The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun champ:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun champ
- Definition of the verb champ
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Champ
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Champ
- Photos about Champ
- Videos about Champ
- Quotes about Champ
- Scrabble value of C3H4A1M3P3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun champ
What does champ mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: champs
- someone who has won first place in a competition
Alternative definition of the noun champ
- [Ireland, uncountable] a meal of mashed potatoes and scallions
Definition of the verb champ
What does champ mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: champed | champing | champs
- chafe at the bit, like horses
- chew noisily
Alternative definition of the verb champ
- To bite or chew, especially noisily or impatiently.
- Champ a.k.a. Ernest Hemingway: Ernest Miller Hemingway was an American author and journalist. His economical and understated style had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his life of adventure and his public image influenced later generations. Hemingway produced most of his work between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s, and won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. He published seven novels, six short story collections, and two non-fiction works. Additional works, including three novels, four short story collections, and three non-fiction works, were published posthumously. Many of his works are considered classics of American literature.
- also known as "Papa" Hemingway; Ernest Hemmingway; Ernest Miller Hemingway; Hemingway; ernest_hemingway; Hemingway, Ernest; E. Hemingway; Ernest Hemingway's; Papa
- born on (116 years ago) in Oak Park, child of Clarence Edmonds Hemingway and Grace Hall-Hemingway
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Author, journalist, novelist
- died on (54 years ago) in Ketchum of suicide
- read more about Ernest Hemingway (novelist)
- Champ a.k.a. Eric Koston is an American professional skateboarder and company owner. He has been featured in the Tony Hawk video game series, and the Electronic Arts video games Skate 2 and Skate 3. Koston co-owns both Fourstar Clothing and the skatepark/website "The Berrics".
- read more about Eric Koston
- Champ a.k.a. Leonard Pope is an American football tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia. At 6'8 he is one of the tallest active NFL players behind Demar Dotson, Jared Gaither, Dennis Roland, and tied with 6th others including Calais Campbell, Bryant McKinnie, and Jeremy Trueblood.
- read more about Leonard Pope
- Champ a.k.a. Beau Champion is an Indigenous Australian professional rugby league footballer for the South Sydney Rabbitohs of the National Rugby League. He is the second cousin of teammate Greg Inglis. Champion's preferred playing position is at Centre after being groomed as a halfback in his debut year. Champion has represented City in the 2010 City v Country Origin as well as making the 2010 Indigenous All-Stars Squad.
- read more about Beau Champion
- Champ a.k.a. Jonas Hoegh-Christensen: Jonas Høgh-Christensen is a Danish sailor, winner of the Finn Gold Cup in 2009. He has represented Denmark in the Finn class at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics at which he won the silver medal, narrowly missing out on the gold to British sailor Sir Ben Ainslie, who that day became the first person to win medals in five different Olympic Games in sailing, surpassing Danish Sailor Paul Elvstrøm who won four gold medals.
- read more about Jonas Hoegh-Christensen
- Champ a.k.a. Nakhrin Gangwanchokchai is an actor.
- read more about Nakhrin Gangwanchokchai (actor)
- Champ a.k.a. Eric L. Abrams is an actor.
- read more about Eric L. Abrams (actor)
- Champ a.k.a. Ali Richard Joseph: Ali Joseph is the oldest son of Davin Joseph.
- read more about Ali Richard Joseph
Champ is a bulldog.
- filmography: played Colossus in "Van Wilder: Freshman Year"
- Champ is a fictional character from the 2007 film Resurrecting the Champ.
- Champ a.k.a. Billy is a fictional character from the The Champ films.
- read more about Billy
- Champ is a fictional character from the 1949 film Sons of New Mexico.
- Champ is a fictional character from Timber Stampede.
- Champ is a fictional character from the 1973 film This Is a Hijack.
- Champ is a fictional character from the 2004 film The Fourth.
- Champ is a fictional character from the 1989 film Posed for Murder.
