Usage statistics for the noun chairman:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun chairman
- Definition of the verb chairman
- Phrases with Chairman
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chairman
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chairman
- Usage statistics about chairman
- Photos about Chairman
- Video language resources about Chairman
- Quotes about Chairman
- Scrabble value of C3H4A1I1R1M3A1N1
- Anagrams of CHAIRMAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun chairman
What does chairman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: chairmen
- the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of chairman: chair / chairperson / chairwoman / president
- more generic term: presiding officer = the leader of a group meeting
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun chairman
- A person (implied male) presiding over a meeting.
- The head of a corporate or governmental board of directors, a committee, or other formal entity.
- [historical] Someone whose job is to carry people in a portable chair, sedan-chair, or similar conveyance.
Specialised definition of the noun chairman
Glossary of sports
official representative of clubs and federations. (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
- synonym: umpire
Glossary of sports / wrestling
one of the three officials in charge of a bout. The referee adjudicates from the mat while the judge and chairman are positioned beyond the mat
- synonym: referee
Definition of the verb chairman
What does chairman mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: chairmaned / chairmanned (less preferred form) | chairmaning / chairmanning (less preferred form) | chairmans
- act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university
Who is Chairman?
Chairman a.k.a. Jose Rivera is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing the Fordham-Bedford, Kingsbridge Heights, Bedford Park, and Belmont sections of the Bronx. A prominent New York Democrat, Mr. Rivera was elected to the Assembly in 2000, and was the head of the Democratic Party in the Bronx until he was ousted in 2008 by the so-called Rainbow Rebels. This is Mr. Rivera's second stint in the State Assembly; having previously served in the State Assembly from 1983 to 1987 until becoming a member of the New York City Council where he served from 1987 to 2000. Prior to his election to the Assembly in 1982, Mr. Rivera gained prominence as a labor advocate and organizer of construction workers and "gypsy" taxicab drivers.
- read more about Jose Rivera
Chairman a.k.a. 董事長樂團 is a musical group.
- read more about 董事長樂團
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2013 film Walesa: Man of Hope.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1994 film Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Finn On The Fly.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2008 film Forever the Moment.
- Chairman is a fictional film character.
- Chairman: Chairman is a fictional character from the 1996 film Breaking the Waves.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1969 film Run a Crooked Mile.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1974 film It's Spring, Sergeant.
- Chairman is a fictional character from A Mind of Her Own.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1984 film Baazi.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2009 film First Squad.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1960 romance comedy film Madalena.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the film "Dreamer".
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2001 film CQ.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2005 film Memoirs of a Geisha.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1997 film Assault on Dome 4.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1945 film Circumstantial Evidence.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1962 film The Three Stooges in Orbit.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1996 film Fly Away Home.
- Chairman is a fictional character from 2012 film To The Woods.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2010 film Blood Done Sign My Name.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1943 film Variety Jubilee.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1970 film The Strawberry Statement.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2012 film Public Hearing.
- Chairman, Joint Chief of Staff is a fictional character from the 1996 film Broken Arrow.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1937 film The Song of the Road.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1983 film Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1956 comedy-drama film The Green Man.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1948 film Death in the Hand.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1968 film Oliver!.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Last Announcement.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1994 film Sakthivel.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1997 film Bean.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1939 film Young Man's Fancy.
- Chairman is a fictional character from the 1965 film The Great Race.
- Chairman a.k.a. Kang No-sik is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Devil's Game.
- read more about Kang No-sik
"Chairman" a.k.a. "Male Sorority Director" is a film directed by Zhang Huizhong.
- read more about Male Sorority Director
"Chairman" is a 2013 single album by Seyi Shay.
- released in
- Chairman: In South Korea, it means a chair of a board of directors of a corporation; it is a representative of a corporation or the position itself. In major South Korean companies, it refers to an executive who is held accountable for affiliates under a group of a corporation. It is ranked higher than a president of a corporation. Its initial meaning is a chair who oversits meetings' affairs.
- also known as Chairwoman, Chairman of the board, Chairperson, Chair
- Chairman a.k.a. President: A president is the leader of a country or a division or part of a country, typically a republic, a democracy, or a dictatorship. The title "president" is sometimes used by extension for leaders of other groups.
- read more about President
- Chairman is a board member title, leadership role, project role.
- Chairman is a job title, government office category.
- Chairman is a leadership role.
Phrases with Chairman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chairman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Last of the Celts (2006)
by Marcus Tanner
CHAPTER TWO Connemara 'A vague reverence for the Gaelic' The instructor of the nations, the preacher of the gospel of nature-worship, hero-worship, God- worship — such Mr Chairman is the destiny of the Gael. (Patrick Pearse, The ...
Agriculture and Forestry— Bumbam (Chairman), Warren, Perkins, Guggenheim, Page, Crawford, Bradley, Lorlmer, Gronna, Bunkhead, Gore, Chamberlain, Smith, Percy, Lea. Appropriations— Warren (Chairman), Perkins, Gallluger, Curtis.
by Benson John Lossing, Woodrow Wilson
Yoakum (Chairman Executive Committee, Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific R. R. Co.), New York City; Clarence H. Mackay (President Postal TelegraphCable Co.), New York City; Marvin Hughitt (President Chicago ...
