On this page:
Definition of the noun cathode-ray oscilloscope
What does cathode-ray oscilloscope mean as a name of something?
- electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cathode-ray oscilloscope: CRO / oscilloscope / scope
- more generic term: electronic equipment = equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons
- part of: cardiac monitor / heart monitor = a piece of electronic equipment for continual observation of the function of the heart; monitor / monitoring device = display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor; microwave radar / radar / radio detection and ranging / radiolocation = measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- part: cathode-ray tube / CRT = a vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by R. K. Rajput
A cathode-ray oscilloscope is an instrument which presents signal wave-forms visually. It is also useful for comparing two signals in phase, frequency or amplitude. A C.R.O. can operate upto 50 MHz, can allow viewing of signals, within a time ...
A Dictionary of Science (2010)
by Elizabeth A. Martin
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO) An instrument based on the ...
by Rudolf F. Graf
cathode-ray oscilloscope—Abbreviated CRO. l.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope to find many related words and phrases!