On this page:
- Definition of the noun chemistry
- Phrases with Chemistry
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chemistry
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chemistry
- Photos about Chemistry
- Video language resources about Chemistry
- Sign language
- Quotes about Chemistry
- Scrabble value of C3H4E1M3I1S1T1R1Y4
- Anagrams of CHEMISTRY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun chemistry
What does chemistry mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: chemistries
- the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of chemistry: chemical science
- more generic term: natural science = the sciences involved in the study of the physical world and its phenomena
- more specific terms:
- chemoimmunology / immunochemistry = the field of chemistry concerned with chemical processes in immunology
- organic chemistry = the chemistry of compounds containing carbon
- inorganic chemistry = the chemistry of compounds that do not contain hydrocarbon radicals
- physical chemistry = the branch of chemistry dealing with the physical properties of chemical substances
- electrochemistry = branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical action of electricity and the production of electricity by chemical reactions
- femtochemistry = the branch of chemistry that studies elementary (often very fast) chemical reactions as they occur
- geochemistry = the chemistry of the earth's crust
- photochemistry = branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical action of light
- nuclear chemistry / radiochemistry = the chemistry of radioactive substances
- surface chemistry = the branch of chemistry that studies processes occurring at interfaces between phases
- thermochemistry = the branch of chemistry that studies the relation between chemical action and the amount of heat absorbed or generated
- the chemical composition and properties of a substance or object
- the way two individuals relate to each other
Alternative definition of the noun chemistry
- [uncountable] The branch of natural science that deals with the composition and constitution of substances and the changes that they undergo as a consequence of alterations in the constitution of their molecules.
- [countable] An application of chemical theory and method to a particular substance.
- [context: informal] The mutual attraction between two people; rapport.
- CHEMISTRY was a Japanese pop duo, composed of Yoshikuni Dōchin and Kaname Kawabata born January 28, 1979. They were the winners of the Asayan audition in 2000 organized by Sony Music Entertainment Japan.
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Rhythm and blues, J-pop, Pop music, Contemporary R&B
- albums: "PIECES OF A DREAM", "Point of No Return", "You Go Your Way", "The Way We Are", "君をさがしてた～New Jersey United～", "FLOATIN'", "It Takes Two / SOLID DREAM / MOVE ON", "My Gift to You", "Second to None", "Between the Lines", "アシタへカエル / Us", "YOUR NAME NEVER GONE / Now or Never / You Got Me", "So in Vain", "One × One", "Mirage in blue / いとしい人 (Single Ver.)", "Long Long Way", "白の吐息", "Hot Chemistry", "キミがいる", "Wings of Words", "Almost in love", "Fo(u)r", "Re:fo(u)rm", "ALL THE BEST", "Top of the World", "空の奇跡", "約束の場所", "遠影 feat. John Legend", "This Night", "最期の川", "輝く夜", "Life goes on", "Period", "Regeneration", "Face to Face", "CHEMISTRY 2001-2011", "The CHEMISTRY joint album", "Winter of Love", "Trinity", "Two As One", "あの日…feat.童子-T/Once Again", "Merry-go-round", "恋する雪 愛する空"
- nomination: - nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Japan - "Pieces of a Dream"
- official website: www.chemistry-official.net
- Chemistry a.k.a. Jaydee is a Dutch house music producer and DJ. The original name was Jei D, which Robin Albers changed to JayDee.
- read more about Jaydee
- Chemistry is a musician.
- also known as Juan Antonio Belmonte García, Juan Belmonte
Chemistry is a musical duo from Mexico.
- album: "Pale Cat Swingers"
- "Chemistry" is a book by Martin Silberberg & Lewis Desimone.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- subjects: Molecular biology, Science, Chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Organic chemistry, Physical Chemistry
- copyright: 2006-03-31
- "Chemistry" is a book by John McMurry.
- "Chemistry" is a book by Loretta Jones.
- also known as "Chemistry: molecules, matter, and change"
- "Chemistry" is a 2009 Malayalam film by Viji Thampi based on a true story about a high school student. The film was later dubbed into Tamil as Naan Gowri' in 2012'.
- Chemistry is a Pakistani Urdu-Language drama serial that premiered on Geo Entertainment on 8 October 2010, directed by Syed Ahmad Kamran. The main cast includes Sanam Baloch, Faisal Rehman, Iffat Umar and Danish Taimoor. The drama's tag line reads 'Chemistry, subject of love'.
- "Chemistry" is a Telugu film directed by Vachespathy Jonnalagadda, starring Sri Ram Kodali and Amitha Rao. Uday Kumar was the producer and Vishwanath Ghantasala composed the music.
- "Chemistry" is the third studio album by British all-female pop group Girls Aloud. It was released in the United Kingdom on 5 December 2005 by Polydor Records. After the success of What Will the Neighbours Say?, the album was again entirely produced by Brian Higgins and his production team Xenomania again. Chemistry is a loose concept album which details celebrity lifestyle and "what it's like to be a twentysomething girl in London." A number of the songs notably avoid the typical verse-chorus form of pop music, instead making use of unusual structures.
