On this page:
Definition of the noun charles lamb
What does charles lamb mean as a name of something?
- English essayist (1775-1834)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- scientific name: Elia
- synonym of Charles Lamb: Lamb
- instance of: essayist / litterateur = a writer of literary works
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- Charles Lamb was an English writer and essayist, best known for his Essays of Elia and for the children's book Tales from Shakespeare, which he produced with his sister, Mary Lamb.
- also known as 查爾斯·蘭姆; Лэм, Чарлз
- born on (240 years ago) in Inner Temple
- education: Christ's Hospital
- died on (181 years ago) in Edmonton, London of erysipelas
- written works: "The complete works of Charles Lamb in prose and verse", "Bon-mots of Charles Lamb and Douglas Jerrold", "Everybody's Lamb", "The old benchers of the Inner Temple", "The praise of chimney-sweepers", "The adventures of Ulysses", "Lamb's criticism", "Lamb's essays", "Album verses", "The tale of Prince Dorus", "Rosamund Gray, essays, poems, etc", "Lembasaṭelera katipaẏa ākhyāẏikā", "The works of Charles and Mary Lamb", "Some essays of Elia", "Prince Dorus, or, Flattery put out of countenance", "The collected essays of Charles Lamb", "Tregime nga Shekspiri", "Plays and dramatic essays", "Essais choisis de Charles Lamb", "Contes tirés de Shakespeare", "Christ's Hospital five and thirty years ago", "Old China", "The child angel", "A midsummer night's dream", "A few words on Christmas", "Ten tales from Shakespeare", "A descriptive catalogue of the library of Charles Lamb", "Specimens of English dramatic poets", "Sprookjes en vertellingen naar Shakespeare", "A letter regarding roast pig to William Hazlitt and A letter on friendship to Robert Lloyd, together with A dissertation on roast pig", "Shashibiya xi ju gu shi ji", "A dissertation upon roast pig", "Final memorials of Charles Lamb", "Lamb's stories from Shakespeare", "A masque of days", "The prose works of Charles Lamb", "The correspondence of Charles Lamb", "Racconti da Shakespeare", "Letters, newly arr., with additions", "Literary sketches and letters", "Yin bian yan yu", "The letters", "Mrs. Battle's opinions on whist", "The Londoner", "The portable Charles Lamb", "The King and queen of hearts", "Charles Lamb and Elia", "Lamb and Shakespeare", "The works in prose and verse of Charles and Mary Lamb", "Miscellaneous essays & sketches"
- Charles Lamb was a British film and television actor. He was born in London, where he also died.
- Charles Lamb: Charles Stennett Lamb is a former English cricketer. Lamb was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm fast-medium. He was born in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
- Charles Lamb: Commander Charles Bentall Lamb DSO DSC Royal Navy was an officer in the Fleet Air Arm during World War II. He piloted a Fairey Swordfish torpedo strike reconnaissance aircraft at the Battle of Taranto, and later wrote a best selling book on his experiences called To War in a Stringbag.
- born in (102 years ago)
- died in (35 years ago)
- written work: "To war in a stringbag"
- Charles Lamb: Charles Wesley Lamb was a Progressive Conservative party member of the Canadian House of Commons. He was born in Prince Albert, Ontario and became an auctioneer and businessman by career.
- also known as Charles Wesley Lamb
- born in (125 years ago) in Scugog
- died on (50 years ago)
- "Charles Lamb" is a book by Alfred Ainger.
- also known as "Charles Lamb (Eng. men of letters)"
- "Charles Lamb" is a book by Thomas Craddock.
Charles Lamb is a drinking establishment.
- also known as The Charles Lamb
- part of United Kingdom
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Charles Lamb
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by T.J. Carty
Charles Lamb Charles James Lever Capell Lofft Christopher Love C. L. ESQ. Chandos Leigh C. L. E. ...
by Cathy Hartley
Lucas, The Life of Charles Lamb, 1921. P.L. Lamburn, Richmal Crompton See CROMPTON, ...
Encyclopedia of Rose Science (2003)
by Thomas Debener, Serge Gudin
Charles Kuralt See CLEtraveler 'Charles Lamb' HP, 1884; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Charles Lamb
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Charles Lamb
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Charles Lamb
Anagrams of CHARLES LAMB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Charles Lamb!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Charles Lamb to find many related words and phrases!