On this page:
- Catharine is a town in Schuyler County, New York. The population was 1,930 at the 2000 census. The town is one of two in the county named after Catherine Montour, despite the variation in spelling of the name. The Town of Catharine is in the southeast part of the county and is north of Elmira, New York.
- Catharine a.k.a. Catharine, Kansas: Catharine is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Catherine Township, Ellis County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population of the community was 104.
- read more about Catharine, Kansas
- Catharine a.k.a. Catharine, Illinois: Catharine, also known as Burgess Junction, is an unincorporated community in Serena Township, LaSalle County, Illinois, United States. Catharine is located along County Route 2 2 miles west of Sheridan.
- read more about Catharine, Illinois
There are other places with in their name, like Catharine Township.
- Catharine is a fictional character from the 1998 film The Theory of Flight.
- Catharine is a fictional character from the 2013 film Mark of Prince.
- Catharine is a fictional character from the 2010 film @urFRENZ.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Catharine
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Comedy in Three Acts by James Ewell Heath
Miss Catharine is a very apt scholar;-docilis discipula. (Snuffs.) 20 WHIGS AND DEMOCRATS.
A Preface to Jane Austen (2014)
by Christopher Gillie
Catharine is a promising character ...
Cases and Materials by David Howarth, Martin Matthews, Jonathan Morgan, Janet O'Sullivan, Stelios Tofaris
The cost of bringing up Catherine It will be convenient to examine first the line of English cases on which the Inner House founded its decision that the cost of bringing up Catharine is a sustainable claim. [Having referred to Udale v Bloomsbury ...
by Catharine E. Bell
Catharine E. Bell. NOTES ON ADVISORS AND CONTRIBUTORS. Notes on Advisors and Contributors.
Giving the Derivation, Source, Or Origin of Common Phrases, Allusions, and Words that Have a Tale to Tell by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Catharine. "Wheels. who catches persons by the poll or neck. This was done by means of an instrument something like a shepherd's crook. " Cacrhepnles, from catch and pole, because these officers ]ay hold of a man's n«ck."— Wiclif: .
The Encyclopedia Americana (1903)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
Catharine of ...
Women in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection [4 volumes] (2017)
by Peg A. Lamphier, Rosanne Welch
Catharine. esther. (1800–1878). Author and educator Catharine Beecher, a member of the influential family of American preachers, teachers, writers, and activists, is remembered today as a pioneer in the field of women's education.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Catharine
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Catharine
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Catharine Moore
The headstone of Catharine Moore which is largely buried.
Photo credit: Svadilfari
- Catharine Street
Photo credit: Paul Holloway
- Catharine's Turn
Photo credit: mikegoren
- Becka and Catharine...
Photo credit: mikegoren
- Excited Catharine
Photo credit: Smoobs
- Catharine Gobrecht
Catharine Gobrecht (there is no mention of a Catharine Gobrect on the memorial, but that is clearly the name) Died November 5 AD 181? (looks like 1819 or 1810) Aged 74 or 71 years 4 months & 18 days
Photo credit: nikoretro
Videos about Catharine
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Catharine
Scrabble value of C3A1T1H4A1R1I1N1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CATHARINE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Catharine!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Catharine to see it in context!