- "Chemistry" is the second solo album by singer Johnny Gill and features a fan favorite, "Half Crazy," written by noted Philadelphia songwriter/producer Linda Creed.
- "Chemistry" is the second mini album from South Korean duo Trouble Maker, which consists of 4Minute's HyunA and Beast's Hyunseung. It was released digitally on October 28, 2013 with the lead single "Now".
- genre: Pop music
- released on
- "Chemistry" is a 2005 collaboration album by Buckshot of the Boot Camp Clik and 9th Wonder of Little Brother. 9th provides all the production on the release, and handled all recording and mixing except for the song "No Comparison" which was recorded by Khrysis, while leaving the rapping to Buckshot, with guest appearances from members of the Boot Camp Clik and the Justus League. This album is paralleled by the Black Moon album "Alter the Chemistry", which was basically a remix album produced by Da Beatminerz.
- "Chemistry" is a song by the alternative rock band Semisonic. It was their first single on their 2001 album, All About Chemistry. It reached 39 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks and 35 on the UK Singles Chart.
- "Chemistry" is a song by Dutch recording artist Eva Simons, from her debut studio album, EVA-LUTION. It was released in the Netherlands on March 20, 2013. Although song did not achieve the same commercial and critical success as the earlier singles, it did climb to number 28 and spend 5 weeks on the Dutch Top 40 charts. The song was used in a Pepsi ad campaign in the Netherlands which gave customers a chance to meet Simons when she performed on Beyoncé's "The Mrs. Carter world tour".
- music by Eva Simons
- "Chemistry" is a musical album of Zeebee.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Chemistry" is a musical album of Nirvana.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Chemistry" is a musical single of Erik Rapp & Ekaterina Ryabova.
- released on
- "Chemistry" is a composition.
- "Chemistry" is a musical album of Mr. Shiraz.
- released in
- "Chemistry" is a musical single of Katie Nicholas.
- released on
- "Chemistry" is a 2013 single by Eva Simons.
- released on
- "Chemistry" is a composition.
- "Chemistry" is a musical single of Velvet.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Chemistry" is a musical album of Chris Cowie.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Chemistry" is a musical album of Toxic Audio.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Chemistry was a sexually explicit comedy-drama series that debuted on Cinemax as a part of its Max After Dark lineup on August 19, 2011. It followed the affair of an attorney and a police officer, which began after the officer saved the attorney from a car wreck. The last episode aired on November 18, 2011.
- Chemistry: In the context of relationships, chemistry is a complex "emotion" that two people get when they share a special connection. It is not necessarily sexual. It is the impulse making one think "I need to see this [other] person again" - that feeling of "we click". It is very early in one's relationship that they can intuitively work out whether they have positive or negative chemistry.
- Chemistry: In the history of science, the etymology of the word chemistry is a debatable issue. It is agreed that the word derives from the word alchemy, which is a European one, derived from the Arabic al-kīmīā. The Arabic term is derived from the Greek χημία or χημεία. However, the ultimate origin of the root word, chem, is uncertain.
- Chemistry is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Chemistry is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad, created by Hub Strategy for Oakland A's.
- award: - Telly Award for Local TV & Local Cable Commercial - Sports/Sporting Goods/Games, received by Hub Strategy
Phrases with Chemistry
Phrases starting with the word Chemistry:
Phrases ending with the word Chemistry:
- Wet chemistry
- Soil chemistry
- Click chemistry
- Bucket Chemistry
- nuclear chemistry
- organic chemistry
- Quantum chemistry
- surface chemistry
- Clinical chemistry
- Isotopic Chemistry
- physical chemistry
- inorganic chemistry
- Medicinal chemistry
- Radiation chemistry
- Coordination chemistry
- Combinatorial chemistry
- Computational chemistry
View more phrases with the word Chemistry in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chemistry
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Chemistry is the study of matter and its properties. Everything in the universe is made or composed of different kinds of matter in one of its three states: solid, liquid, or gas. Matter is defined by its properties. Chemistry is a study of those ...
by Terry J. Hawn, Peter Economy
Chemistry is the science that deals with substance and matter, the distinct properties of certain types of matter, and how those kinds of matter interact with other types of matter. It also serves as a foundation or building block for other scientific ...
Engineering Solutions for Sustainable Chemical Processing by Kamelia Boodhoo, Adam Harvey
Practically, green chemistry is a term of two parts: first, there is new technology and hardware, such as flow reactors and microwave reactors; and second, there is general good housekeeping and organic chemistry, which can be considered ...
High Throughput Screening (1997)
The Discovery of Bioactive Substances by John P. Devlin
INTRODUCTION Combinatorial chemistry is the chemistry characterized by divergent ...
The Seven Sides of Leadership in Daily Life by Pat Williams, Jim Denney
Chemistry is an elusive quality that produces success. It's made up of such factors as personality, character, job...
Thekey to chemistry is a balance of complementary personality types. You need some noisy motivators and some strong,silent ...
