valeria Golino and Ciarán Hinds.
- "Cash" is a 2007 Bollywood action thriller film directed by Anubhav Sinha. The film features an all-star ensemble cast including Ajay Devgn, Ritesh Deshmukh, Sunil Shetty, Zayed Khan, Shamita Shetty and Esha Deol in lead roles. The story is set in Cape Town, South Africa. The film released on 3 August 2007.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language
- producer: Anish Ranjan
- written by Vishal Dadlani, Panchhi Jalonvi, Anubhav Sinha
- based on a story by Vinay & Yash
- cinematography by Ravi Walia
- music by Ranjit Barot, Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani
- genres: Action Film, Thriller, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- award: - Star Guild Award for Best Special Effects nomination for Avitel Post Studioz
- official website: downloads.movies.indiatimes.com/cash/index.htm
- "Cash" a.k.a. "Walk the Line" is a 2005 American biographical drama film directed by James Mangold and based on the early life and career of country music artist Johnny Cash. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Robert Patrick.
- read more about Walk the Line
- "Cash" a.k.a. "The Take" is a 1974 action film directed by Robert Hartford-Davis and writen by Franklin Coen and Del Reisman.
- read more about The Take
- "Cash" is a 1933 British comedy film directed by Zoltan Korda and starring Edmund Gwenn, Wendy Barrie and Robert Donat. It was made by Alexander Korda's London Film Productions.
- "Cash": Aishwarya, wins the Miss World title. She wants to set up an ashram for the disabled, with the Rs 1 crore she earned in the contest, and also decides to spend what all she gets through working as model or through fashion shows for the ashram. She appoints her uncle Purushottam as manager and Sakkubai is his assistant. Purushottam and Sakkubai hatch plans to swindle money from Aishwarya. Purushottam employs Tom and Jerry, who pretend as professional killers and gangster Yadav to eliminate Aishwarya. But they could not succeed in any of their attempts.
- genres: World cinema, Tollywood, South Asian cinema
- "Cash": Cash: The Autobiography is a 1997 autobiography of Johnny Cash, country musician, written twenty years after his first autobiography, Man in Black. Cash co-wrote this book with Patrick Carr. Cash's autobiographies were the basis for the award-winning biopic Walk the Line in 2005.
- also known as "Cash: the autobiography", Cash: The Autobiography
- "Cash" is a book by Paul-Loup Sulitzer.
- also known as "Cash: a novel"
"Cash" is a video game.
- genres: Strategy video game, Simulation video game
- Cash is a fictional film character.
- Cash is a fictional character from the 2012 film Jack Reacher.
- Cash is a fictional character from the TV Series Sirens.
- also known as Cassius Clay
- Cash is a fictional character from Sam Steele and the Crystal Chalice.
- Cash is a fictional character in the 2009 romantic comedy film The Good Guy.
- Cash is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Jailhouse.
There are other characters with in their name, like Eli Cash, Ray Cash, Reba Cash, Cash Clerk, Danny Cash, Kathy Cash, Cash McCall, Johnny Cash, John R. Cash, Rosanne Cash, Cash Tankinson, Cash Register Thief and casella "cash" reese.
- "Cash" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Robert Howard
- "Cash" is a musical single of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Cash" is a composition by Brian Morgan, Shelly Morgan and Mark Stevens.
Who is Cash?
Cash a.k.a. DJ Cash Money is a Philadelphia-based American turntablist, hip-hop artist, and record producer. He was the first inductee into the DJ Hall of Fame.
- also known as Cash Money; Ca$h Money; Cash $; Cash Money, DJ
- nationality: United States of America
- member of musical group Cash Money & Marvelous
- genres: Rap music, Hip hop music
- official website: www.myspace.com/djcashmoney12
- Cash is a city in Craighead County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 342 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Jonesboro, Arkansas Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Cash a.k.a. Cash, Texas: Cash is an unincorporated community in south central Hunt County, Texas, United States. It lies approximately five miles south of Greenville along State Highway 34.
- read more about Cash, Texas
- Cash a.k.a. Cash, Georgia: Cash is an unincorporated community in Gordon County, Georgia, United States. Cash is located on County Road 373 east of Calhoun, and between Sonoraville and Red Bud.
- read more about Cash, Georgia
There are other places with in their name, like Cash Corner.
- Cash: In English vernacular cash refers to money in the physical form of currency, such as banknotes and coins.
- also known as نقود, 現金
- Cash was a type of coin of China and East Asia from the 2nd century BC until the AD 20th century.
- also known as 方孔钱
- The cash is a name for several historical currencies used in Asia. It is applied to units used in China, Vietnam, and the Princely states of Madras and Travancore in British India. It is also occasionally used to refer to the Korean mun and the Japanese mon.
- Cash a.k.a. c-Flip is a protein.
- read more about c-Flip
- Cash is a 2014 TV/web drama series.
