Definition of the noun cathode-ray oscilloscope
What does cathode-ray oscilloscope mean as a name of something?
- electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cathode-ray oscilloscope: CRO / oscilloscope / scope
- more generic term: electronic equipment = equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons
- part of:
- cardiac monitor / heart monitor = a piece of electronic equipment for continual observation of the function of the heart
- monitor / monitoring device = display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor
- microwave radar / radar / radio detection and ranging / radiolocation = measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- part: cathode-ray tube / CRT = a vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Science and Technology Encyclopedia (2000)
by Leszek Kołakowski
See also ELECTRIC CURRENT oscilloscope (cathode-ray oscilloscope) Electronic instrument in which a CATHODE-RAY TUBE (CRT) system displays how quantities, such as voltage or current, vary over a period of time. The input signal is ...
Sasol Encyclopaedia of Science and Technology (2004)
by G.C. Gerrans
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO) An instrument which enables electrical ...
Encyclopedia of Nonlinear Science (2004)
by Alwyn Scott
Among the wondersof electronics that appearedin the 20th centurywasthe cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO), which Kenneth Cole used to takethefirst photograph ofa nerveimpulse on the giantaxon of the squid(seeFigure 1)(Cole & Curtis, 1938) ...
Encyclopaedia Judaica Volume 7 (2007)
by Fred Skolnik, Michael Berenbaum
Utilizing a cathode-ray oscilloscope and a sensitive amplification system they recorded the electrical impulses passing over isolated nerve fibers. The measurements of the potential cycles of different nerve fibers revealed three distinct patterns ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope to find many related words and phrases!