Definition of Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
What does Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope mean?
- electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- synonyms of cathode-ray oscilloscope: CRO / oscilloscope / scope
- more generic term: electronic equipment = equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons
- part of:
- cardiac monitor / heart monitor = a piece of electronic equipment for continual observation of the function of the heart
- monitor / monitoring device = display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor
- microwave radar / radar / radio detection and ranging / radiolocation = measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- part: cathode-ray tube / CRT = a vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Science and Technology Encyclopedia (2000)
by Leszek Kołakowski
See also ELECTRIC CURRENT oscilloscope (cathode-ray oscilloscope) Electronic instrument in which a CATHODE-RAY TUBE (CRT) system displays how quantities, such as voltage or current, vary over a period of time. The input signal is ...
Sasol Encyclopaedia of Science and Technology (2004)
by G.C. Gerrans
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO) An instrument which enables electrical ...
Encyclopedia of Nonlinear Science (2013)
by Alwyn Scott
Among the wondersof electronics that appearedin the 20th centurywasthe cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO), which Kenneth Cole used to takethefirst photograph ofa nerveimpulse on the giantaxon of the squid(seeFigure 1)(Cole & Curtis, 1938) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope to find many related words and phrases!