- begun in
- created by Mahmoud Sabbagh
Phrases with Cash
Phrases starting with the word Cash:
- cash in
- Cash Up
- cash bar
- cash cow
- cash out
- cash card
- cash crop
- Cash Desk
- cash flow
- Cash game
- cash basis
- cash in on
- Cash Money
Phrases ending with the word Cash:
View more phrases with the word Cash in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cash
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Financial Accounting (2010)
by W. Albrecht, Earl Stice, James Stice
Cash is an asset, and Loans Payable is a liability. (d) Assets increase with a debit. Cash is an asset; therefore, Cash is debited. Liabilities increase with a credit. Loans Payable is a liability; therefore, Loans Payable is credited. 2 (a) The ...
Cash means specie or its equivalent in current bills of specie-paying banks, and does not include indorsed checks. Crocker v. Crane, 21 Wend. 211, 219 ...
by Claudia Bienias Gilbertson, Mark W. Lehman, Debra Gentene
Cash is an asset account. owiseach classification changed Liabilities decrease. Assets decrease. owiseach amount entered in the accounts Liabilities decreaseonthe debit side.Therefore, debit the liability account, Accounts Payable —Canyon ...
Johnny Cash and Philosophy (2011)
The Burning Ring of Truth by John Huss, David Werther
Likewise, the second claim might simply mean that the new straight and sober Johnny Cash is a pretty different man than the old Johnny Cash who was nearly always on something. Somebody Resurrection One Piece at a Time 205.
by N. B. Ghodke
Compiler CASH DEPOSITS (*Monetary economics) Cash deposits are the sum of Income deposits and Business deposits. A man must hold a stock of money or a ready command over it in the form of a bank deposit, both to bridge the intervals ...
ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA; Or, A DICTIONARY of Arts and Sciences, Compiled Upon a New Plan. In Wich the Different Science and Arts are Digested Into Distinct Treatises Or Systems; and The Various Technical Terms, ... are Explained as They Occur in the Order of the Alphabet. Illustrated with One Hundred and Sixty Copperplates, by a Society of Gentlemen in Scotland. IN THREE VOLUMES. Edinburgh: Printed for A. Bell and C. Macfarquhar; and Fold by Colin Macfarquhar, at this Printing-office, Nicolson Street. M.D.CC.LXXI. (1771)
9|Cash Dr to Canary in company with Simon King ...]Cash Dr to Ship Phoenix in company quit, . . . and 7ohn Oker, 177 / . 1 2 s.
by Dele Ogundahunsi & Charles Worterven
Cash: normally refers to an exchange transaction contracted for settlement on the day the deal is struck. This term is mainly used in the North American markets and those countries which rely for foreign exchange services on these markets ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cash
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cash
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Conor Lawless
Photo credit: Machine is Organic
Awesome WV graffiti
Photo credit: mebrett
Photo credit: adactio
Photo credit: eflon
Photo credit: Key West Wedding Photography
such a good deal
Photo credit: Gideon Tsang
Photo credit: lundgrenphotography
Photo credit: Kris Krug
Photo credit: barsen
Photo credit: Ted Van Pelt
- Cash Singles
Photo credit: spablab
- Falling Cash
When using this image please provide photo credit (link) to...
Photo credit: ota_photos
- Prop Cash
For Motion Picture Use Only
Photo credit: xcorex
- Immediate Cash
Photo credit: Kris Krug
- Cash Only
Photo credit: sillygwailo
- Cash Can
Photo credit: jasoneppink
- Cash the cat
Photo credit: steve149
- Row of cash tills
Photo credit: Ben Sutherland
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cash
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of Cash Earnings Per Share : Financial Know-How
- #YRA Juan Florez: Federal Reserve System Definition And Cash Universal Cash Heist
Find more resources at...
- Definition for a Cash or Deferred Arrangement : Financial Planning & You
- Cash Meaning
Video shows what cash means. Money in the form of notes/bills and coins, as opposed to cheques/checks or electronic transactions.. Money.. Cash register..
- This crazy theft brings a whole new meaning to the phrase cash and carry
Daring Californian thieves smash and grab an ATM machine as CCTV captures their escape Daring Californian thieves smash and grab an ATM machine as ...
- CM KCR meets Governor ESL Narasimhan | Cash for Vote Scam | V6 News (15-06-2015)
Telangana Chief Minister KCR met Governor ESL. Narasimhan over AP CM Chandrababu Phone tapping in Cash for Vote Scam. Watch first ever a 24/7 ...
- Cash's Language
- Unboxing Ankaka Large Size English Dictionary Book Security Cash Lock Box - Locker and key
- Cash program waste language by girl
- Option Tips - Language: Cash bit Debt bit
- Ragnarok Online MENA How to Buy Cash Items (English Language) HD 720p
Ragnarok Online MENA Arabic/English Language Published by Tahadi Games ro.tahadi.com forum.tahadi.com.
- Cash on apps apk hack.. check description.
download this thing from this link u will surely earn 250 rs everyday mcent.com/r/ML9GBQ this is a unique link of mcent download the app n signup. and earn ...
- Governor ESL Narasimhan tours Delhi to discuss on Cash for Vote scam | Express TV
Governor ESL Narasimhan is all set to tour Delhi to discuss on the current political status in the state with the central government officials especially on the Cash ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Cash!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Cash
Scrabble value of C3A1S1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CASH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Cash!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cash to see it in context!