- Champ is a fictional character from the 1945 film The Man Who Walked Alone.
- Champ is a fictional film character.
"Champ" is 2011 South Korean film is about a former horse jockey who became blind after losing his wife in an accident, but now gets a second chance with the help of his daughter and an injured horse.
- also known as Champeu, Ch‘aemp‘ŭ, Chaempeu, Chaem-peu
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- director: Lee Hwan-Kyung
- producers: Jeong Jae-Seung & Hee-cheol Im
- executive producers: Kim Min-Gi, Myung-sook Lee, Lee Hwan-Kyung, Lee Sang-hun, Seo Joon-hyuk
- production design by Kim Seong-Gyu
- art direction by Kim hee-jin
- written by Hwang-sung Kim, Kim Yeong-seok, Lee Hwan-Kyung
- casting by Kim Sang-eun & Lee Bae-sik
- cinematography by Sang-gak Lee
- edited by Jae-geun Choi & Kim So-yeon
- music by Lee Dong-jun
- costume design by Ho-jung Uhm
- genres: Drama, World cinema, East Asian cinema
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Champ" is an LP by Tokyo Police Club that was released on June 8, 2010. Champ is the band's second studio album, after the release of Elephant Shell in 2008. Tokyo Police Club released the album's first single, "Breakneck Speed" for free download on their website on March 26, 2010. The next singles released off the album were "Wait Up" followed by "Gone".
- "Champ" is a musical album of Kim Barlow.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Champ" is a musical album of Barry Peterson.
- Champ is a village in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 13 at the 2010 census.
- CHAMP is an Aviation waypoint, Geocode.
Champ is an Irish dish, made by combining mashed potatoes and chopped spring onions with butter and milk, and optionally, salt and pepper. It is simple and inexpensive to produce. In some areas the dish is also called "poundies".
- also known as Champ irlandez
- Champ or Champy is the name given to a reputed lake monster living in Lake Champlain, a natural freshwater lake in North America, partially situated across the U.S.-Canada border in the Canadian province of Quebec and partially situated across the Vermont-New York border. While there is no scientific evidence for the cryptid's existence, there have been over 300 reported sightings. The legend of the monster is considered a draw for tourism in the Burlington, Vermont and Plattsburgh, New York areas.
- CHAMP: Challenging Minisatellite Payload was a German satellite launched July 15, 2000 from Plesetsk, Russia and was used for atmospheric and ionospheric research, as well as other geoscientific applications, such as GPS radio occultation.
- official website: www.gfz-potsdam.de/champ
- Champ was a British comic strip that ran in Whizzer and Chips for a number of years, and was drawn at assorted times by Leo Baxendale, Colin Whittock, Jack Edward Oliver and finally Paul Ailey, before being rested in the early 1980s. A short run of Whittock's strips in the 1980s was followed by an extended run of Ailey's strips, but Champ had by then become a Chip-ite rather than his original Whizz-kid self.
- Champ is a mascot.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Champ
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Routes in Persia (1887)
by India. Quarter Master General's Department. Intelligence Branch
Champ is a small village on the banks of Eajti Nulla.
Kasb Kand Here at Champ is the head of the Eaju Nulla, which, onwards, the road descends to within 1 march of Chahhar ; at the halting place are found grass, wood, grazing, and water.
The Foundation for HIV Prevention Research Efforts by Mary M. McKay
a father who has lived within the community for eleven years adds that “ CHAMP is a unique program because of its Collaborative Board. We are able to do more than other programs and work more effectively as well.” Researchers ...
