The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cashier:
Definition of cashier
What does cashier mean?
- an employee of a bank who receives and pays out money
- a person responsible for receiving payments for goods and services (as in a shop or restaurant)
- discard or do away with
- discharge with dishonor, as in the army
- One who works at a till or receiving payments.
- Person in charge of the cash of a business or bank.
- To dismiss from service, as the military service, especially with disgrace.
Phrases with cashier
- cashier's check
- cashier's cheque
- Cashier is a fictional character in the 2012 drama film Arcadia.
- Cashier is a fictional film character.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2012 film Reported Missing.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2011 film Bernie.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2012 drama film Kid.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2010 film A Stoker.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 1988 film A Short Film About Killing.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 1994 film Reality Bites.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2004 film Paranoia 1.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 1967 film Oh! That Wife of Mine.
- Cashier is a fictional character from the 2009 science fiction disaster film 2012.
- Cashier is a fictional character in the family TV series Ace of Wands.
- Cashier is a fictional character from I Am I.
Cashier is an occupation focused on the handling of payments.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for cashier
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Financial Accounting (2003)
by Charles E. Johnson, A. N. Mosich, Walter B. Meigs, Mukherjee & Hanif
A cashier is a person whose responsibility with an organisation is to receive and issue cash and to maintain records in connection with that activity. Such person may be a bookkeeper, a receptionist or a reliable employee. The petty cashier ...
Modern Acc. Vol I, 2E (2000)
by Mohammed Hanif
A cashier is a person whose responsibility with an organisation is to receive and issue cash and to maintain records in connection...
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois (1918)
by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby, Alexander T. Strange, Henry L. Fowkes
Brown, cashier; Frank McLean, assistant cashier; and Edward Douglas, J. M. Baker, C. W. Grassell, M. J. McMurray, R. J. Grantham, directors. FARMERS NATIONAL ...
Historical Collections of Ohio ... an Encyclopedia of the State (1908)
History Both General and Local, Geography with Descriptions of Its Counties, Cities and Villages, Its Agricultural, Manufacturing, Mining and Business Development, Sketches of Eminent and Interesting Characters, Etc., with Notes of a Tour Over it in 1886. Illustrated by about 700 Engravings. Contrasting the Ohio of 1816 with 1886-90 by Henry Howe
Larkin, president, Edgar Stark, cashier; Citizen's National Bank, B. S. Cunningham, president, George W. Forbes, cashier ; Commercial Bank, Charles B. Foote, president, W. H. Campbell, cashier; Fidelity ...
Encyclopedia of Mississippi History (1907)
Comprising Sketches of Counties, Towns, Events, Institutions and Persons by Dunbar Rowland
Griffith, cashier of the Capital State Bank, Jackson, secretary and treasurer. The names of the organizers, together with the institutions represented, are : F. F. Becker, cashier, Commercial ...
American business and accounting encyclopedia (1908)
by William Winter Thorne
The handling of "collect on delivery" packages is always an annoying matter to the cashier. The following plan is proposed for the purpose of doing away with the cumbersome record usually used. The C. O. D. order is handled in all respects ...
The Encyclopedia of Restaurant Training (2005)
A Complete Ready-to-use Training Program for All Positions in the Food Service Industry by Lora Arduser, Douglas Robert Brown
CAshIER. There are various methods of controlling cash and guest tickets. The following section will describe an airtight system of checks and balances for controlling cash, tickets and prepared food. Certain modifications may be needed to ...
International Encyclopedia of Ergonomics and Human Factors, Second Edition - 3 Volume Set (2010)
by Waldemar Karwowski
Guest Waiter Cook Owner Cashier Guest has less money. Owner has more money. Guest is not hungry. Scene 1 : Entrance Guest steps into the restaurant. Guest looks for for a table. Guest decides where to sit. Guest goes to the table.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for cashier
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about cashier
Click on an item to view that photo:
Katathani Hotel. Kata Noi Beach, Phuket.Thailand
Photo credit: stefanedberg
Ok, that will be 100, mam
Photo credit: ivanlanin
- Cashier, the Long Room, Custom House
During the Open House week-end 2013
Photo credit: James E. Petts
- Cashier Desk, Chinese Shopping Centre
Photo credit: IvanWalsh.com
- Substitute Cashier
Taken at Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Photo credit: Ding Yuin Shan
Video language resources about cashier
Click on an item to play that video:
- CASH REGISTERS JARGON BUSTER - CASHIER INTERRUPT
Video explanation of the cash register manufacturers term 'Cashier Interrupt'. For information on which till have cashier interrupt please visit...
- Cashier Job Description
- Gaming Cashier Job Description
Gaming Cashier job description. Learn about Gaming Cashier jobs, responsibilities, salaries and more. Find more job descriptions at...
- Cashier Job Description
This is a reproduction from the US Department of Labor website CareerOneStop. It's an older video but it provides a basic description of cashier duties and w...
- Cashier Job Description
Just a short video on cashier jobs.
See also the pronunciation examples of cashier!
Scrabble value of C3A1S1H4I1E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CASHIER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of cashier!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of cashier to find many related words and phrases!