Comp. as a Book of Reference for the American People
Public Buildings, chairman Interior Department, Claims ; — Kldridge, C. A., old committees. Farnsworth, J. F., chairman Post Office and Post Roads; — Ferriss, O., chairman Mines and Mining ; — Ferry, Thomas AV., Post Office and ...
Joint Parliamentary Committeet Chairman: Soren Wibe (PSE). Vice-Chairmen: Johanna L. A. Boogerd-Quaak (ELDR), Marjo Tuulevi Matikainen-Kallstrom (PPE). DM11 Delegation to ...
As Amended Through April 2010 by Barry Leonard
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff instruction ...
by Jeffrey M. Elliot, Sheikh R. Ali
National Chairman The head of the national committee of a political party. The national chairman is generally the choice of the presidential candidate with nominal approval of the national committee. As the official director of the political ...
by Mohamed Haji Mukhtar
The agreement was signed by Mohamed Ramadan Arbow, chairman Somali African Muki Organization; Mohamed Farah Abdullahi, chairman, Somali Democratic Alliance; Dr. Abdi Musa Mayow, chairman, and Col. Mohamed Nur Alio ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chairman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about chairman
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun chairman:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun chairman:
Photos about Chairman
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: thekirbster
Photo credit: villoks
Photo credit: pastalane™
Photo credit: dying regime
Photo credit: Dan Zen
Photo credit: jetglo
- Chairman Meow
Photo credit: Kent Wang
- Budget chairman
Photo credit: Sebastian Vital
- Chairman of the bored
Photo credit: weegeebored
- Chairman - Dr Oba Otudeko CFR
Photo credit: cerebredigital
- Chairman Again
Photo credit: wrumsby
- Ssanyong Chairman H
Apparently it's based off a Mercedes W124 E class.
Photo credit: FotoSleuth
- Chairman Meow in his chair
Photo credit: Kent Wang
- Chairman Bao
Photo credit: JaredFrazer
View more pictures about The Chairman.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Chairman
Click on an item to play that video:
- Chairman Royce Questions Witnesses on Definition of Cyberwar, American Cyber Defenses 6.16.15
U.S. Representative Ed Royce (R-Calif.), Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, ...
- Chairman Meaning
Video shows what chairman means. A person (implied male) presiding over a meeting.. The head of a corporate or governmental board of directors, a committee ...
- Ron Paul with Federal Reserve Chairman on definition of inflation 07/21/2009
- Mike Church Graciously Explains to Glenn Beck the Meaning of "Chairman MaObama"
From the Mike Church Show on Sirius/XM. Mike has to explain to Glenn why the people are wearing the Chairman MaObama shirts, where the saying came from ...
- Steve King's Definition of 'Amnesty' Gets Correct By Chairman of Liberty Counsel
- Leadership Lesson by BKPM Chairman at Stanford University : Leadership Definition
- 20120522 SEC Chairman Schapiro on definition of hedge 05 May 2012
- [Papiamento language] Elton Arends - chairman TEDxAruba - Final Press Conference 2015
Final TEDxAruba Press Conference before September 23rd 2015. Elton Arends - Chairman TEDxAruba - talks about: - Change of Venue. TEDxAruba moving to ...
- 2015 06 34 Chairman Cole (R-OK) defends conscience protection language
- AP Govt Appointment Potluri Harikrishna As a Language Association Chairman Issue
- ProEnglish Chairman Rosalie Porter Testifies on Behalf of the "English Language Unity Act" (HR997)
ProEnglish Chairman Rosalie Porter's testimony on behalf of H.R. 997, Rep. Steve King's proposed bill to make English the official language of the United ...
- TV9 - Mandali Prasad appointed chairman of AP Official Language Commission
- Speech & Language Therapy Schools Team - Chairman's Award 2015
- LANGUAGE CREATES REALITY (3-3) Angelo John Gage - National Youth Front Chairman
- Mandali Buddha Prasad appointed chairman of AP Official Language Commission -TV5
Mandali Buddha Prasad appointed chairman of AP Official Language Commission -TV5 Facebook...
- CNN- Chairman Cleaver: End 'toxic' language celebration
- Digital Body Language - Brian Fetherstonhaugh, Chairman and CEO of OgilvyOne
- PARK logo description by Chairman
- Mr. D Shivakumar, Chairman and CEO, PepsiCo India on Language at Workplace
View more videos about Vice Chairman.
See also the pronunciation examples of Chairman!
Quotes about Chairman
I know as a manager you have to abide by the chairman's decisions. But his decisions were this team, that team, this player, that player. The chairman is a control freak. (Paul Gascoigne)
more quotes about chairman...
Scrabble value of C3H4A1I1R1M3A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CHAIRMAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Chairman!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Chairman to see it in context!