Untold Story of Champ, The (2012)
A Social History of America's Loch Ness Monster by Robert E. Bartholomew
For everyone, Champ is a poster child of what may lie undiscovered because it is scientifically plausible. Champ may be a new or long-thought extinct creature. Some day sophisticated technology will settle the debate, and even if the answer ...
by The National Gardening Association, Bob Beckstrom, Karan Davis Cutler, Kathleen Fisher, Phillip Giroux, Judy Glattstein, Michael MacCaskey, Bill Marken, Charlie Nardozzi, Sally Roth, Marcia Tatroe, Lance Walheim, Ann Whitman
The healthful-herb champ is the chili pepper: One teaspoon of chili powder contains potassium, sodium, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), niacin, and vitamin A. If you substitute chili powder for your multivitamin, we recommend taking each teaspoon ...
by David Blakesley, Jeffrey L. Hoogeveen
Champ is the dog who is in the lead position. Forming Complex Sentences 26c Copyright 2011 Cengage Learning. All Rights Reserved. May not be copied, scanned, or duplicated, in whole or in part. Due to electronic rights, some third party ...
Survey of Missions and Sensors by Herbert J. Kramer
CHAMP is a German BMBF-funded geophysical minisatellite mission of GFZ ( GeoFors- chungsZentrum. Potsdam. Germany) in cooperation with DLR. The satellite was built by the German space industry with the intent to foster high-tech ...
Oldest Ghosts (2001)
St. Augustine Haunts by Karen Harvey
Champ is a different ...
Haunted Places (2002)
The National Directory: Ghostly Abodes, Sacred Sites, UFO Landings, and Other Supernatural Locations by Dennis William Hauck
Champ is a lake monster that has been sighted regularly since the early 1800s. In August 1878, six people in a yacht described it as having “two large folds just back of the head projecting above the water, and at some distance, say ...
Image Analysis and Integration, Third Edition by Gary L. Prost
Challenging Minisatellite Payload CHAMP is a German satellite built and managed by DLR and launched during July 2000. The mission lasted until September 2010. The purpose of this satellite was atmospheric and ionospheric research ...
A Celebration of the Grooviest People, Events, and Artifacts of the 1960s by Chris Strodder
Great Boxers Nino Benvenuti—middleweight champ , ...
A - D by Hensleigh Wedgwood
— Champ. Prov. E. to cham, champ, chamble, to chew. — Hal.
by Judith Siefring
champ. champ (orchafe) at the bit be restlessly impatient, especially to start doing something. Champ at the bit is used literally of a spirited horse that tugs at the bit in its mouth in its eagerness to move.
An Encyclopedia of American Folklore (3 Volumes) by Christopher R. Fee, Jeffrey B. Webb
American legend is populated with beasts and sea creatures of a wide variety of shapes and sizes, including Champ of Lake Champlain. Residents near the lake in New York's Adirondack Mountains claim to have seen a large, serpentine ...
by Kevin McCann, Mark Diehl
Grace" actor McCormack: 4 ERIC actress Messing: 5 DEBRA actress Mullally: 5 MEGAN Grace on: 5 ADLER Maid on: 7 ROSARIO Willard Boxing champ: 4 JESS "Will be" What ~ will be: 3 ARE Word before and after: 4 BOYS " will be done .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Champ
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Champ
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Champ
Click on an item to play that video:
- Champ Meaning
Video shows what Champ means. A large aquatic creature, similar to the Loch Ness monster, which supposedly lives in Lake Champlain, located on the shared ...
- Champ's meaning of July 4th
- NASA CHAMP - ClickLock assembly/explanation
- Goodwin Farm, Isabella's Champ & Western Slang 10 APR 2010
Goodwin Farm is located just west of Saratoga Springs, NY. This is Isabella's Champ (3yr filly) breezing with Western Slang (5yr Mare), going a 1/4 mile on 5/8 ...
- Champ at the bit Meaning
Video shows what champ at the bit means. to bite the bit, especially when restless. (of a person) to show impatience or frustration when delayed. Champ at the ...
- Rendre le champ description non obligatoire
- Porter Robinson Language Tour Vancouver, BC 2012 - The Champ
- Ahmet, Peigi, Charlie, Noor - description du champ
See also the pronunciation examples of Champ!
Quotes about Champ
Scrabble value of C3H4A1M3P3
The value of this 5-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Champ to see it in context!