On this page:
Definition of the noun cathode-ray oscilloscope
What does cathode-ray oscilloscope mean as a name of something?
- electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cathode-ray oscilloscope: CRO / oscilloscope / scope
- more generic term: electronic equipment = equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons
- part of: cardiac monitor / heart monitor = a piece of electronic equipment for continual observation of the function of the heart; monitor / monitoring device = display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor; microwave radar / radar / radio detection and ranging / radiolocation = measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- part: cathode-ray tube / CRT = a vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by United States Navy
The cathode-ray oscilloscope is an ideal instrument for the presentation of radar data. This is because it not only shows a variation of a single quantity, such as voltage, but also gives an indication of the relative values of two or more quantities.
by R. K. Rajput
A cathode-ray oscilloscope is an instrument which presents signal wave-forms visually. It is also useful for comparing two signals in phase, frequency or amplitude. A C.R.O. can operate upto 50 MHz, can allow viewing of signals, within a time ...
A Dictionary of Science (2010)
by Elizabeth A. Martin
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO) An instrument based on the *cathode-ray tube that provides a visual image of electrical signals.
by The University of Chicago Press, Leszek Kołakowski
See also ELECTRIC CURRENT oscilloscope (cathode-ray oscilloscope) Electronic instrument in which a CATHODE-RAY TUBE (CRT) system displays how quantities, such as voltage or current, vary over a period of time. The input signal is ...
by Fioretta. Benedetto Mattia
CRO Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope. The cathode-ray oscilloscope, also known as ...
Cathode-ray oscilloscope(CRO). An instrument which is used for investigating electrical signals. An electron beams gets directed at a cathode-ray tube forming a small spot. The beam can be deflected in the horizontal and vertical directions by ...
by Jasvinder Singh
Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope (CRO) : An instrument based upon cathode ray tube which provides a visible image of one or more rapidly varying electrical quantities . Cathode Rays : A stream of electrons emitted from the negatively charged ...
Dictionary of Parasitology (2005)
by Peter J. Gosling
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO) (physics) Apparatus based on a cathode-ray tube which provides a visible image of one or more rapidly varying electrical signals. cathode-ray tube (physics) Vacuum tube that allows the ...
by John Daintith
cathode-ray oscilloscope (CRO).
by Rudolf F. Graf
cathode-ray oscilloscope—Abbreviated CRO. l.
Dictionary of Physics (2010)
by Sanjay Yadav
cathode-ray oscilloscope ( CRO): An instrument for investigating electrical signals. cathode-ray tube (CRT): A funnel-shaped Electron Tube that permits the visual observation of electrical ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cathode-Ray Oscilloscope to find many related words and phrases!