Daniel Lane ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY SECOND EDITION Volume4 R–Z. Front Cover.
by C.K. Shah
PREFACE The cell and tissue chemistry have evolved in diverse.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chemistry
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chemistry
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Marcin Wichary
Photo credit: astro_matt
- So Much Chemistry
Photo credit: Amy Loves Yah
- Super Chemistry Friends!
Wherever there is oxidation, reduction, or despair, the Super Chemistry Friends are there!
As featured in The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments (fantastic first issue!).
Photo credit: phooky
- Chemistry in Second Life at MICA Island
Chemistry in SL by Jean-Claude Bradley and Andrew Lang...
Photo credit: Hiro Sheridan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Chemistry
Click on an item to play that video:
- Chemistry Vocabulary Unit 1.1
Unit 1 Cycle 1 Vocabulary Review.
- Chemistry Vocabulary Unit 1.2
States of Matter ELH APChemistry 10th Grade.
- Chemistry Vocabulary Unit 2.1
Vocab from unit 2 (atoms)
- Chemistry - meaning of tears
Chemistry - meaning of tears.
- Pure Substance in Chemistry Definition, Properties & Examples
Pure Substances: Concept and Properties Imagine a cube of sugar that you might add to a cup of hot coffee or tea. If you look at the box of sugar cubes, you ...
- Explanation of Hydrolysis in Chemistry : Chemistry Help
- Definition of the Meniscus in Chemistry Terms : Chemistry Lessons
- ICSE Science class 7 demo FUNDAMENTAL CHEMISTRY CHEMIAL TERMINOLOGY WRITING A CHEMICAL FORMULA
ICSE Science class 7 demo FUNDAMENTAL CHEMISTRY CHEMIAL TERMINOLOGY WRITING A CHEMICAL FORMULA For more detailed explanation signup ...
- Chemistry Meaning
Video shows what chemistry means. The branch of natural science that deals with the composition and constitution of substances and the changes that they ...
- M1D MoDRN Introduction: "Definition of Green Chemistry"
In this module, Prof. Anastas explains the 21-word definition of green chemistry. Prof. Anastas introduces the concept of green chemistry, its principles and ...
- Unit-2 Polymers and Composites (Polymers Definition & Polymerization) - Chemistry
- The Meaning of Polarity in Chemistry : Chemistry & Physics
- Definition of Volume - Chemistry Matters iPad app
Lead Audio Engineer This video was made for the Chemistry teaching iPad app, Chemistry Matters.
- Mole Concept and Stoichiometry, Lecture 3 , Chemistry IIT JEE (Definition of mole, Solved Examples)
This is a lecture for understanding Mole Concept and Stoichiometry in Chemistry for preparing for JEE, BITS and other engineering exams. The lectures are ...
- Definition of a Spotting Capillary in Chemistry : Chemistry Concepts
- Elementary Explanation of Air Density : The Marvels of Chemistry
- L2 - The Definition of Green Chemistry
Lesson 2 of Introduction to Green Chemistry presents Paul Anastas's original definition of Green Chemistry.
- Definition of the Metric System in Chemistry : Chemistry Lessons
- Plainfield AP Chemistry - video homework explanation day4
- 3.2 The Language of Chemistry
Introduction to ionic bonding.
- Language of Chemistry
- Chemistry Dictionary
- Math, Physics, Chemistry and English Language private tuition
This video is all about coaching hints from a man named Maciej Bartosiak. He claims he's not someone who's highly intellectual since he was also a bad student ...
- Language of Chemistry
- Semiconductor Process Chemistry - Technic Semicon Taiwan 2013 video - English Language
Technic Elevate Chemistry for Semiconductor Manufacturing - Video featured at Semicon Taiwan in 2013 - Semiconductor Chemistry, Equipment and Controls ...
- CC11 CLIL Chemistry Language
Cafe CLIL Discussion 11 The Language of Chemistry.
- Chemical Formulae, The Universal Language of Chemistry.
- Language, Consciousness and Brain Chemistry
This is a response to redliterocket's post entitled "chemical language"
- What Is The Definition Of Biological chemistry Medical Dictionary Free Online
what is the definition of medical terminology, medical dictionary, medical dictionary free download, medical terminology made easy, medical terminology song ...
- The Children Referendum Public Info TV (English Language) | Chemistry
An explanation of the Children Referendum from the Referendum Commission. The Children Referendum takes place on Saturday, November 10th 2012 with ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Chemistry!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Referendum on the Fiscal Stability Treaty 2012 - sign language | Chemistry
The Referendum on the Fiscal Stability Treaty 2012 explained in sign language.
- The Children Referendum - Irish Sign Language | Chemistry
An explanation in Irish Sign Language of the Children Referendum from the Referendum Commission. The Children Referendum takes place on Saturday ...
Quotes about Chemistry
It was that chemistry. And was the fact that he was president part of that chemistry? I don't know. Maybe. Probably. But it was - I was there because there was chemistry. I wasn't there because, oh, this is the president. (Monica Lewinsky)
more quotes about chemistry...
Scrabble value of C3H4E1M3I1S1T1R1Y4
The value of this 9-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CHEMISTRY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Chemistry!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Chemistry to see it in context!