On this page:
Definition of the noun cewa
What does cewa mean as a name of something?
- a member of the Bantu-speaking people of Malawi and eastern Zambia and northern Zimbabwe
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of Cewa: Chewa / Chichewa
- more generic word: African = a native or inhabitant of Africa
- member of: Malawi / Nyasaland / Republic of Malawi = a landlocked republic in southern central Africa; Northern Rhodesia / Republic of Zambia / Zambia = a republic in central Africa; Republic of Zimbabwe / Rhodesia / Southern Rhodesia / Zimbabwe = a landlocked republic in south central Africa formerly called Rhodesia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cewa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Case Study of Mala?i
The Cewa is the largest single ethnic group in Malawi. In comparison, other groups have been little studied, and the literature on them is sparse. Ethnic affiliations in southern Malawi are complex, and tribal distinctions have become blurred ...
by Orr, James
kom-pla ̄n ́ing (öåçä, cewa ̄h a ̄h, “cry,” “outcry,” ùÒéä, sı ̄ah , “meditation,” “ complaint”): cewa ̄h a ̄h is translated “complaining” (Psa. 144:14, the Revised Version (British and American) “outcry,” “no complaining (outcry) in our streets,” ...
Dialects are Chichewa (Chewa, Cewa), Peta (Cipeta, Chipeta, Malawi, Maravi, Marave), Chingoni (Ngoni), Manganja (Waganga), Nyasa, Chikunda. Western dialect in Zambia. Chichewa, Chingoni, and Kunda are completely intelligible with ...
The Authoritative Resource on the Christian World by George Kurian
cenae Also, cewa'e. In the Ethiopian Rite, the chalice. cenobite.
by Walter Whiter
e//a, (At/ceWa, Ligo,) the instrument of DiGQing, &c. Diko, (AtKta, Jacio,) To Digg, ...
Of the English Language. The Words ... Arranged According to Noah Webster's Pronunciation ... by C. W. Knudsen
Consi'vabl, con ceWa ble. Consi'vablnes, con ceiv'a- ble ness. Consi'ving, con ceWing. Consin, con sign'.
With Notes on Yokuts by Catherine Callaghan
Mil cewa iV and N to be light, shiny; to be lighted, to shine (sun); twilight Mitécewa iV to be bright, to shine PCo * ejts 2 N jackrabbit. Vowel assimilation is proposed for Southern Costanoan. PCos * ejes N jackrabbit Csjb Čejes N jackrabbit.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cewa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of C3E1W4A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CEWA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Cewa!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cewa to find many related words and phrases!