On this page:
Definition of the noun causal agent
What does causal agent mean as a name of something?
- any entity that produces an effect or is responsible for events or results
- lexical domain: Tops - unique beginner for nouns
- synonyms of causal agent: causal agency / cause
- more generic term: physical entity = an entity that has physical existence
- more specific terms:
- individual / somebody / someone / mortal / person / soul = a human being
- agent = an active and efficient cause
- nature = a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe
- supernatural / occult = supernatural forces and events and beings collectively
- theurgy = the effect of supernatural or divine intervention in human affairs
- primum mobile / first cause / prime mover = an agent that is the cause of all things but does not itself have a cause
- destiny / fate = the ultimate agency regarded as predetermining the course of events
- catalyst = something that causes an important event to happen
- deus ex machina = any active agent who appears unexpectedly to solve an insoluble difficulty
- manipulator / operator = an agent that operates some apparatus or machine
- force / power = one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority
- vital principle / life principle = a hypothetical force to which the functions and qualities peculiar to living things are sometimes ascribed
- engine = something used to achieve a purpose
- cause of death / killer = the causal agent resulting in death
- danger = a cause of pain or injury or loss
- agent = a substance that exerts some force or effect
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Causal Agent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Alan Lewis
clot CoA causal agent of botulism. This bacterium occurs naturally under anaerobic or slightly anaerobic conditions in soil, bottom sediments, and organic materials, especially vegetables. It is a common cause of food poisoning, especially ...
by Pei-Show Juo
It is the causal agent of Burkitt's lymphoma. Ebastine (mol wt 470) An antihistaminic agent. O H3C CH3 N CH3 O EBNA Abbreviation for Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen. Ebola Virus An enveloped helical ssRNA virus that causes clinically ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
causal agent (causal organism, causative agent, etiologic agent). the agent (e.g., organism, ...
histolytica, the causal agent of amebic dysentery.
by Yadolah Dodge
• The relative effect of a cause expresses thestrengthoftheassociationbetweenthe causal agent and the illness. A cause that produces ...
by Edward L. Melnick, Brian S. Everitt
sufficient causal agent, and a multiplicity of agents is required to form a sufficient combination. This creates substantial complications for identifying causal relations, many of which are not obvious without modeling. In theory, the complicated ...
Encyclopaedia Medica (1901)
by Chalmers Watson
Other forms of acute pneumonia are differentiated with special reference to the causal agent associated with them. Such specific forms as the tubercular inflammations of the lungs, or such forms as the suppurative pneumonia of pyaemia, ...
by Carl A. Batt
burnetii was made during late 1930s by Australian and US scientists who were investigating the veterinary and zoonotic febrile illness with an unidentified causal agent at the time. The 'spotted fever of the Rockies' ...
by Lila R. Gleitman, Barbara Landau
For feed/ eat and push/fall, no difficulty in doing so arises: Only the feed and push sentences mention the causal agent so these interpretations should be favored if there is a bias to conceive scenes as an agent acting on a thing affected.
by Jon Carlson, Shannon B. Dermer
The third causal agent, protozoal infections, cause trichomoniasis, amebiasis, cryptosporidium, and giardiasis. The last causal agent, under the category of ectoparasitic agents, is responsible for STIs such as pubic lice, scabies, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Causal Agent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Causal Agent
If you need images about Causal Agent for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Causal Agent to see it in context!